Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Breaking Up With the Team

I'm just hoping that Khan moves the team to London so I can be rid of this forever nightmare. Just take them and leave. It's what he wants to do anyway. It's over, gents.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-09-2019, 06:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: After 25 years of Jaguars fandom, living and dying on every play, I can feel myself pulling away.  Sunday's game against the Chargers was the first time since the inception of the team that I paid absolutely no attention to the game.  It's all so pointless.  

I'm thinking the problem with this team starts with the owner.  He doesn't know how to run a winning franchise. 

I'm also starting to consider what the effects would be on the city, and on myself, if and when the Jags move to another city.  The franchise is killing itself.  There will soon be no fan base, and no reason for them to be based in Jacksonville.  Of course, there will be no reason for them to be anywhere else either, because no one in their right mind would want this team, the way it is being run.  

They cannot continue to ask people to pay good money to buy tickets to this stuff.  Heck, they shouldn't even expect people to watch it on TV.  You cannot sell a bad product.  

But I swear, the fans will not be to blame for the death of this franchise in Jacksonville.  It will have killed itself.  I think it's already most of the way there.   The time is coming, real soon, when the entire fan base takes a walk, and the whole thing is dead in Jacksonville.
I mean this in all sincerity, have you tried fantasy football?

It's an absolute blast and great distraction for when the Jags are awful (which is almost every season). Some people on here are going to poo poo the idea of fantasy football but it's a great sports outlet.

(12-10-2019, 11:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 06:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: After 25 years of Jaguars fandom, living and dying on every play, I can feel myself pulling away.  Sunday's game against the Chargers was the first time since the inception of the team that I paid absolutely no attention to the game.  It's all so pointless.  

I'm thinking the problem with this team starts with the owner.  He doesn't know how to run a winning franchise. 

I'm also starting to consider what the effects would be on the city, and on myself, if and when the Jags move to another city.  The franchise is killing itself.  There will soon be no fan base, and no reason for them to be based in Jacksonville.  Of course, there will be no reason for them to be anywhere else either, because no one in their right mind would want this team, the way it is being run.  

They cannot continue to ask people to pay good money to buy tickets to this stuff.  Heck, they shouldn't even expect people to watch it on TV.  You cannot sell a bad product.  

But I swear, the fans will not be to blame for the death of this franchise in Jacksonville.  It will have killed itself.  I think it's already most of the way there.   The time is coming, real soon, when the entire fan base takes a walk, and the whole thing is dead in Jacksonville.

It's an absolute blast and great distraction for when the Jags are awful (which is almost every season). Some people on here are going to poo poo the idea of fantasy football but it's a great sports outlet.

Yeah I second this. I manage my own league and it's a lot of fun. Makes watching non-relevant games fun too if you have someone playing in the game. I've noticed though that I'm not as good at watching full games anymore (due to NFL Redzone and checking on my players)

(12-10-2019, 10:45 AM)Kane Wrote: If football so greatly affects your emotions to the point of being melodramatic... yeah you should probably break up with football.

Winning is cool
Losing sucks
And we've lost more than we've won.
But this is my team damn it.
They aren't moving to London. (Stop with the crazy talk you incessant ninnies)
Or LA
or San Antonio.

If you're a quitter..... Quit. If you're fair weather... so be it.
I can't tell anyone what to do with their money. And if I were a local, I wouldn't be buying season tickets with the trash this current regime has put together. But I'll still watch, when they're watchable and when they aren't I find other things to do with my Sundays. And otherwise, I remove my emotions from it. Because real life is bigger than anything the NFL can offer you.
So... I encourage you to try to enjoy the NFL. And if you can't. If you hate life on Mondays and feel like crying. If you just don't want to try anymore. Don't.

Nothing should affect you so strongly when you have little to no control over any of it.
If you can't take losing... maybe hop on another teams bandwagon. Maybe just watch all the teams to enjoy the sport.

Maybe just give it all up and go hiking instead, I dunno.

I read that as “ you’re a crybaby and a quitter if you complain or do something else with your time.. “

I don’t really get that judgement. The Jags suck right now and I think most fans are complaining. Not doing something you no longer enjoy isn’t quitting, it’s being smart with your time.

Fantasy football is cool but since sports betting has become legalized I've really gotten into it a lot.
Betting the spread on the Jaguars is easy money lately.
Chargers by 3? I'll take that all day.

Next week Raiders favored by 6. I'll take the Raiders giving up 6 against this rag tag defense for sure.
TB is only 3.5 favored over Detroit who is trotting out god knows who at QB, gimme that all day.
Pit is FAVORED vs Buffalo by 2... WHAT? Gimme the Bills straight up for big money.

Football is more fun when you actually get something out of it.

(12-10-2019, 11:03 AM)rocdee Wrote: I'm just hoping that Khan moves the team to London so I can be rid of this forever nightmare. Just take them and leave. It's what he wants to do anyway. It's over, gents.

You'd really rather no team in Jax over a bad team in Jax? A bad team has a chance to get better. No team is a bit harder to come back from.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

One could argue that getting beat by a kicker who scores 15 points may be just as frustrating and detrimental to your mental health as watching the Jaguars.

