Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
XFL XFL

lets go XFL XFL XFL I can't wait. its suppose to be less pentlys,and more football. 

battlehawks.  that name just really stands out for a team mascot to me.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can wait.

I'd rather watch paint dry.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-10-2019, 02:28 PM)Rico Wrote: I'd rather watch paint dry.

thats what we are doing when we watch jags play every sunday!!!!! we are watching paint dry.

(12-10-2019, 02:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 02:28 PM)Rico Wrote: I'd rather watch paint dry.

thats what we are doing when we watch jags play every sunday!!!!! we are watching paint dry.

Maybe that's what you're doing.  I'm getting [BLEEP] faced and staggering around aimlessly, then making a scene in my seats.  I find it more rewarding.

(12-10-2019, 02:48 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 02:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thats what we are doing when we watch jags play every sunday!!!!! we are watching paint dry.

Maybe that's what you're doing.  I'm getting [BLEEP] faced and staggering around aimlessly, then making a scene in my seats.  I find it more rewarding.

I think you missed the point there. watching the jags play football is just as boreing as watching paint dry due to doug destroying the team. Dad,and i still go to sports bar,and watch whole game on sundays.

(12-10-2019, 02:54 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 02:48 PM)Rico Wrote: Maybe that's what you're doing.  I'm getting [BLEEP] faced and staggering around aimlessly, then making a scene in my seats.  I find it more rewarding.

I think you missed the point there. watching the jags play football is just as boreing as watching paint dry due to doug destroying the team. Dad,and i still go to sports bar,and watch whole game on sundays.

That's your mistake.  I can't help you.

I'm excited to watch it. Since when is more football a bad thing? It's not like you have to make a choice between the two leagues. People just naturally hate Vince, lol.

(12-11-2019, 09:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm excited to watch it. Since when is more football a bad thing? It's not like you have to make a choice between the two leagues. People just naturally hate Vince, lol.

If they can manage to keep payroll going and acquire players with talent, it could be good.

If it's like the AAF and you end up with practice squad washouts trying to replicate the NFL game, it will fade in a hurry. They have to find ways to be different.

I have no idea on how they are set up, but I'd be interested to see who, if anyone, from the NFL migrates if the XFL allows players to puff the herb, for example. Set some kind of rule that you have separate sets of rosters for each half, or set a maximum snap count for players to ensure that all players see the field. Give bonus points if a player does something other than their normal position details (like QB or OL catching a TD, WR tossing a score). Award points for defense (fumbles forced, INTs, sacks, stops on 4th down, etc).

Those kinds of tweaks are needed so that people don't see the league as a watered down version of the shield.

I'll watch, if it's readily available, because I'm interested to see if they find a way to keep eyes watching.

(12-11-2019, 09:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm excited to watch it. Since when is more football a bad thing? It's not like you have to make a choice between the two leagues. People just naturally hate Vince, lol.

We can barely get 32 watchable teams in the NFL.
When is more football a bad thing? When it's a watered down product that is inferior to the other football.

I'll grant you that it will be played when the NFL season is over... but by then, I usually need a break from football anyway.
And am in full hockey season swing to boot.

PS I don't hate Vince. Used to be a big time WWF/WWE fan. I don't watch anymore, cuz I grew up, but it was entertaining for awhile. What he's built from where it was is amazing to me. But I think he could be getting a little greedy trying to tap into a market that just isn't there.
How successful was the USFL, AAF, Arena football, etc?
Mildly at best.

my WILDCATS

the xfl has a thing you can be a part of the game with as a fan,and idea person. supossdley they will listen to fans ideas,and make them part of the game. thats not nfl at all. 

if they have a different team win it each year that would be cool. it gets old always watching 1 team win super bowl year after year. it also gets tireing of haveing to listen to a friend all the time.

I have a friend who tells me on phone every year its fixed for the patriots. i'm really tired of hearing that.

The NFL will steal any good ideas the XFL has and pass them off as their own again.

(12-10-2019, 02:48 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 02:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thats what we are doing when we watch jags play every sunday!!!!! we are watching paint dry.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(12-12-2019, 01:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 02:48 PM)Rico Wrote: Maybe that's what you're doing.  I'm getting [BLEEP] faced and staggering around aimlessly, then making a scene in my seats.  I find it more rewarding.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Man that's a nice jersey

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2019, 08:33 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-16-2019, 05:09 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 01:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Man that's a nice jersey

To be perfectly clear, that is not me...and my seats are in the upper level.

I was way worse than that anyway.  The [BLEEP] games took their toll on me.

Thank goodness the guy I went to the game with hadn't been drinking.  He's now the first person other than me to drive my (somewhat) new truck.

There better be some body slams and leg drops or I'll be disappointed

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-17-2019, 11:28 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: There better be some body slams and leg drops or I'll be disappointed

I can tell you two things there aren't:

1. an XFLPA
2. Whiny athletes

by the time the XFL season ends the nfl will be getting ready to start back.

(12-11-2019, 11:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:

If they can manage to keep payroll going and acquire players with talent, it could be good.

If it's like the AAF and you end up with practice squad washouts trying to replicate the NFL game, it will fade in a hurry. They have to find ways to be different.

I have no idea on how they are set up, but I'd be interested to see who, if anyone, from the NFL migrates if the XFL allows players to puff the herb, for example. Set some kind of rule that you have separate sets of rosters for each half, or set a maximum snap count for players to ensure that all players see the field. Give bonus points if a player does something other than their normal position details (like QB or OL catching a TD, WR tossing a score). Award points for defense (fumbles forced, INTs, sacks, stops on 4th down, etc).

Those kinds of tweaks are needed so that people don't see the league as a watered down version of the shield.

I'll watch, if it's readily available, because I'm interested to see if they find a way to keep eyes watching.

+1.

Also, they should do the 4th and 15 thing instead of kickoffs.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.