Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags at rock bottom of new Power Rankings

(12-10-2019, 08:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 01:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: Seems not so long ago we were going to be  SB contender with Foles

Funny how it only took all of 2 weeks for him to jump off the Foles bandwagon after hyping him up all off season lol.
Hate to break the news to you but the issue with this team is much deeper than the QB position. The QB position is one of the least of my worries right now

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2019, 08:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 08:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Funny how it only took all of 2 weeks for him to jump off the Foles bandwagon after hyping him up all off season lol.
Hate to break the news to you but the issue with this team is much deeper than the QB position. The QB position is one of the least of my worries right now

That was 100% part of the Foles discussion before he signed though. That we didn't have the offensive line, skill positions or coaching to make it possible to get the version of Foles the Eagles had for a while.  It was pretty obvious

(12-11-2019, 09:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 08:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hate to break the news to you but the issue with this team is much deeper than the QB position. The QB position is one of the least of my worries right now

That was 100% part of the Foles discussion before he signed though. That we didn't have the offensive line, skill positions or coaching to make it possible to get the version of Foles the Eagles had for a while.  It was pretty obvious

I dont care if we have Lamar Jackson.  He wouldnt be having success with this coaching staff, oline, and TE group either.  Right now it doesnt really matter who you have back there.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 09:15 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-11-2019, 09:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 08:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hate to break the news to you but the issue with this team is much deeper than the QB position. The QB position is one of the least of my worries right now

QB may not be the only thing, but it is certainly a gigantic part of the puzzle.  We haven't had a franchise QB in forever and a great QB cures a lot of ills.

(12-11-2019, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:09 AM)JackCity Wrote: That was 100% part of the Foles discussion before he signed though. That we didn't have the offensive line, skill positions or coaching to make it possible to get the version of Foles the Eagles had for a while.  It was pretty obvious

I dont care if we have Lamar Jackson.  He wouldnt be having success with this coaching staff, oline, and TE group either.  Right now it doesnt really matter who you have back there.

It cracks me up when people say this.  They did it with Bortles at QB....[BLEEP] Bortles.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Foles bought everyone another year. Screwed the franchise but hey at least they kept all their jobs and were able to sell that it was all offensive line injuries.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-11-2019, 09:17 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Foles bought everyone another year.  Screwed the franchise but hey at least they kept all their jobs and were able to sell that it was all offensive line injuries.

Another year after this?  Never happen.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 09:20 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-11-2019, 09:13 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:09 AM)JackCity Wrote: That was 100% part of the Foles discussion before he signed though. That we didn't have the offensive line, skill positions or coaching to make it possible to get the version of Foles the Eagles had for a while.  It was pretty obvious

QB may not be the only thing, but it is certainly a gigantic part of the puzzle.  We haven't had a franchise QB in forever and a great QB cures a lot of ills.

(12-11-2019, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont care if we have Lamar Jackson.  He wouldnt be having success with this coaching staff, oline, and TE group either.  Right now it doesnt really matter who you have back there.

It cracks me up when people say this.  They did it with Bortles at QB....[BLEEP] Bortles.

That was 2 years ago with a different OC, better oline, Mercedes Lewis at TE, and Dede, Cole and Mickens all playing at a higher level, and the best D in the league

(12-11-2019, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Thats why I told you Foles coming here is pointless, especially on a big deal, you just didn't listen because you were busy hyping him up.  

And I'd be extremely confident in Lamar outplaying either QB we had this year. We still wouldn't be good due to the other issues but at least we'd have a franchise QB

(12-11-2019, 09:18 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:17 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Foles bought everyone another year.  Screwed the franchise but hey at least they kept all their jobs and were able to sell that it was all offensive line injuries.

Another year after this?  Never happen.

Ha I was talking about 2018 to 2019 where they pinned it all on Bortles.  No way on another year.  They have wasted so much money and fan good will with these stupid half measures.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-11-2019, 09:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:13 AM)Rico Wrote: QB may not be the only thing, but it is certainly a gigantic part of the puzzle.  We haven't had a franchise QB in forever and a great QB cures a lot of ills.

That was 2 years ago with a different OC, better oline, Mercedes Lewis at TE, and Dede, Cole and Mickens all playing at a higher level, and the best D in the league

What does D have to do with what they would do with Jackson?

And your memory of the WR group is flawed.  Westbrook barely played.  Mickens had six catches.  I'll give you Cole....but Marcedes Lewis...really?

(12-11-2019, 09:21 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont care if we have Lamar Jackson.  He wouldnt be having success with this coaching staff, oline, and TE group either.  Right now it doesnt really matter who you have back there.

