Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Patriots dynasty is finally crumbling, and it is a beautiful sight.

Do yourself a favor and watch this Chiefs vs. Pats game. The Patriots offense is absolutely abysmal, Brady is throwing temper tantrums, and it’s all falling apart. And I’m loving everybody minute of it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2019, 06:46 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Do yourself a favor and watch this Chiefs vs. Pats game. The Patriots offense is absolutely abysmal, Brady is throwing temper tantrums, and it’s all falling apart. And I’m loving everybody minute of it.

Lol, give it 5 weeks...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-08-2019, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 06:46 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Do yourself a favor and watch this Chiefs vs. Pats game. The Patriots offense is absolutely abysmal, Brady is throwing temper tantrums, and it’s all falling apart. And I’m loving everybody minute of it.

Lol, give it 5 weeks...

Exactly, this is following the same script for the past 5 years lol.

The refs will step in soon they always do when it gets close

The refs kind of screwed the Pats out of a TD because they had no challenges left for a bad out of bounds call. The reason I say kind of is because the Patriots shouldn't have even been that far downfield in the first place. In one of the most blatant biased calls I've ever seen, a ref threw a flag on a DPI. The only problem was that the flag was in the air and on its downward arc before the first molecule of contact was made between the players. It was a completely rigged call. He threw the flag when there was a clear gap of at least a foot between them. Have a taste of your own medicine, Patriots nation.

Wait for the playoffs....

[Image: 18e77bc71e4068597d239d96170775e8.jpg]

Yes, now 9-5 after blowing the Miami game and looking pathetic against Pittsburgh. They are done.

Wait...what year is it?

Tom has been acting very frustrated these last few weeks when the Patriots weaknesses have been on display even more. The way he's been acting, if you didn't know better you would think that the Patriots would have a much worse record than they do now. And all of a sudden he's showing up on injury reports with multiple injuries. It seems like more than we've really seen from him. I think that last week he had a toe injury, and I think another injury as well. I think he had another injury listed prior to that a few weeks ago. And during the press conference after this game he showed up with his arm wrapped up heavily.

The Patriots definitely do not look as strong as they have in the past. I do wonder how far they get in the playoffs. I would rather see some other teams make deep playoffs run/win a Super Bowl than them.

(12-08-2019, 10:10 PM)mal234 Wrote: Tom has been acting very frustrated these last few weeks when the Patriots weaknesses have been on display even more. The way he's been acting, if you didn't know better you would think that the Patriots would have a much worse record than they do now. And all of a sudden he's showing up on injury reports with multiple injuries. It seems like more than we've really seen from him. I think that last week he had a toe injury, and I think another injury as well. I think he had another injury listed prior to that a few weeks ago. And during the press conference after this game he showed up with his arm wrapped up heavily.

The Patriots definitely do not look as strong as they have in the past. I do wonder how far they get in the playoffs. I would rather see some other teams make deep playoffs run/win a Super Bowl than them.

Tom acting frustrated all the time is nothing new. He has always been that way even in seasons when they are undefeated.

(12-08-2019, 10:12 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 10:10 PM)mal234 Wrote: Tom has been acting very frustrated these last few weeks when the Patriots weaknesses have been on display even more. The way he's been acting, if you didn't know better you would think that the Patriots would have a much worse record than they do now. And all of a sudden he's showing up on injury reports with multiple injuries. It seems like more than we've really seen from him. I think that last week he had a toe injury, and I think another injury as well. I think he had another injury listed prior to that a few weeks ago. And during the press conference after this game he showed up with his arm wrapped up heavily.

Tom acting frustrated all the time is nothing new. He has always been that way even in seasons when they are undefeated.

Yeah, but IMO it seems to be extra revved up these past few weeks. I read somewhere that he told Cris Collinsworth this season (when he did a sat down interview with him) that he was miserable off camera. The Patriots were 8-0 at the time and he told Cris he was the most miserable 8-0 Quarterback in the history of the league. Cris had stated he wish they had put that on camera. He just seems extra frustrated/dissatisfied this year. And maybe it's largely because he feels like this current Patriots team may not not go deep in the playoffs/go back to the Super Bowl.

