Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
4.4net

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2019, 06:40 PM by JagFanatic24.)

27 is sitting at 1,039 yards rushing with 2 games to go. I’m hoping he can get to 1250-1300 for the season. Right now he’s at 4.4 a pop

He has 68 receptions for 457 yards. He can probably get to 500 yards receiving which is really good for the type of back he is.

Probably finishes the year with 1700+ from scrimmage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-14-2019, 06:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 27 is sitting at 1,039 yards rushing with 2 games to go. I’m hoping he can get to 1250-1300 for the season. Right now he’s at 4.4 a pop

He has 68 receptions for 457 yards. He can probably get to 500 yards receiving which is really good for the type of back he is.

He's been a workhorse this year for a bad football team. Similar to how Maurice Jones-Drew was mostly treated after he was signed to his extension. I don't think Fournette will be here after next season. Unless the next coaching staff finds a way to utilize him more in a winning effort. 

It's bothered me that they've barely rotated anybody else behind him in the line-up. And it's really bothered me that they can't seem to figure out how to use him inside the redzone. He'll probably crack 1700 on the year for sure though. I still think he has a lot to work on. His vision is pretty average at this level. He doesn't seem to have much breakaway ability anymore. 

Whether or not improve scheming and/or improved play from the offensive line will fix that remains to be seen. Just can't wait for Black Monday to run it's course in the NFL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’d be happy if we can get 4.4 wins.

(12-14-2019, 06:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 06:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 27 is sitting at 1,039 yards rushing with 2 games to go. I’m hoping he can get to 1250-1300 for the season. Right now he’s at 4.4 a pop

He's been a workhorse this year for a bad football team. Similar to how Maurice Jones-Drew was mostly treated after he was signed to his extension. I don't think Fournette will be here after next season. Unless the next coaching staff finds a way to utilize him more in a winning effort. 

It's bothered me that they've barely rotated anybody else behind him in the line-up. And it's really bothered me that they can't seem to figure out how to use him inside the redzone. He'll probably crack 1700 on the year for sure though. I still think he has a lot to work on. His vision is pretty average at this level. He doesn't seem to have much breakaway ability anymore. 

Whether or not improve scheming and/or improved play from the offensive line will fix that remains to be seen. Just can't wait for Black Monday to run it's course in the NFL.

1500 yards from scrimmage in 13 games and 4.4 yards per carry. No decent coach is going to say no to that. Though I doubt they'll pick up his option. And they don't rotate anyone behind him because they don't have anyone behind him. The second string RB is Ryquell Armstead, and with all due respect to the kid, he still needs work before he can be a reliable backup.

By far his best year. Too bad the team around him fell apart.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

He's impressed me with his blocking and receiving development. Unfortunately the way he wins is still the opposite of the way the other 10 people on the field win in the modern era.

Fournette is the embodyment of this team in many ways. He has some talent but is held back by his below average vision. He should be better, but hes decent as is making him tough to dump. Thats how it looks at many of our positions on defense as well. We should be better, but its hard to pinpoint easy cuts.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

So, it appears most here are very impressed with Fournetter and feel he's doing a great job. He's truly been a workhorse.

Now, when it comes to looking at who to let go among the Jaguars brass, Coughlin's name is often brought up first. And yet, the biggest complaint about him, aside from what happened with Ramsey, is that he was so instrumental in getting Fournette. The sentiment at one point was that Fournette was holding the team back, but now we see he's practically carrying the offense. It looks like Coughlin was right and that just maybe we should let him fix this sinking ship.
'02

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 08:00 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-15-2019, 02:59 AM)Jags02 Wrote: So, it appears most here are very impressed with Fournetter and feel he's doing a great job. He's truly been a workhorse.

Now, when it comes to looking at who to let go among the Jaguars brass, Coughlin's name is often brought up first. And yet, the biggest complaint about him, aside from what happened with Ramsey, is that he was so instrumental in getting Fournette. The sentiment at one point was that Fournette was holding the team back, but now we see he's practically carrying the offense. It looks like Coughlin was right and that just maybe we should let him fix this sinking ship.

You're kidding me right?  An average running back, taken with the NUMBER FOUR PICK, is your reasoning for keeping Coughlin?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-15-2019, 07:59 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 02:59 AM)Jags02 Wrote: So, it appears most here are very impressed with Fournetter and feel he's doing a great job. He's truly been a workhorse.

