Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How much would you clean house?
Keep Coughlin, fire Caldwell and entire coaching staff, retool roster
Keep front office, fire coaching staff, retool roster
Blow it up. New FO, new staff and major roster cuts.
New FO, new staff and retool roster
New FO, new staff and retool roster INCLUDING drafting QB
blank #2
[Show Results]

Rebuild Vs Retool

(12-12-2019, 03:33 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 03:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The [BLEEP] does that even mean???

I think Coughlin and Caldwell are not only bad at their jobs, but also dishonest brokers who have put themselves ahead of what is best for the franchise, thrown players and coaches under the bus, and then threw Marrone to the media wolves when the heat was on the most while they hid in the corner.

Exactly my thoughts. Like I said in another thread I thought after he got us to 4-4 with that circus, he could be coach of the year. Since then...the wheels have fallen the [BLEEP] off. 

We can shoot the FO to the sun (DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH THIS AT WORK, I was looking for a gif...)
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2019, 06:57 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 03:33 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Coughlin and Caldwell are not only bad at their jobs, but also dishonest brokers who have put themselves ahead of what is best for the franchise, thrown players and coaches under the bus, and then threw Marrone to the media wolves when the heat was on the most while they hid in the corner.

Exactly my thoughts. Like I said in another thread I thought after he got us to 4-4 with that circus, he could be coach of the year. Since then...the wheels have fallen the [BLEEP] off. 

We can shoot the FO to the sun (DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH THIS AT WORK, I was looking for a gif...)
I googled image searched. Hang my head... drown my fear... till you all just dissapear... [Image: d3921df1bd53bd3d8e39b19b1d18704d.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-12-2019, 11:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 06:57 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Exactly my thoughts. Like I said in another thread I thought after he got us to 4-4 with that circus, he could be coach of the year. Since then...the wheels have fallen the [BLEEP] off. 

I googled image searched. Hang my head... drown my fear... till you all just dissapear... [Image: d3921df1bd53bd3d8e39b19b1d18704d.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I clearly warned ya!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I voted new FO, new staff and retool roster including drafting a QB.

At this point, just draft a QB every year. We are bound to beat the odds eventually

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just look at recent history. Basically every team that was in the Superbowl or a hair away from the SB, added a good-to-great rookie QB to a team with some talent.

The only team that drafted a young QB to a horrible team to actually succeed in the last 5 or so years has been the Rams, but even they had MVP level Gurley for most of the season and MVP-level A. Donald, and one of the best play design/creators in the NFL.

Now part of that may just be that the the QB's coming out since basically Russell Wilson have just been horrible compared to the prior generation with the Mannings, Brees, Rivers, Big Ben, Romo, etc.

The key is having a great GM and Coach that can create a solid team and hide weaknesses by coaching up/developing under-valued players in at least 1 major position group. Then building up some of lines on both sides. Then you go get your QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2019, 12:03 PM by Caldrac.)

If Greg Roman ends up as our head coach for 2020. Book it. One way or another Jalen Hurts will end up on this football team. He's not as fast as Lamar Jackson but he's pretty damn close skill set wise. He would fit Roman's scheme for 2020 / 2021.

I don't think we would have to fork over a 1st RD pick for him. That COULD happen if he somehow beats Burrow and the Tigers and goes onto play in the National Championship. Or he'll more than likely get exposed and slip to us in RD2 or RD3.

It wouldn't bother me TOO much but it would make sense if it happened that way. That's ONLY if Roman is our head coach though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."