Thats why I told you Foles coming here is pointless, especially on a big deal, you just didn't listen because you were busy hyping him up.  

And I'd be extremely confident in Lamar outplaying either QB we had this year. We still wouldn't be good due to the other issues but at least we'd have a franchise QB
If Lamar was on our team I'm going say he would be on IR.  We need more talent for 1, for 2 I think it's clear that Doug Pederson was making coach DeFilip look better than he is in Philly's SB run.  Why he got fired after 1 year in Min. and they are looking much better

(12-11-2019, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:21 AM)JackCity Wrote: Thats why I told you Foles coming here is pointless, especially on a big deal, you just didn't listen because you were busy hyping him up.  

If Lamar was on our team I'm going say he would be on IR.  We need more talent for 1, for 2 I think it's clear that Doug Pederson was making coach DeFilip look better than he is in Philly's SB run.  Why he got fired after 1 year in Min. and they are looking much better

More so it looks like Reich was the offensive mastermind there, not Flip or Doug. Pederson is a significantly better coach than Marrone too.  All of this was brought up before the Foles signing too

(12-11-2019, 09:28 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That was 2 years ago with a different OC, better oline, Mercedes Lewis at TE, and Dede, Cole and Mickens all playing at a higher level, and the best D in the league

What does D have to do with what they would do with Jackson?

And your memory of the WR group is flawed.  Westbrook barely played.  Mickens had six catches.  I'll give you Cole....but Marcedes Lewis...really?

I was referring to Bortles about our D in 17 and Dede played good on the way to making our playoff run that year.  Mickens had 2 TDs in 1 game and Lewis had 3 in 1 game and was still a great blocker that year

(12-11-2019, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:21 AM)JackCity Wrote: Thats why I told you Foles coming here is pointless, especially on a big deal, you just didn't listen because you were busy hyping him up.  

It was Frank Reich. Not Pederson.

And did you really bring up Mickens?! Playing at a high level?! What's he up to these days? 

Blaming Foles issues on everyone but Foles.... Classic. You ride emotions more than anyone on this board. 

"Foles is going to lead this team to the playoffs"
"Minshew is the future. Just look at all those rookie of the week awards!"

Of course there are issues all over this team but QB is (IMO) at the top of this list. I think Minshew is great but I don't think he's the long term answer and I don't want to pass up on a QB this season because Minshew *might* be good.

(12-11-2019, 09:36 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Lamar was on our team I'm going say he would be on IR.  We need more talent for 1, for 2 I think it's clear that Doug Pederson was making coach DeFilip look better than he is in Philly's SB run.  Why he got fired after 1 year in Min. and they are looking much better

More so it looks like Reich was the offensive mastermind there, not Flip or Doug. Pederson is a significantly better coach than Marrone too.  All of this was brought up before the Foles signing too
 It was brought up but most wanted to give DeFilip the benefit of the doubt

(12-11-2019, 09:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:28 AM)Rico Wrote: What does D have to do with what they would do with Jackson?

I was referring to Bortles about our D in 17 and Dede played good on the way to making our playoff run that year.  Mickens had 2 TDs in 1 game and Lewis had 3 in 1 game and was still a great blocker that year

LOL

(12-11-2019, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: More so it looks like Reich was the offensive mastermind there, not Flip or Doug. Pederson is a significantly better coach than Marrone too.  All of this was brought up before the Foles signing too
 It was brought up but most wanted to give DeFilip the benefit of the doubt

It was brought up Marrone was significantly worse than Pederson  + we had a way worse oline coach. Both were given as part of the problem with expecting Foles to play well here along with all the other numerous issues including Foles own flaws and inconsistency. 

Anyway, onto next year!

(12-11-2019, 09:49 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  It was brought up but most wanted to give DeFilip the benefit of the doubt

It was brought up Marrone was significantly worse than Pederson  + we had a way worse oline coach. Both were given as part of the problem with expecting Foles to play well here along with all the other numerous issues including Foles own flaws and inconsistency. 

Anyway, onto next year!
Well he's shifted from "Foles is so great" to "Minshew is the future!"

(12-11-2019, 09:49 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  It was brought up but most wanted to give DeFilip the benefit of the doubt

Anyway, onto next year!

Yep, the most impressive thing right now is bringing in the right GM that will pick the right coach and one that can being in talent from the draft and everything else will take care of itself

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 10:07 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Agree.  We'd attempt to put him in a full time Pro Style offense and then complain about what a bust he is.   In the meantime, the Ravens would have drafted Taven Bryan who, after putting on 10 pounds and being taught proper techniques, would now be a Pro Bowl DT.   That's a stretch of course, but that's kind of how things work here with the Jags