Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Breaking Up With the Team

(12-10-2019, 12:54 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 12:39 PM)Kane Wrote: I get the sharing your thoughts and voicing your frustrations.
But when it turns into whiney drivel I get peeved is all.

Like when people would post on Facebook "I'm leaving Facebook"
and a week later they were still there...
Like when a certain poster said he was boycotting....
It's basically trolling imo. We're all mad about a terrible season that was supposed to be good. And I don't think anyone is happy that we get 1 good season a decade.
But a long "I can't take the abuse" type post is a bit much. And detracts from real discussion about the team, the roster, the direction of our future and sinks the conversation in "woe is me" stuff.
We gotta get over our obsession with needing emotional fulfillment from millionaires and billionaires playing a child's game. Watch for the entertainment. Don't let it seep into your mind so much that you become a lunatic.

I mean... I was sad when Tony Stark died... but I didn't bury my head in a pillow and cry for a week....

In fairness, it’s not like OP is a fly by nighter. Guy has almost 8k posts. I wouldn’t be so quick to write that off as a troll post. 

Tony Stark died? Jesus, the Jaguars even managed to kill off Ironman?

We're that good  bad.

Also... sorry for the spoilers if anyone didn't know already.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't understand people giving up.

I mean, all we need is
LT
LG
RG
WR
TE
LB
LB
DT
NT
FS
CB
HC
DC
OC
GM

ah, hell, nevermind - I'll meet you at the modis

The bright side of all this is that at this point none of us really are upset by a loss. I think I get upset by losses until we’re out of playoff contention. So I get to go most the season not getting angry about a loss.

I'll break up with the team if it's for her. [Image: 6eaa601507d29443229afbf8eb6ba4ef.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I may have to go to the last game. I’ll feel like Im baker Mayfield in that commercial since I’ll be the only one there.

(12-10-2019, 01:32 PM)Jags Wrote: The bright side of all this is that at this point none of us really are upset by a loss.  I think I get upset by losses until we’re out of playoff contention.  So I get to go most the season not getting angry about a loss.

If you set your expectations correctly, you will never get too upset. 

I knew coming into this season we most likely needed staff changes...at the very least DC. Last season was way more disappointing then this season. 

I wasn’t looking for playoffs this season. I was hoping for some interesting play from our rookies and a changing of the guard. I am getting that and better with 2 first round picks the next two years. I’m actually on the uptick with optimism. We MAY have a franchise QB in Minshew and if not we have the picks to make it happen. 

At the end of the day it’s just football. Gotta have other things in your life to bring you happiness..

(12-10-2019, 12:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Isn’t sharing your thoughts and opinions basically the whole point of the forum though? I get your opinion on melodrama, but I enjoy it personally. I enjoy reading all of the hot takes and emotional spectrums I come across here. Much like the rest of life, this whole fan experience is a roller coaster of emotions and I see it all the time all over the board. Pretty much all of our posts are meant for some form of validation or another. I dunno.. that’s my take. 

I look forward to the next round of the roller coaster where we hire a new coaching staff and everyone debates our rise or fall..then the draft hot takes...then camp hot takes...then preseason...until we are back here again..[BLEEP] about our record. Until the next episode of The Bold and the Beautiful.

I get the sharing your thoughts and voicing your frustrations.

It's basically trolling imo. We're all mad about a terrible season that was supposed to be good. And I don't think anyone is happy that we get 1 good season a decade.
But a long "I can't take the abuse" type post is a bit much. And detracts from real discussion about the team, the roster, the direction of our future and sinks the conversation in "woe is me" stuff.
We gotta get over our obsession with needing emotional fulfillment from millionaires and billionaires playing a child's game. Watch for the entertainment. Don't let it seep into your mind so much that you become a lunatic.

I mean... I was sad when Tony Stark died... but I didn't bury my head in a pillow and cry for a week....

And had you been spending $1000+ per season for 25 years?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I am out of town season ticket holder for the last 17 years and I honestly don't know whether I will renew next season. I have a 3 1/2 hour drive one way just to get to the stadium, so financially it's a much bigger decision than if I were to live in Jacksonville. This season has been different and it's really zapped my willingness to support the Jags with my money. I won't ever stop being a fan, but at some point enough is enough.

Until Khan somehow figures how to hire the right people, the results aren't going to change. This team continues to be a dumpster fire and I don't blame anyone for jumping ship.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

(12-10-2019, 02:06 PM)SCJagFan Wrote: I am out of town season ticket holder for the last 17 years and I honestly don't know whether I will renew next season. I have a 3 1/2 hour drive one way just to get to the stadium, so financially it's a much bigger decision than if I were to live in Jacksonville. This season has been different and it's really zapped my willingness to support the Jags with my money. I won't ever stop being a fan, but at some point enough is enough.

Until Khan somehow figures how to hire the right people, the results aren't going to change. This team continues to be a dumpster fire and I don't blame anyone for jumping ship.
Dude. . . Props to you. Seriously. We're not worthy!
[Image: fb5014b8b1a256818dc09130018db547.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-10-2019, 01:45 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 12:39 PM)Kane Wrote: I get the sharing your thoughts and voicing your frustrations.

And had you been spending $1000+ per season for 25 years?

There are WAY worse ways to blow 25 grand...trust me...25 years of entertainment? Even if you get loosey goosey with the word entertainment, 25 years of going to something somewhat fun?! 

