Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WAIT I KNOW WHY WE SUCKED for a Decade (and why 2017 wasn’t sustained)

Going to be a shame seeing Burrow play for the Bengals.

That kid can play. Does everything a modern NFL QB needs to do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-07-2019, 07:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Going to be a shame seeing Burrow play for the Bengals.

That kid can play. Does everything a modern NFL QB needs to do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Burrows is gonna be great but I think Fromm  has skills that will translate into the NFL quite well. Quite a few analysts have him slipping to the 2nd round. He might be worth picking up.

(12-07-2019, 10:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The main issue has been their failures at the Quarterback position. It's that simple. You can get away with not having slam dunks and hitting grand slams in every draft as long as you have your Quarterback.

Let's just face it. Since they traded Mark Brunell to the Washington Redskins in 2004 this team has lacked an identity on offense in the passing game and they've tried like hell to mask it with a running game over the years. Leftwich failed, Garrard was the band-aid. Garrard failed, Gabbert was the band-aid. Gabbert failed, Henne was the band-aid. Henne failed, Bortles was the band-aid.

Bortles failed, Foles was the band-aid. Foles has failed so far due to injury, Minshew has been the promising band-aid.

This franchise has been STARVING for a Quarterback for 15 years now. Green Bay went from Favre to Rodgers. Indianapolis went from Manning to Luck. New England's always had Brady for nearly 20 years now. San Diego went from Brees to Rivers while Brees moved a few states over east into Louisiana. Atlanta has had Matt Ryan. Pittsburgh has had Roethlisberger. New York had Manning for years and have transitioned over into Jones.

The list goes on and on. Whatever this next staff decides to do. It's pretty clear they have to get this Quarterback situation resolved, cemented & stabilized for long term sustainability.

This is why I like talking football with you. Your 100 percent correct. Unless you hit on an elite QB, the rest really doesn’t matter unless everything falls into place in a perfect way.

Look at all those times New England traded down in the draft. It’s because of Tom Brady. They have won Super Bowls with old vets. Guys like Tim Dwight, Junior Seau, Troy Brown. 

When they miss on a guy in the first round or if they miss on a FA like Chad Johnson, it doesn’t matter because they have Tom Brady. 

The QB is the one you have to hit on. Then you have to have a good play caller that understands what his QB excels at. Then you can go get ANY RB in pretty much any round and make it work.

The WRs, and TEs don’t matter because Tom Brady type QBs will make them look elite.

Then of course you have to have a defense and a good FG kicker.

I could jump on the sideline as a HC and win a super bowl with Tom Brady. My OC calls the plays, my defense stops the ball, and I win trophies.