Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Official coaching hire speculations

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 01:41 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(12-09-2019, 01:34 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Marvin Lewis?
Garrett?
Ron Rivera?How 

I thought we wanted to get better...

Might as well keep Marrone or give JDR a call.

Wanna know what all of those guys have in common?

Winning records.

Do they have winning records on the playoffs?

Garrett's and Lewis records on the playoffs are hilarious and probably a downgrade from what we have right now LOL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-09-2019, 01:34 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Marvin Lewis?
Garrett?
Ron Rivera?

I thought we wanted to get better...

Might as well keep Marrone or give JDR a call.

Wanna know what all of those guys have in common?

Winning records.
You only view them as good coaches because the coaching here has been so bad.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 01:42 PM by knarnn.)

(12-09-2019, 01:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:34 PM)knarnn Wrote: Wanna know what all of those guys have in common?

Winning records.

Do they have winning records on the playoffs?

Garrett's and Lewis records on the playuoffs are hilarious and probably a downgrade from what we have right now LOL

[Image: 43116d2331e6adf4a5a44f461d4ea7c3803df388...5ae949.jpg]

Baby steps my guy.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think Ron Rivera is the best case scenario that could actually happen.

(12-09-2019, 10:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Marvin Lewis

Marvin Lewis had a lot of success with very limited resources.  Cincy was well known as one of the cheapest franchises in terms of scouting and front office functionality.

Does one get a free pass to Heaven if 10+ years on this planet is spent coaching the Jags and/or the Bengals?

(12-09-2019, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:34 PM)knarnn Wrote: Wanna know what all of those guys have in common?

Winning records.
You only view them as good coaches because the coaching here has been so bad.

For the record my guy is Kevin Stefanski with the Vikings. But I expect them to go after a more matured, experienced body at HC. Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot to choose from if you’re looking for someone with a proven winning record with success in the playoffs. 

McCarthy would fit that category. Who else?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(12-09-2019, 01:46 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You only view them as good coaches because the coaching here has been so bad.

For the record my guy is Kevin Stefanski with the Vikings. But I expect them to go after a more matured, experienced body at HC. Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot to choose from if you’re looking for someone with a proven winning record with success in the playoffs. 

I like Stefanski as well. Wouldn't mind George Paton coming down with him as well. He's been a good assitant general manager for the Vikings for years now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Snow Wolf ?

(12-09-2019, 01:46 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You only view them as good coaches because the coaching here has been so bad.

I like Stefanski too.

Stefanski, Bienemy, Rhule, but a wildcard may be Dave Toub. Typically, special teams guys make good head coaches because they are pretty well rounded in multiple areas.

I just don't see Marvin Lewis as an upgrade and Rivera may be in high demand (Cleveland, Washington, LAC, ATL, Detroit and Dallas).

No thanks to Marvin Lewis.  Ideally, we get a coach under 50.

(12-09-2019, 02:50 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Snow Wolf ?

gets my vote.

NFL Network is going to air a special called the McCarthy Project about Mike McCarthy taking a year off from football and rethinking everything. Has a partial staff to include Jim Haslett and they review tape every week and brainstorm. We could do a lot worse.....

I would like to see Ron Rivera but at this point I think this team will struggle to get any of the big names. Ron did say he would be looking for a challenge in his presser and this franchise is definitely that

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 06:33 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(12-09-2019, 06:17 PM)newporttom Wrote: NFL Network is going to air a special called the McCarthy Project about Mike McCarthy taking a year off from football and rethinking everything.  Has a partial staff to include Jim Haslett and they review tape every week and brainstorm.  We could do a lot worse.....

I think most of the time it is very important that they take a year off (like Coughlin) and rethink everything. I really like this from McCarthy and now I am more supportive of the idea of him coming here. Could be really good with Minshew.

Hell no to Rivera, Lewis and Garrett.

I'd be ok with Bienemy or Stefanski.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 07:40 PM by IndyJagsFan. Edit Reason: Triple post )

[quote dateline='1575934660']

(12-09-2019, 07:37 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Lewis gets a terrible rap. He built a team twice that had enough to go all the way. They were rolling in 2005 until that fat sumo fell on Palmer's knee in the Steelers playoff game and effectively killed his career and similarly in 2015 before Andy Dalton got hurt.

[/quote]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 08:14 PM by rpr52121.)

Most successful coaches right now are "Play designers". They don't just have a scheme or steal plays from other. They modify plays to their personnel and their opponents weaknesses. Whether that is on offense with Reid, Shanahan, Payton, Roman, or on defense with Belicheck and McDermott.

The other thing you need from your OC, is their ability to coach up at least one position group. No team can have very good players at every position, but the consistently good franchises can hide a few player/positions by coaching up their guys or scheme. That is what they should be looking for in their OC/DC.

The penalties, focus, and situation football should foundational requirement for everyone.

I would love them to interview Dave Toub.

It all depends on who is picking the next coach. If it's Coughlin, it'll be another re-tread that is one of his friends. We need new, fresh, young ideas from an up and coming coach. I vote for Eric Bieniemy or Kevin Stefanski.

If Coughlin is here it doesn't really matter because it's just going to be more garbage and losing.

Jack Del Rio
Here we go again

(12-09-2019, 10:47 PM)Preach Wrote: Jack Del Rio

"His name's Del Rio and his team is on a roll.....he's gonna lead the Jaguars to the Super Bowl. So I'm predicting that the world is gonna know....that's Jack Del Rio coaching in the Super Bowl."