Some of you folks don’t remember what it was like living in a city with no pro team. [BLEEP] or not, it’s nice to have the option to go. 

I in no way advocate spending money in something of no value to you. I’m just saying there are way worse ways to spend money.

(12-10-2019, 03:04 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 01:45 PM)Rico Wrote: And had you been spending $1000+ per season for 25 years?

There are WAY worse ways to blow 25 grand...trust me...25 years of entertainment? Even if you get loosey goosey with the word entertainment, 25 years of going to something somewhat fun?! 

Some of you folks don’t remember what it was like living in a city with no pro team. [BLEEP] or not, it’s nice to have the option to go. 

I in no way advocate spending money in something of no value to you. I’m just saying there are way worse ways to spend money.

Let me know a worse way.  I'm open to suggestion.

(12-09-2019, 06:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: After 25 years of Jaguars fandom, living and dying on every play, I can feel myself pulling away.  Sunday's game against the Chargers was the first time since the inception of the team that I paid absolutely no attention to the game.  It's all so pointless.  

I'm thinking the problem with this team starts with the owner.  He doesn't know how to run a winning franchise. 

I'm also starting to consider what the effects would be on the city, and on myself, if and when the Jags move to another city.  The franchise is killing itself.  There will soon be no fan base, and no reason for them to be based in Jacksonville.  Of course, there will be no reason for them to be anywhere else either, because no one in their right mind would want this team, the way it is being run.  

They cannot continue to ask people to pay good money to buy tickets to this stuff.  Heck, they shouldn't even expect people to watch it on TV.  You cannot sell a bad product.  

But I swear, the fans will not be to blame for the death of this franchise in Jacksonville.  It will have killed itself.  I think it's already most of the way there.   The time is coming, real soon, when the entire fan base takes a walk, and the whole thing is dead in Jacksonville.
For those that are [BLEEP] about walking away from the Jaguars, let me give you some advice. Get to Stepping. Don't wait any longer, it you truly feels this way then go and find yourself another team, another message board, etc. Stop posting on this site if you feel the need to not support our team.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-10-2019, 01:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't understand people giving up.

I mean, all we need is
LT
LG
RG
WR
TE
LB
LB
DT
NT
FS
CB
HC
DC
OC
GM

ah, hell, nevermind  -  I'll meet you at the modis
lol
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(12-10-2019, 03:16 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 06:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: After 25 years of Jaguars fandom, living and dying on every play, I can feel myself pulling away.  Sunday's game against the Chargers was the first time since the inception of the team that I paid absolutely no attention to the game.  It's all so pointless.  

I'm thinking the problem with this team starts with the owner.  He doesn't know how to run a winning franchise. 

I'm also starting to consider what the effects would be on the city, and on myself, if and when the Jags move to another city.  The franchise is killing itself.  There will soon be no fan base, and no reason for them to be based in Jacksonville.  Of course, there will be no reason for them to be anywhere else either, because no one in their right mind would want this team, the way it is being run.  

They cannot continue to ask people to pay good money to buy tickets to this stuff.  Heck, they shouldn't even expect people to watch it on TV.  You cannot sell a bad product.  

But I swear, the fans will not be to blame for the death of this franchise in Jacksonville.  It will have killed itself.  I think it's already most of the way there.   The time is coming, real soon, when the entire fan base takes a walk, and the whole thing is dead in Jacksonville.
For those that are [BLEEP] about walking away from the Jaguars, let me give you some advice. Get to Stepping. Don't wait any longer, it you truly feels this way then go and find yourself another team, another message board, etc. Stop posting on this site if you feel the need to not support our team.

NH3...

Yeah, nothing but sunshine and roses on this site dammit.

Everyone fans differently. Having doubts about whether its actually worth the doesn't make you less of a fan, nor does being devoted for life

(12-10-2019, 03:10 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 03:04 PM)Corriewf Wrote: There are WAY worse ways to blow 25 grand...trust me...25 years of entertainment? Even if you get loosey goosey with the word entertainment, 25 years of going to something somewhat fun?! 

Don’t ever get into Penny stocks... my best advice I can give.

(12-10-2019, 03:10 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 03:04 PM)Corriewf Wrote: There are WAY worse ways to blow 25 grand...trust me...25 years of entertainment? Even if you get loosey goosey with the word entertainment, 25 years of going to something somewhat fun?! 

Golf, or God forbid....bowling Sick Ninja Big Grin
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-10-2019, 03:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: Everyone fans differently. Having doubts about whether its actually worth the doesn't make you less of a fan, nor does being devoted for life

I like these fans. 

[Image: ReliableCooperativeArgentineruddyduck-si...ricted.gif]

(12-10-2019, 03:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 03:10 PM)Rico Wrote: Let me know a worse way.  I'm open to suggestion.

Golf, or God forbid....bowling Sick Ninja Big Grin

Waaaay cheaper and at least I have fun doing it.

(12-10-2019, 03:16 PM)NH3 Wrote:

NH3...

Yeah get out of here you 25 year fair weather loser! Guy has been posing for 25 years NH3. You get em! Probably been secretly going to the bathroom at games and cheering for the titans.... 

At this point NH3- OP has valid points and the Jaguars owner needs to layout a clear concise plan in the very short term for turning this org around.