(12-10-2019, 11:12 AM)Corriewf Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 10:45 AM)Kane Wrote: If football so greatly affects your emotions to the point of being melodramatic... yeah you should probably break up with football.

Winning is cool
Losing sucks
And we've lost more than we've won.
But this is my team damn it.
They aren't moving to London. (Stop with the crazy talk you incessant ninnies)
Or LA
or San Antonio.

If you're a quitter..... Quit. If you're fair weather... so be it.
I can't tell anyone what to do with their money. And if I were a local, I wouldn't be buying season tickets with the trash this current regime has put together. But I'll still watch, when they're watchable and when they aren't I find other things to do with my Sundays. And otherwise, I remove my emotions from it. Because real life is bigger than anything the NFL can offer you.
So... I encourage you to try to enjoy the NFL. And if you can't. If you hate life on Mondays and feel like crying. If you just don't want to try anymore. Don't.

Nothing should affect you so strongly when you have little to no control over any of it.
If you can't take losing... maybe hop on another teams bandwagon. Maybe just watch all the teams to enjoy the sport.

Maybe just give it all up and go hiking instead, I dunno.

I read that as “ you’re a crybaby and a quitter if you complain or do something else with your time.. “

I don’t really get that judgement. The Jags suck right now and I think most fans are complaining. Not doing something you no longer enjoy isn’t quitting, it’s being smart with your time.

Nah... It's a judgement of "if you're talking about qutting on this team because they suck, just do it"
Quit being so melodramatic over football.
When we lose, I'm mad. Until we're to the point where the losing no longer matters. But come Tuesday... I'm on to life. People hang on to the negative emotions way too much over football.
It's football for pete's sake. A game... a game in which we're not any more a part of it other than a dollar sign in a seat or watching TV.

We don't need a lengthy post about how you're quitting on the team.... just quit. It's really a weird cry for attention and for others to come and cry with you to make you feel validated.
Well.. everyone is pissed about a losing season, you get that validation daily on here.
We don't need the cry baby posts about how you can't go on anymore. It's pathetic really.

I've been a fan since day one. I get optimistic. I get mad, I get over it. Rinse, repeat.
If you can't take it anymore. Don't. That's all I'm saying.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 11:59 AM by Jagwired.)

(12-10-2019, 11:51 AM)Kane Wrote: Nah... It's a judgement of "if you're talking about qutting on this team because they suck, just do it"
When we lose, I'm mad. Until we're to the point where the losing no longer matters. But come Tuesday... I'm on to life. People hang on to the negative emotions way too much over football.
It's football for pete's sake. A game... a game in which we're not any more a part of it other than a dollar sign in a seat or watching TV.

We don't need a lengthy post about how you're quitting on the team.... just quit. It's really a weird cry for attention and for others to come and cry with you to make you feel validated.
Well.. everyone is pissed about a losing season, you get that validation daily on here.
We don't need the cry baby posts about how you can't go on anymore. It's pathetic really.

I've been a fan since day one. I get optimistic. I get mad, I get over it. Rinse, repeat.
Slowly stands,  commences slow clap.

Somebody run it by mikeysez to see if we can get the like +1 button back.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-10-2019, 11:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 11:03 AM)rocdee Wrote: I'm just hoping that Khan moves the team to London so I can be rid of this forever nightmare. Just take them and leave. It's what he wants to do anyway. It's over, gents.

You'd really rather no team in Jax over a bad team in Jax? A bad team has a chance to get better. No team is a bit harder to come back from.

...theoretically speaking.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I stopped watching the NFL on March 29, 1984. The day the Colts sneaked out of Baltimore. I began watching the NFL again when Jacksonville surprisingly and unexpectedly were awarded the Jaguars. I jumped in with both feet.

Loved 1996 and the great teams afterwards, still smarting about 1999.

IMHO, this team has consistently lacked innovation. They have always been predictable. When was the last time this team won a game it was an underdog (2017 excluded)? Name a player this team has developed? Name a FA that really produced? When has this coaching staff out-schemed anybody? It's not hard to create mismatches by formations!

Please, no more LF left, LF right, then a 5 yard out route on 3rd and 10!

I watched 10 plays this passed SUN, 10! Torched by a 38 year old QB. WRs running wide open. I've watched my last Jags game this year. I'm so disappointed. My only expectation of this team was to be competitive. Five straight losses by 17 or more isn't competitive.

This team needs a complete overhaul. TC has to go yesterday. As does the entire FO. Shad, as a successful billionaire, needs to clean house. Clean slate.

I am going to watch the Ravens the rest of this year.

Just put a decent product on the field!

(12-10-2019, 11:51 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 11:12 AM)Corriewf Wrote: I read that as “ you’re a crybaby and a quitter if you complain or do something else with your time.. “

Nah... It's a judgement of "if you're talking about qutting on this team because they suck, just do it"

Isn’t sharing your thoughts and opinions basically the whole point of the forum though? I get your opinion on melodrama, but I enjoy it personally. I enjoy reading all of the hot takes and emotional spectrums I come across here. Much like the rest of life, this whole fan experience is a roller coaster of emotions and I see it all the time all over the board. Pretty much all of our posts are meant for some form of validation or another. I dunno.. that’s my take. 