(12-08-2019, 10:20 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 10:12 PM)Brett Wrote: Tom acting frustrated all the time is nothing new. He has always been that way even in seasons when they are undefeated.

Yeah, but IMO it seems to be extra revved up these past few weeks. I read somewhere that he told Cris Collinsworth this season (when he did a sat down interview with him) that he was miserable off camera. The Patriots were 8-0 at the time and he told Cris he was the most miserable 8-0 Quarterback in the history of the league. Cris had stated he wish they had put that on camera. He just seems extra frustrated/dissatisfied this year. And maybe it's largely because he feels like this current Patriots team may not not go deep in the playoffs/go back to the Super Bowl.
He is leaving. Setting it up now to use as an excuse to go to somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 10:22 AM by Caldrac.)

Finally. It only took them 20 years and 9 [BLEEP] Superbowl appearances to finally show some rust.

Yet they still boast a quality defense and have double digit wins.

Also. [BLEEP] Brady. Belichick was right about Garoppollo. I hope they both leave New England in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Did anyone else see the article that KC's equipment flew to Jersey instead of Boston?

I immediately thought of all the prior shenanigans involving the Pats, dating back to a snowblower game. Things just always seem to fall into their favor, or work against the opposition, at least.

Tom is getting old. The fade was already starting last season. Age has finally caught up, and the lack of playmakers around him cannot be offset by his talents alone. He's a competitior, but he's competing with average (at best) talent around him. He can no longer pull rabbits out of his hat.

Regardless of how this postseason plays out, I believe he will retire. What other accomplishment does he have, short of a bust in the HOF (and frankly, I would not be shocked in the least if they bypassed the five year rule and put him in the year he calls it quits)? A week later, Belichick will also ride off into the sunset. He's no fool, and he's not going to ruin his legacy trying to develop the next star QB. He's had a great run of building some talented QBs that ended up elsewhere, dating back to Matt Cassel.

And next year, Pats fans will have to come to grips with the reality that Buffalo and Miami may end up the favorites to win the division. As Bart Scott once said, "Can't Wait!"

Rex Ryan was straight up giddy about this this morning on Get Up.

I for one absolutely loved how the refs "screwed" them yesterday.
Oh, did they blow the whistle on that scoop and score? Poor Pats..

There is no way this team makes it past Baltimore, I don't care how good the defense is playing this year.

Baltimore v SF/Nola is the SB
I just can't see it shaking out any other way.

When they don't make the playoffs, wake me. The calls usually happen in January and Feb, in case someone's new and didn't know.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(12-09-2019, 03:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Rex Ryan was straight up giddy about this this morning on Get Up.

There is no way this team makes it past Baltimore, I don't care how good the defense is playing this year.

Props to you for even being able to watch that show. Yuck, can't stand it, lol.

(12-09-2019, 03:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Rex Ryan was straight up giddy about this this morning on Get Up.

The NFC playoffs is going to be brilliant. Niners, Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Vikings looking good this year. How seedings fall and who can stay healthiest will be a big decider but that looks real any given Sunday football.

The Niners were my outside bet at the start of the year, just wish I'd put cash on now!

If that's what crumbling is, what are we? I'd change positions with them in a heartbeat.

(12-08-2019, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The refs kind of screwed the Pats out of a TD because they had no challenges left for a bad out of bounds call. The reason I say kind of is because the Patriots shouldn't have even been that far downfield in the first place. In one of the most blatant biased calls I've ever seen, a ref threw a flag on a DPI. The only problem was that the flag was in the air and on its downward arc before the first molecule of contact was made between the players. It was a completely rigged call. He threw the flag when there was a clear gap of at least a foot between them. Have a taste of your own medicine, Patriots nation.
I absolutely saw that... I'm like the flag was in the air and they hadn't even touched each other.... I was like they have to be calling that on somebody else right cuz they never even make contact.... Totally rigged call....I'm telling you when the games are closed or the pats are down the raptors try to get them back into the game I've seen it a few times this year

(12-09-2019, 08:10 PM)Brett Wrote:

Props to you for even being able to watch that show. Yuck, can't stand it, lol.

I usually watch about 15-20 mins while sipping coffee.... There isn't much else worth watching that time of day.
I stay away from the news because I don't want to start my day off in a bad mood.