Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Official coaching hire speculations

Roman is my choice as of now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/mattkaroly/status/12...8974599168

Hard pass on McCarthy.
For reference Haslett is the Redskins version of Todd Wash. The fact Mike is aligning with him as DC kinda disproves he's learned anything at all

What about Pete Carmichael Jr? His dad coached in Jacksonville. He has been with Sean Payton and Drew Brees quite a while. Minshew reminds me a little of Brees with his ball placement and timing.

That's still impressive what McCarthy is doing and how he is pushing himself. Very respectable.

(12-12-2019, 02:54 PM)Brett Wrote: That's still impressive what McCarthy is doing and how he is pushing himself. Very respectable.
He'll probably end up in Atlanta. Have that team in a Superbowl within four years. Win it.

And all the credit will go to Matt Ryan.

[Image: 25b11865ac2dc3b779a6aee12e86c52a.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 02:54 PM)Brett Wrote: That's still impressive what McCarthy is doing and how he is pushing himself. Very respectable.
He'll probably end up in Atlanta. Have that team in a Superbowl within four years. Win it.

You think Matt Ryan still has 4 more years of playing at that level left in him?  He might be about to hit the downslope.

(12-10-2019, 10:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/mattkaroly/status/12...8974599168

Hard pass on McCarthy.
For reference Haslett is the Redskins version of Todd Wash. The fact Mike is aligning with him as DC kinda disproves he's learned anything at all

Hopefully he doesn't have a specific type of QB hes looking for if he comes here. I really like what Minshew brings to the team, way beyond his skillset. His Minshew Mania character woke this fan base up. Small market team or not, someone like Minshew instantly becomes a fan favorite in the league.
In Dougie I Trust!

(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

I peg McCarthy for the Cleveland job.

I want to bring in a defensive minded head coach and then Khan should open up the check book and bring in Mike Lafleur in as our OC and assistant head coach

(12-13-2019, 11:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I want to bring in a defensive minded head coach and then Khan should open up the check book and bring in Mike Lafleur in as our OC and assistant head coach

Saleh would make sense in this scenario as they are currently on the same staff.

Not sure I'm on board with Saleh as HC. But at this point... I'm not sure if any of us, or anyone, knows what makes a good HC or not.

(12-10-2019, 12:34 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Roman is my choice as of now.

But, the Jaguars don't have a special talent like Lamar Jackson to make Roman look good.

(12-13-2019, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I want to bring in a defensive minded head coach and then Khan should open up the check book and bring in Mike Lafleur in as our OC and assistant head coach

Saleh would make sense in this scenario as they are currently on the same staff.

Not sure I'm on board with Saleh as HC. But at this point... I'm not sure if any of us, or anyone, knows what makes a good HC or not.
I'd be good with that combo.  Both would get a promotion

(12-13-2019, 11:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote: Saleh would make sense in this scenario as they are currently on the same staff.

I'd be good with that combo.  Both would get a promotion

You don't worry that Saleh is a bit of a rah rah HC with the way he acts on the sidelines?

Thats Shanahans offense and play calling. I'm good on making a 31 year old with no history of play calling or designing his own offense assistant head coach and OC

(12-13-2019, 12:03 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Thats Shanahans offense and play calling. I'm good on making a 31 year old with no history of play calling or designing his own offense assistant head coach and OC

Yeah, hes been learning under him.  Coaches start somewhere.  Hes been an assistant coach for over 10 years and coached in college before that.  His brother is also coaching the Packers so it isnt like bringing a guy off the street lol.  Hes been coaching his whole adult life and I would definitely like to bring him in and give him a shot.

(12-13-2019, 12:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 12:03 PM)JackCity Wrote: Thats Shanahans offense and play calling. I'm good on making a 31 year old with no history of play calling or designing his own offense assistant head coach and OC

Yeah, hes been learning under him.  Coaches start somewhere.  Hes been an assistant coach for over 10 years and coached in college before that.  His brother is also coaching the Packers so it isnt like bringing a guy off the street lol.  Hes been coaching his whole adult life and I would definitely like to bring him in and give him a shot.

He's been OC at tiny schools and was an intern in the NFL as recently as 2014. I'm all for going after modern and forward thinking playcallers, we just have zero evidence of any of his play calling or play design to bank on him being good.  

Also assistant HC title is usually reserved for some of the most experienced members of staff so hard to see him getting that role either.

(12-13-2019, 12:13 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 12:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, hes been learning under him.  Coaches start somewhere.  Hes been an assistant coach for over 10 years and coached in college before that.  His brother is also coaching the Packers so it isnt like bringing a guy off the street lol.  Hes been coaching his whole adult life and I would definitely like to bring him in and give him a shot.

He's been OC at tiny schools and was an intern in the NFL as recently as 2014. I'm all for going after modern and forward thinking playcallers, we just have zero evidence of any of his play calling or play design to bank on him being good.  

Also assistant HC title is usually reserved for some of the most experienced members of staff so hard to see him getting that role either.

It's because he is only 32.  And giving him a promotion like that is probably the only way you will get him from SF.  Hes not going to leave SF for the same position on another team.  Not sure if we will go after him but I think some team will and I would love for it to be us

(12-13-2019, 12:26 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He'll probably end up in Atlanta. Have that team in a Superbowl within four years. Win it.

You think Matt Ryan still has 4 more years of playing at that level left in him?  He might be about to hit the downslope.

I don't think he'll have to play at ridiculously high level. I just think they'll figure out a way to shorten up the offense and balance it out for him. Whether that's McCarty or maybe Roman remains to be seen. Hell, Blank might decide to keep Quinn when it's all said and done though. 

Just depends. But you have a fair point. I didn't realize Matt is up there now in age. He's pushing 34, 35 now I think.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Should just take San Francisco's DC then and ask Mike to come along with him. This year has me on the fence regarding the next hire. Because we've seen so many issues on both sides of the football that you can make any hire and it wouldn't really hurt my feelings on either side of the ball. 

If they like Richard out of Dallas or Saleh out of San Francisco that's fine with me. But the offensive coordinator position will be just as critical.

(12-13-2019, 11:52 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be good with that combo.  Both would get a promotion

You don't worry that Saleh is a bit of a rah rah HC with the way he acts on the sidelines?

If he can draw up an effective scheme, use his players wisely and use two brain cells when deciding when to call a timeout, I don't care if he shows up with pom poms on Sundays.