Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hard to believe there are six teams worse than the Jaguars

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ankings-9/

After five losses by 17 points or more, it's truly amazing there are six teams that coykd be worse than Jags.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well we got our wins early. And some of these "worse" teams are actually getting some wins late....

I could see us finishing with only 4 teams being worse than us in the win column.

Miami is better than their record, imo. Seemingly tanking early and then players and coaches got tired of hearing about tanking and really ramped up their play
The Skins... man.. I dunno... Haskins doesn't look good but their OL is not pass protecting well at all. If they had Trent Williams I wonder...
Bengals are bad, but made a switch at QB that made them worse. Had they stuck with Dalton, they could have a few more wins.

But a record doesn't tell the whole story. Currently... I can't say there are 6 teams worse than us. From roster to staff. Even if there are 6 teams with worse records.

Doesn't really matter, not to me anyway.

Being completely unable to stop any opponent on the ground plants us firmly in the lowest tier of teams. Being unable to buy our QBs 2.5 seconds to find an open man lands us in the bottom of that tier.

If there are 6 teams worse off, or only 2 it's the same result.

Only on paper

(12-11-2019, 01:32 PM)Kane Wrote: Well we got our wins early. And some of these "worse" teams are actually getting some wins late....

I could see us finishing with only 4 teams being worse than us in the win column.

Miami is better than their record, imo. Seemingly tanking early and then players and coaches got tired of hearing about tanking and really ramped up their play
The Skins... man.. I dunno... Haskins doesn't look good but their OL is not pass protecting well at all. If they had Trent Williams I wonder...
Bengals are bad, but made a switch at QB that made them worse. Had they stuck with Dalton, they could have a few more wins.

But a record doesn't tell the whole story. Currently... I can't say there are 6 teams worse than us. From roster to staff. Even if there are 6 teams with worse records.

I feel like we're real close to the Dolphins, but they still can't keep anyone healthy. Once they find a player the guy gets hurt, and overall they're truly void of talent. It's a credit to their effort they're playing so well, but I'm giving an edge to the Jaguars over the Dolphins.

On the Skins it's very close, but their defense is playing at a much higher level and their running game is rather impressive. Edge to the Redskins.

Jags are easily better than the Bengals and for that matter the Giants who haven't won since winning two early.

The Lions defense is comparable to the Jaguars, and their running game is worse, but with Stafford, I have to give the Lions a slight edge.

The Jets I'm giving the edge as well even though we did beat them. They're just working harder and making more plays as of late with an impressive win over the Raiders. For now, Jets have a clear edge, but this may need to be re-evaluated should the Jaguars actually beat the Raiders too.

The Cards are a bad team often getting blown out like the Jaguars as of late while only showing up to make things look close in their division. I'm giving the Jaguars a distinct edge over the Cards. 

So, to recap...

Teams now better than the Jags include the Jets, Redskins and Lions. Teams worse are the Dolphins, Cards, Bengals and Giants.
'02

(12-11-2019, 01:48 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:32 PM)Kane Wrote: Well we got our wins early. And some of these "worse" teams are actually getting some wins late....

I feel like we're real close to the Dolphins, but they still can't keep anyone healthy. Once they find a player the guy gets hurt, and overall they're truly void of talent. It's a credit to their effort they're playing so well, but I'm giving an edge to the Jaguars over the Dolphins.

On the Skins it's very close, but their defense is playing at a much higher level and their running game is rather impressive. Edge to the Redskins.

Jags are easily better than the Bengals and for that matter the Giants who haven't won since winning two early.

The Lions defense is comparable to the Jaguars, and their running game is worse, but with Stafford, I have to give the Lions a slight edge.

The Jets I'm giving the edge as well even though we did beat them. They're just working harder and making more plays as of late with an impressive win over the Raiders. For now, Jets have a clear edge, but this may need to be re-evaluated should the Jaguars actually beat the Raiders too.

The Cards are a bad team often getting blown out like the Jaguars as of late while only showing up to make things look close in their division. I'm giving the Jaguars a distinct edge over the Cards. 

So, to recap...

Teams now better than the Jags include the Jets, Redskins and Lions. Teams worse are the Dolphins, Cards, Bengals and Giants.

The Lions don't have Stafford, he's got a broken back.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-11-2019, 09:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:48 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I feel like we're real close to the Dolphins, but they still can't keep anyone healthy. Once they find a player the guy gets hurt, and overall they're truly void of talent. It's a credit to their effort they're playing so well, but I'm giving an edge to the Jaguars over the Dolphins.

So, to recap...

The Lions don't have Stafford, he's got a broken back.

Oh yeah... although they're backup ain't all that bad... he looked real bad in his first game vs the Bears, but since has been ok.
'02

(12-12-2019, 12:24 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Lions don't have Stafford, he's got a broken back.

Oh yeah... although they're backup ain't all that bad... he looked real bad in his first game vs the Bears, but since has been ok.

Blough is the 3rd guy, Jeff Driskel is the backup and he's hurt too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-12-2019, 12:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 12:24 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Oh yeah... although they're backup ain't all that bad... he looked real bad in his first game vs the Bears, but since has been ok.

Blough is the 3rd guy, Jeff Driskel is the backup and he's hurt too.

Uh... yeah... him too.

Maybe Jags can take the edge over the Lions. It's really close with them. Watching their game highlights like I do all games, the Lions were never in the game as the Vikings pretty much did whatever they wanted. The Lions just basically showed up to get whooped.
'02

this post is wrong. there are 0 teams worse then jags right now. the 0-16 browns,and 0-16 lions would destroy us big time. no team is worse then jacksonville. 

sacksonville is complety dead,and sucksonville is back unforttanttly.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-11-2019, 01:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Doesn't really matter, not to me anyway.  

Being completely unable to stop any opponent on the ground plants us firmly in the lowest tier of teams. Being unable to buy our QBs 2.5 seconds to find an open man lands us in the bottom of that tier.  

This.....∆∆∆∆∆∆ at this point what difference does it make

(12-12-2019, 11:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Doesn't really matter, not to me anyway.  

This.....∆∆∆∆∆∆ at this point what difference does it make

On draft day.