Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Arby Jones - If you feel like we’re quitting, don’t come to the game.

Quote: 
''If you feel like we're quitting, don't come to the game. That's all I got to say. Wait for next year,'' Jones said. ''There's no quit in us. Yeah, there's mistakes, but I mean, we're out there playing.''

Wow. I can’t wait until the stadium is empty in 3 weeks. 

And when Arby is packing his bags as he has no dead cap hit if cut after this year. 

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/2019...-gamersquo
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Clearly Abry hasn't looked up into the stands.

I don't question the players effort, just their ability and whether coaching is properly preparing the players. The guys are clearly on the field playing, though.

(12-09-2019, 06:15 PM)knarnn Wrote:
Quote: 
''If you feel like we're quitting, don't come to the game. That's all I got to say. Wait for next year,'' Jones said. ''There's no quit in us. Yeah, there's mistakes, but I mean, we're out there playing.''

And when Arby is packing his bags as he has no dead cap hit if cut after this year. 

Abry will be back next year. He's a solid player at an affordable price, and who are they going to replace him with? If they keep Dareus, then I could see him going with Bryan taking his spot, but not as it currently sits with Dareus likely gone.

(12-09-2019, 06:15 PM)knarnn Wrote:
Quote: 

I can't blame him for the comments.  Professional football players rarely "quit".  I do think that it's out of control and changes to coaching are forthcoming though.  For any "journalist" to say that the football team "quit" is just wrong.  The team didn't "quit" they are just bad.

On a side-note though, this "journalist" and his "editor" are a very good example of why the Florida Times Union is all but done.

From the article (more like an op-ed).
Quote:For the ones who stuck around, they saw a football that continued to be mistake prone and put forth little fight. Wide receivers cannot get open, The offensive line can’t spring holes to effectively establish the ground attack.

I mean come on man... at least get the grammar right.  The football continued to be mistake prone?  This reads much like what you see on poor blog site like BCC.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There is no difference between a blog and "newspapers". New crazy media stuff looking for clicks.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-09-2019, 06:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 06:15 PM)knarnn Wrote: Wow. I can’t wait until the stadium is empty in 3 weeks. 

I can't blame him for the comments.  Professional football players rarely "quit".  I do think that it's out of control and changes to coaching are forthcoming though.  For any "journalist" to say that the football team "quit" is just wrong.  The team didn't "quit" they are just bad.

On a side-note though, this "journalist" and his "editor" are a very good example of why the Florida Times Union is all but done.

From the article (more like an op-ed).
Quote:For the ones who stuck around, they saw a football that continued to be mistake prone and put forth little fight. Wide receivers cannot get open, The offensive line can’t spring holes to effectively establish the ground attack.

I mean come on man... at least get the grammar right.  The football continued to be mistake prone?  This reads much like what you see on poor blog site like BCC.

The concept of a team "quitting on their coach", imo, is more about the players losing confidence in the coach's schemes and taking things into their own hands, to the predictable disastrous results. It could also be a tired defense that maybe doesn't have the same reserves in their tank that a winning team would, or a running back who doesn't feel the need to get himself broken into 27 pieces by trying to milk every yard behind an offensive line that would be significantly better if they were replaced with a cow. Not saying Fournette has quit at all, just that at a high-risk position like that where he's probably only going to get one contract, there's no real reason for him to break himself for this team.

Unless they're Jalen Ramsey. Then they just don't bother trying.

Honestly I have to laugh at the idea of waiting to next year. I've been waiting for next year since 2000 (He was 9).
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I was there into the 4th quarter. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it so empty.

Not sure if the players quit.
Not sure if the staff is tanking.
The fans are done with this [BLEEP] though.

I will be there against the Colts. If we continue to get reamed the rest of the year I expect the stadium to be even worse.

From the looks of the place Sunday the fans definitely quit. Hell, they never started. Guaranteed lowest attendance in what I would say 15 years. I was one of the last ones out of the place. Had the D-line playing my requests!!! It was great, you know...minus the football stuff of course.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-09-2019, 07:03 PM)rufftime Wrote: I was there into the 4th quarter. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it so empty.

Not sure if the players quit.
Not sure if the staff is tanking.
The fans are done with this [BLEEP] though.

I will be there against the Colts. If we continue to get reamed the rest of the year I expect the stadium to be even worse.
I've left at halftime the last 2 games. This is the first time in 25 years I've ever left before the 4th quarter. I probably wouldn't have gone if the tickets had any value to sell or give away.

I'm seriously thinking about whether or not to renew.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 08:05 PM by Brett.)

Arby Jones needs to go eat a roast beef 'n cheddar sandwich with some curly fries. Then open his eyes to realize that from our vantage point it does look like guys are quitting.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 08:38 PM by homebiscuit.)

(12-09-2019, 06:31 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I don't question the players effort, just their ability and whether coaching is properly preparing the players. The guys are clearly on the field playing, though.

I put it squarely on coaching. We’re drawing from the same pool of eligible players as the other teams, yet we continuously look unprepared.

(12-09-2019, 08:03 PM)Brett Wrote: Arby Jones needs to go eat a roast beef 'n cheddar sandwich with some curly fries. Then open his eyes to realize that from our vantage point it does look like guys are quitting.

He has the meats.

That's his pride talking. I can respect that. I just wish the rest of the team had this approach. I am sure he's not alone. I am sure other guys are out there with him fighting.

But the collapse of this team was unfathomable. You went from 4 - 4 and playing relatively competitive in close games against tougher opponents.

Then all of a sudden you drop 5 in a row? Not a close 5 in a row neither. This has been the worst stretch of football ever put on display in 25 years in this city's history with this franchise.

With all due respect to him. He can go [BLEEP] himself. You're apart of a team that's set a new standard in all time low's during an era where the game has been watered down to favor both sides of the football.

You get paid a pretty penny to play like dog [BLEEP] on a weekly basis while some of us have to go to literally a dead end job everyday or work our [BLEEP] off to barely scrape by with a little bit of money on the side to spend on you sorry lot.

[BLEEP] you. Maybe we'll show up when YOU show up. Easy to sit there and say that [BLEEP] when your sorry [BLEEP] probably collects a $45,000 paycheck every week for virtually no results. But yeah. Let's be sympathetic to you "professional" athletes right?

[BLEEP] out of here.[Image: ae2a5c1e80281b11a6f9154e0e653a62.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 08:53 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I DON'T THINK WE'RE QUITTERS, I JUST THINK WE'RE DEPRIVED OF TALENT --- NOT SURE WHAT'S WORSE.

Abry, I don't think you're a quitter. I just think you're not very talented.

One party is paid to show up, the other party pays to show up. I think we need some couples therapy where we have role reversal. I’m willing to make this sacrifice for our relationship...

Just send me your game check Abry...

Aubry Jones is a scrub. Wouldn't make the roster on a contender. Goodbye after this season with your sorry run defense.

(12-09-2019, 10:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Abry, I don't think you're a quitter. I just think you're not very talented.

THIS!!!

Talentless coaches coaching a talentless roster = LAST.

(12-10-2019, 05:04 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 10:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Abry, I don't think you're a quitter. I just think you're not very talented.

THIS!!!

Talentless coaches coaching a talentless roster = LAST.

Yes, that.  Poor coaching and a lack of talent.