I look forward to the next round of the roller coaster where we hire a new coaching staff and everyone debates our rise or fall..then the draft hot takes...then camp hot takes...then preseason...until we are back here again..[BLEEP] about our record. Until the next episode of The Bold and the Beautiful.

(12-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 11:51 AM)Kane Wrote: Nah... It's a judgement of "if you're talking about qutting on this team because they suck, just do it"

Isn’t sharing your thoughts and opinions basically the whole point of the forum though? I get your opinion on melodrama, but I enjoy it personally. I enjoy reading all of the hot takes and emotional spectrums I come across here. Much like the rest of life, this whole fan experience is a roller coaster of emotions and I see it all the time all over the board. Pretty much all of our posts are meant for some form of validation or another. I dunno.. that’s my take. 

I look forward to the next round of the roller coaster where we hire a new coaching staff and everyone debates our rise or fall..then the draft hot takes...then camp hot takes...then preseason...until we are back here again..[BLEEP] about our record. Until the next episode of The Bold and the Beautiful.

I get the sharing your thoughts and voicing your frustrations.
But when it turns into whiney drivel I get peeved is all.

Like when people would post on Facebook "I'm leaving Facebook"
and a week later they were still there...
Like when a certain poster said he was boycotting....
It's basically trolling imo. We're all mad about a terrible season that was supposed to be good. And I don't think anyone is happy that we get 1 good season a decade.
But a long "I can't take the abuse" type post is a bit much. And detracts from real discussion about the team, the roster, the direction of our future and sinks the conversation in "woe is me" stuff.
We gotta get over our obsession with needing emotional fulfillment from millionaires and billionaires playing a child's game. Watch for the entertainment. Don't let it seep into your mind so much that you become a lunatic.

I mean... I was sad when Tony Stark died... but I didn't bury my head in a pillow and cry for a week....

(12-10-2019, 12:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Isn’t sharing your thoughts and opinions basically the whole point of the forum though? I get your opinion on melodrama, but I enjoy it personally. I enjoy reading all of the hot takes and emotional spectrums I come across here. Much like the rest of life, this whole fan experience is a roller coaster of emotions and I see it all the time all over the board. Pretty much all of our posts are meant for some form of validation or another. I dunno.. that’s my take. 

It's basically trolling imo. We're all mad about a terrible season that was supposed to be good. And I don't think anyone is happy that we get 1 good season a decade.
But a long "I can't take the abuse" type post is a bit much. And detracts from real discussion about the team, the roster, the direction of our future and sinks the conversation in "woe is me" stuff.
We gotta get over our obsession with needing emotional fulfillment from millionaires and billionaires playing a child's game. Watch for the entertainment. Don't let it seep into your mind so much that you become a lunatic.

I mean... I was sad when Tony Stark died... but I didn't bury my head in a pillow and cry for a week....
RONSTER!

FOLES IS THE SAVIOR!

(12-10-2019, 02:05 AM)enigma Wrote: Its not just the Jaguars on-field ineptitude that gets me... Its the entire sport, or at least the NFL, which has lost my interest immensely.

Games are more noticeably intervened by ref's decisions frequently, the game just gets dragged out, and more.

Honestly, college football is infinitely better than this crap that our team shows on the field and that the NFL offers up - and I say this as someone who favored the NFL over NCAA. The energy surrounding NCAAFB is just way different - and it has always been like that.

Totally Agree

(12-10-2019, 11:58 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 11:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote: You'd really rather no team in Jax over a bad team in Jax? A bad team has a chance to get better. No team is a bit harder to come back from.

...theoretically speaking.

Well, I'm saying there's a chance.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-10-2019, 12:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Isn’t sharing your thoughts and opinions basically the whole point of the forum though? I get your opinion on melodrama, but I enjoy it personally. I enjoy reading all of the hot takes and emotional spectrums I come across here. Much like the rest of life, this whole fan experience is a roller coaster of emotions and I see it all the time all over the board. Pretty much all of our posts are meant for some form of validation or another. I dunno.. that’s my take. 

In fairness, it’s not like OP is a fly by nighter. Guy has almost 8k posts. I wouldn’t be so quick to write that off as a troll post. 

Tony Stark died? Jesus, the Jaguars even managed to kill off Ironman?

I barely watched the game and didnt go. I pay for season tickets to support my team but if its bad its bad. I still enjoyed my bday even with a Jags loss. Fans that love and support their team because they love the game itself, wont go anywhere. Others that choose to go due to the lows, be safe and enjoy.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I'd take an even up trade for Shad to move his soccer team Fulham FC to Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 01:16 PM by Newton.)

Once we get a new coach and GM, I bet most fans’ interest returns.

Without a doubt, this rebuilding for the last decade cannot be repeated through. We have to retool the roster quickly.