You're kidding me right?  An average running back, taken with the NUMBER FOUR PICK, is your reasoning for keeping Coughlin?

I've been critical of Fournette in the past but the guy has the 4th most yards from scrimmage with a less than stellar interior offensive line. Give credit where it's due.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

A shame that when he got his act together the rest of the team fell apart.
Like others ...I wonder just how many snaps he can run. Other teams seem to just focus on stopping him .
We def have no other backs that are a threat.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I think people need to be reminded we passed on Mahomes Watson and McCaffrey for Fournette.

(12-15-2019, 10:04 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I think people need to be reminded we passed on Mahomes Watson and McCaffrey for Fournette.

It's always easy with hindsight.

(12-15-2019, 08:07 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 07:59 AM)Rico Wrote: You're kidding me right?  An average running back, taken with the NUMBER FOUR PICK, is your reasoning for keeping Coughlin?

I've been critical of Fournette in the past but the guy has the 4th most yards from scrimmage with a less than stellar interior offensive line. Give credit where it's due.

Through the first half of the season whenever the OL was brought up it was that they were awful in pass pro but they sure as hell could road grade in the run game.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 11:52 AM by JackCity.)

(12-15-2019, 11:43 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 10:04 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I think people need to be reminded we passed on Mahomes Watson and McCaffrey for Fournette.

It's always easy with hindsight.

It was easy before the pick ever happened to go Watson or Mahomes. 

I love when people bring up hindsight drafting for decisions that were obvious at the time. Someone like Joeckel is a good example of when you shouldn't apply hindsight to a draft pick, as he was a can't miss sure fire selection at a valuable position.

(12-15-2019, 11:51 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:43 AM)hb1148 Wrote: It's always easy with hindsight.

It was easy before the pick ever happened to go Watson or Mahomes. 

I love when people bring up hindsight drafting for decisions that were obvious at the time. Someone like Joeckel is a good example of when you shouldn't apply hindsight to a draft pick, as he was a can't miss sure fire selection at a valuable position.

The Joeckel thing isn't even 100% true. Yes, big draft was saying that but guys like Eric and Justis were sending out lots of caution warnings about Joeckel.

(12-15-2019, 09:49 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: A shame that when he got his act together the rest of the team fell apart.
Like others ...I wonder just how many snaps he can run. Other teams seem to just focus on stopping him .
We def have no other backs that are a threat.
Which to answer Jags02's question from earlier. This is why Coughlin and Caldwell should go.

If that's all you can hang your hat on? A work horse RB with the 4th overall pick after you blundered just about everything else?

No thanks. It's like having your dream home built in the middle of a jungle. Or having a fancy car that can b line 100 MPH on a runway but does you know good in this mountain of [BLEEP] you've engulfed your team in.

The QB mishaps alone should get them fired. All of them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 12:20 PM by JackCity.)

(12-15-2019, 12:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:51 AM)JackCity Wrote: It was easy before the pick ever happened to go Watson or Mahomes. 

The Joeckel thing isn't even 100% true. Yes, big draft was saying that but guys like Eric and Justis were sending out lots of caution warnings about Joeckel.

They were a way way smaller minority than consensus and still had Luke as a top 25 pick. Not really the same as the Fournette situation at all

(12-15-2019, 10:04 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I think people need to be reminded we passed on Mahomes Watson and McCaffrey for Fournette.

The O line the Jags have would get Mahomes and Watson seriously kilt too...IF the FO gets fired along with
the coaching staff......be prepared for 2~3 years more of rebuilding.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-15-2019, 11:47 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:07 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I've been critical of Fournette in the past but the guy has the 4th most yards from scrimmage with a less than stellar interior offensive line. Give credit where it's due.

Through the first half of the season whenever the OL was brought up it was that they were awful in pass pro but they sure as hell could road grade in the run game.

Not hardly. When it was mentioned, it was generally about the tackles and how they were better at run blocking then pass protection. This is true by the way. The interior line on the other hand has been a weak spot (Norwell and Cann are at best below average and Linder in spite of being a popular player is physically overmatched more times than not). Fournette has his faults as a player no doubt but he's also performed well this season and that should be recognized.