Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
#BecauseJaguars

Leave it to this team to win when it doesn't matter and mess up draft position 

Even when we win we lose smh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Forget draft position. Would much rather see Minchew lead his team back and get these wins

It'll be fine. It's not like this team over the last 20 years has really shown any ability to land a long term solution with a top 10 selection.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If it makes you feel better, odds are we will probably screw up the pick regardless of who is GM.

I'm fine with the win tbh, BUT THIS WIN SHOULD NOT PRECLUDE THE COACHING STAFF & FO FROM BEING FIRED.

(12-15-2019, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Forget draft position. Would much rather see Minchew lead his team back and get these wins
Exactly. Minshew is at least showing we can depend and lean on him going into 2020.

With a better staff and personnel pick-up's this kid might be good enough for the long haul.

Two more weeks to show us that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We have so many holes that dropping a couple draft slots doesnt really matter. We have loads of room to trade up/down anyway.

To me the most important thing for these last 2 games was Minshew's development. Nothing else remotely comes close, if he is the guy

You always want the high pick. Regardless of who's drafting. The new FO needs the best picks possible

Fournette was a 4th pick
Bortles 3rd pick
Ramsey 5th
Fowler 3rd
Joeckel 2nd

One left, all gone. Draft position doesn't mean success.

(12-15-2019, 08:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Forget draft position.  Would much rather see Minchew lead his team back and get these wins
Exactly. Minshew is at least showing we can depend and lean on him going into 2020.

There is NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING more important to the Jags right now than Minshew playing well.

And also, losing sucks.  Winning is always awesome.

(12-15-2019, 08:16 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Exactly. Minshew is at least showing we can depend and lean on him going into 2020.

There is NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING more important to the Jags right now than Minshew playing well.

And also, losing sucks.  Winning is always awesome.

Exactly

More importantly Minshew is proving he can be the guy. Huge 4th quarter comeback win.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Let's hope Minshew plays well......buttttt that we lose the last two games. May I remind you how the Andrew Luck draft went? We had a chance to get him but decided to win when it didn't matter

(12-15-2019, 08:15 PM)rocdee Wrote: You always want the high pick. Regardless of who's drafting. The new FO needs the best picks possible

You always want to win and hit on your pick regardless of where you pick.  As high as we will be picking even if we win out, and the GM can't find a good player there then we hired the wrong GM

(12-15-2019, 08:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:15 PM)rocdee Wrote: You always want the high pick. Regardless of who's drafting. The new FO needs the best picks possible

You always want to win and hit on your pick regardless of where you pick.  As high as we will be picking even if we win out, and the GM can't find a good player there then we hired the wrong GM

High level analysis here

Could care less about the draft position. For me, the rest of this season is about auditioning Minshew. I'm thrilled with what I saw today.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 08:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-15-2019, 08:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You always want to win and hit on your pick regardless of where you pick.  As high as we will be picking even if we win out, and the GM can't find a good player there then we hired the wrong GM

High level analysis here

Thank you

(12-15-2019, 08:24 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Could care less about the draft position. For me, the rest of this season is about auditioning Minshew. I'm thrilled with what I saw today.

Yep, the most important thing for this franchise in these last 2 games.  I feel like Minshew can win out if the defense can be decent

Kahn " we finished the season strong. So, uhhhh, I believe in Marrone and his staff to carry the momentum into 2020. I know our fans will come out and support the team, We have great fans."

Winning creates a winning culture. We haven’t exactly succeeded with all those top picks. I’m OK with this.

(12-15-2019, 08:24 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Could care less about the draft position. For me, the rest of this season is about auditioning Minshew. I'm thrilled with what I saw today.

So you do care a bit about draft position then?

Our rookie QB got another 4th qtr comeback and breaks our west coast loosing streak. I'll take it. Besides, the rams lost so it evens out.

Rookie QB learning how to win > Draft position.