Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calitro #58

This guy has been out of position more than any other LB on the roster, including Myles Jack.

On the play where Carr pulled the ball and ran for the first down with 2:05 in the 4th quarter. He was so lost he actually threw his hands up as if he didn’t know where to go.

On that type of play, the DE crashes the RB and the LB targets the QB. 91 went for the RB, and 58 went for the RB. 

That’s just a plain out blown assignment. That isn’t on the coach or scheme. Simple blown assignment.

Along with Safety, Guard, TE....you can also add in LB for needs in the offseason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Waiver claim practice squad player called up after FIVE linebackers were lost to injury.

What were you expecting exactly?

The reason LB is a need is that Myles Jack needs to play outside, we have no MLB, and Williams is a project.

(12-15-2019, 08:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Waiver claim practice squad player called up after FIVE linebackers were lost to injury.

The reason LB is a need is that Myles Jack needs to play outside, we have no MLB, and Williams is a project.

Speaking the truth right here.

11 tackles, 1 sack. Good call...

He's STILL been a decent player in short order though. I hope him and Payne are both back next year.

But a serious consideration needs to be made with Jack going back outside and potentially adding a true inside backer via the draft early in 2020.

Or. Maybe Ryan is that guy? And hopefully he can be ready next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-15-2019, 08:20 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: 11 tackles, 1 sack. Good call...

Yea, he is terrible.

The guy played with effort. Hes just not very good. Jack needs to be on the outside.

I'm having a brain-fart, didn't Jags sign a FA MLBer? What happened to him, he was hurt since training camp.

(12-15-2019, 09:29 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: The guy played with effort.  Hes just not very good.  Jack needs to be on the outside.  

I'm having a brain-fart, didn't Jags sign a FA MLBer?  What happened to him, he was hurt since training camp.

Ryan

He came in injured, had a setback, finally started practicing, played ST for a game and got hurt again in his second game I think.

I see the 11 tackles and 1 sack, but he could have had 13 or 14 if he wasn’t so badly out of position.

Maybe he needs more time to learn the scheme and I’m being too hard on him. Teams exploit him.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 06:58 AM by The Real Marty.)

Calitro would be a good backup linebacker.  I'm not going to blame him for blown assignments.  We have highly paid starters blowing assignments.  It's a constant thing for our defense as a whole.

I actually think our backup LBs have played as well or better than our starting LBs this year.

(12-15-2019, 09:29 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: The guy played with effort.  Hes just not very good.  Jack needs to be on the outside.  

I'm having a brain-fart, didn't Jags sign a FA MLBer?  What happened to him, he was hurt since training camp.

He's not bad as a backup. He's been forced into a starting position without a training camp to really be at home within the system. I like the effort he's showing.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

For a guy who is probably practice squad talent he looks okay. I like that he works hard and has a high motor. Maybe this experience will make him grown into a good depth guy in the future.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Hopefully we have Telvin coming back next year and thus it isn't a position of need.

(12-16-2019, 09:14 AM)UKJag Wrote: Hopefully we have Telvin coming back next year and thus it isn't a position of need.
That dude is a wet noodle, well below playing weight for 2020 and was recently arrested.

He's done man. Only hope is Quincy Williams physically holds up and his conditioning takes a huge leap forward in the off season for 2020.

If they can either draft a true ILB or get Jake Ryan ready to go for 2020 they may be able to move Jack outside which should fix most of our issues on paper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-16-2019, 09:14 AM)UKJag Wrote: Hopefully we have Telvin coming back next year and thus it isn't a position of need.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Dude looks like a twig and was just arrested for what's thought to have been a drug bust.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 11:29 AM by Mikey.)

(12-15-2019, 08:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Waiver claim practice squad player called up after FIVE linebackers were lost to injury.

@Remember that we had a Super Bowl MVP on the roster earlier this year? Yeah, that.@

I want to say he made a few TFL as well, so either the light bulb went off, or he got lucky, depending on your brand of pessimism.

(12-15-2019, 09:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Ryan

He came in injured, had a setback, finally started practicing, played ST for a game and got hurt again in his second game I think.

That may be the saddest sentence written about a player, yet I cannot stop laughing. You couldn't make up a more farcical sequence of events.

News travels slow across the pond eh?

Telvin is done in the NFL, or in the very least, done as a Jaguar.
He's a dope man now.

This comment just makes me sad for what could have been.

And maybe he will bring Justin Blackmon with him !

We still don't know if the scheme next year will be a version of this hybrid, a more traditional 3-4 scheme, or a more traditional 4-3 scheme. That will greatly effect how they transition going forward.