Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why are people doubting Minshew so much?

I don't think anyone has written off Minshew but he no way shape or form should be penciled in as the future starter. If the new Brass loves a QB out of the draft then go and get him.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-15-2019, 10:13 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is a ROOKIE, with a terrible offensive line, terrible HC, no TE and a team that has already quit.... what do you expect?

He has been the best rookie QB this year (and better than most rookies ever), do you guys seriously think Daniel Jones, Lock or Murray would do better on this team? or A rookie Mayfield, Darnold, Lamar Jackson? believe me Jackson would look much different if he was here.

I think he deserves a shot next year with a better supporting cast. If a great QB falls in the draft, yeah, we should take him, but the better QB should play.
Same reason you doubt Ngakoue?

Just playing. I don't doubt the kid. Realistically I think he's the starter next year as I feel they'll be in that odd position during the draft where you won't really get a shot at one of the top two passers.

But you'll get a chance at the next three passers and they're all pretty rocky and probably won't offer an upgrade instantly.

2021's class looks better IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I would like to see Minshew be the starter next year and see what he can do with better help around him.

At the very least he should be given the opportunity to compete to be the starter for next year. If the Jags lose out/lose most of these remaining games, they may be tempted to take another QB. But even if that happens, I would still like to see Minshew at least be given the opportunity to compete for the starter position.

(12-15-2019, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 01:01 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Just like Foles....so why do people blame Foles and Minshew has all the excuses ? 

Even Lamar Jackson would struggle with this team / coaching staff.

Lol, a 6th round rookie vs a Super Bowl MVP. That's why.

Seriously? you really had to ask that?

There's your answer anyway.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 02:58 PM by mal234.)

(12-15-2019, 02:02 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: If Minshew was a 1st round pick, we wouldn’t entertain the idea of picking up another one next year. He’s going through what he and every other rookie QB go through. We’re going to see the same ups and downs from anyone else we pick up.

I agree with these comments. Minshew has his ups and downs like everyone else. But I do believe he has potential and can continue to grow like a lot of young QB have/are doing right now. For a lot of them, the more they play, the more confident they end up becoming and the more they improve. I would like to see that happen with Minshew.

I hope Minshew's draft position doesn't get in the way of him getting more of an opportunity (like next year) to show he can be a starter. I am concerned it could. I think it's a big reason now why some people don't want him to get more of a chance to prove he can be the starter for this team.

(12-15-2019, 02:55 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 02:02 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: If Minshew was a 1st round pick, we wouldn’t entertain the idea of picking up another one next year. He’s going through what he and every other rookie QB go through. We’re going to see the same ups and downs from anyone else we pick up.

I agree with these comments. Minshew has his ups and downs like everyone else. But I do believe he has potential and can continue to grow like a lot of young QB have/are doing right now. For a lot of them, the more they play, the more confident they end up becoming and the more they improve. I would like to see that happen with Minshew.

I hope Minshew's draft position doesn't get in the way of him getting more of an opportunity (like next year) to show he can be a starter. I am concerned it could. I think it's a big reason now why some people don't want him to get more of a chance to prove he can be the starter for this team.

I think a lot of people see these mistakes and assume this is the type of QB he will be forever. Lucky QBs throw jump balls and hail Mary’s, but Minshew’s ball placement, accuracy, progressions were amazing early in the season. And while he clearly took a hit in those categories, lucky (or bad) QBs don’t often show those traits. 

I’m confident Minshew will be a good QB. This is Minshew will 2nd strong reps in training camp. I’m excited to see what he can do with an entire offseason as the teams number one.

I like Minshew- but we have been missing a franchise QB for so long and missed on so many QBs- I would like to see the Jags double down. A good QB can always be traded, but you can’t always trade for a good QB. The future of this franchise lays on nailing this position.

(12-15-2019, 02:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, a 6th round rookie vs a Super Bowl MVP. That's why.

Seriously? you really had to ask that?

What is Foles supposed to do ? He is playing behind the same OLine than Minshew and with the same coaching staff.

(12-15-2019, 05:11 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 02:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Seriously? you really had to ask that?

What is Foles supposed to do ? He is playing behind the same OLine than Minshew and with the same coaching staff.

Play better than a 6th round rookie.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They should have never put Foles back in period. Wait til he gets an entire offseason and the QB1.

With a TE and at least one upgrade at Guard.

When Marrone pulled Minshew, he should have been fired the next game afterwards.

(12-15-2019, 12:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 12:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The hell we can't.

Exactly right, fix the big bodies on offense and this guy can play.

I live in Bengals country. I heard this excuse for damn near a decade. Dalton is fine just build around him. Don't even bother giving him legit competition.

Sorry I'm not doing that. Keep Minshew around sure, but invest significantly in the QB position also and let them battle it out.

We have already made a significant investment to the tune of 88 mil.

Foles vs Minshew will be battling it out and I promise you, there will be plenty of competition between the two.

Minshew orchestrated a late fourth quarter win against a team on the West Coast. He's 5-5 in games he's started. He won today without Chark, and his OL does him no favors.

Foles is Philly's QB. He was built to help the Eagles win. He needs the skill players and OL that he had around him in Philly to win. Minshew doesn't.

Only reason there’s any hesitancy is draft position. Guy has outplayed every quarterback drafted the past two years (Lamar doesn’t count, he’s not human).

It’s highly improbable a rookie will be able to out play him next year either.

He is playing better than Lamar as a rookie too.

So playing the best of any rookie QB for a while...let's bench him

(12-15-2019, 01:01 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 10:13 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: a terrible offensive line, terrible HC, no TE and a team that has already quit.... what do you expect?

Just like Foles....so why do people blame Foles and Minshew has all the excuses ?

Because Minshew has won games.

(12-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Predator Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 12:35 PM)Upper Wrote: I live in Bengals country. I heard this excuse for damn near a decade. Dalton is fine just build around him. Don't even bother giving him legit competition.

Sorry I'm not doing that. Keep Minshew around sure, but invest significantly in the QB position also and let them battle it out.

We have already made a significant investment to the tune of 88 mil.

Foles vs Minshew will be battling it out and I promise you, there will be plenty of competition between the two.
Lets hope Foles isn’t back because we don’t need that.

Get rid of him and eat some of the dead money. Keep Minshew around and if Tua is available in round 1, take him.

(12-15-2019, 09:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Predator Wrote: We have already made a significant investment to the tune of 88 mil.

Lets hope Foles isn’t back because we don’t need that.

Get rid of him and eat some of the dead money. Keep Minshew around and if Tua is available in round 1, take him.

Tua is an injury prone bum.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Riding with the Shew.