Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
#BecauseJaguars

Drop a couple of spots and not need a qb.? Sounds good to me.

When did we last have a comeback from that far back?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Minshew just showed that he's "The Guy" at QB, we snap the 15 year West Coast drought, and get an exciting come from behind victory to spoil the final game ever in Oakland ...... and we STILL find something to complain about. #BecauseFans
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 09:05 PM by Mowerguy.)

(12-15-2019, 08:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Always root to win. Always.

Yep.

(12-15-2019, 08:16 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Exactly. Minshew is at least showing we can depend and lean on him going into 2020.

There is NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING more important to the Jags right now than Minshew playing well.

And also, losing sucks.  Winning is always awesome.

(12-15-2019, 08:24 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Could care less about the draft position. For me, the rest of this season is about auditioning Minshew. I'm thrilled with what I saw today.

In one of the most hostile stadiums in the league , most Jags fan's in the dumps....all the Jacksonville sportswriters picking the raiders...NO DJ Chark...all the Jags had to do was throw in the towel and lose.
GMII had no turnovers, reached deep, showed he can play in this timezone and gave the Jaguars their first west coast win in 15 years.
a come from behind win no less!

Congratulations Jaguars. Now let's make the changes that will improve the coaching, the O line and the other facets of the team and let's build around our
"rookie" who is growing with every game....win or lose.
Oh and unshackle our new Head Coach from Tom who really needs to retire
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

As long as the entire front office and coaching staff are gone at the end of the season, it doesn't matter what happens these last few games.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 09:08 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Wow, Schefter tweeted Marrone in talks for extension after win

Jk. Maybe.

To wish for the team to lose is just pathetic. It really is.

Minshew won two games out West in one season. Amazing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Even if we win one more - We're going to have two picks in the 1st round.

One will likely be prior to 18 overall and the other likely prior to 12 overall.

We'll have the opportunity to acquire premium talent.

(12-15-2019, 09:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow, Schefter tweeted Marrone in talks for extension after win

Jk. Maybe.

Ouch.  Almost fell for this one.

I agree. I hate winning meaningless games that ruin our draft position. Had we lost, we would have jumped the Cardinals, our main competition for NT Derrick Brown. Instead, we had to beat another bad team on a 4 game losing streak. This happens every year. We are in prime position for a great draft pick and we win meaningless games, giving fans false hope and making the owner think we are trending in the right direction, thereby saving jobs of people who should be fire. All that leads to prolonged agony for this fan base. For those of you saying getting a win for Minshew is more important than draft position, you are so wrong. Think about it. Minshew has all of 2020 to prove whether or not he is a franchise QB. Foles is going nowhere and we know how bad he is, so Minshew will likely be the starter. Between Foles' outrageous contract and the many, many holes we have on this team, we were never gonna draft a QB in 2020. The starting job is Minshew's to lose. That was never in danger. Winning this game, probably takes us out of position to draft NT Derrick Brown, who would've been our best chance to fix the run defense. Without a good run defense, we're not going anywhere. The guy we faced today, (Josh Jacobs) has literally done nothing since he's been playing with a fractured shoulder. I would know, he was on my fantasy team, so don't think that issue is repaired at all. It's just frustrating when we don't win games we should win, that could actually help us and we do win games that actually hurt us. Why can't we have nice things?

"But what about the high draft picks"

*Looks at all the really successful teams this year and notice most didn't pick in the top 10 *

/carry on
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

you play to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you never go into a game lets play to lose today,we want to lose,so lets play  to lose.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-15-2019, 08:19 PM)rocdee Wrote: May I remind you how the Andrew Luck draft went? We had a chance to get him but decided to win when it didn't matter

This is inaccurate. We could have knocked the clots out of the #1 spot by losing to them week 17. When we got our second win, basically eliminating us from contention for the #1 overall pick, we were still in the playoff picture.

(12-16-2019, 12:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:  Why can't we have nice things?

We could have had some nice things, Watson, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson just to name a few. It’s who you pick not when you pick, this fan base should know that better than any.

On the plus side, the Rams lost.

(12-16-2019, 12:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The guy we faced today, (Josh Jacobs) has literally done nothing since he's been playing with a fractured shoulder. I would know, he was on my fantasy team, so don't think that issue is repaired at all. It's just frustrating when we don't win games we should win, that could actually help us and we do win games that actually hurt us. Why can't we have nice things?

...What?  Dude injured his shoulder in the Packers game, and aside from the game he missed last week, has gone over 100 all purpose yards in 5 of the 7 games since, including today.  He's been playing really well virtually all season.

(12-15-2019, 08:11 PM)rocdee Wrote: Leave it to this team to win when it doesn't matter and mess up draft position 

Even when we win we lose smh

We've been drafting high for over a decade. How exactly has that worked out for us?

Unless you're trying to get a QB or a DE (2 positions we DON'T need), a high pick simply means you're going to pay more money for a player who MIGHT be marginally better than another - or he might not. A good GM can find a great player at least 60% of the time in the 1st round, regardless where he picks. A bad coaching staff can literally turn a #1 overall stud into a bust.

This is the Pros, that tanking stuff is fandom myths. Jobs are on the line every week for players and coaches.

Incentives are always on the line. Every play in the NFL is an interview.

Tom Brady 6th round
Drew Brees
Mahomes was the 10th pick
Rothlisberfer was like the 11th pick

The list goes on for miles and miles. If we go from 5th overall pick to 9th or 10th or even 12th then it won’t matter. You can miss on a prospect just as much as you hit on one.

There job is football. Teams don’t really quit. That’s just fan speak and media hype.

Every player goes 100% on every play. Unless your Randy Moss.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 06:49 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-15-2019, 08:19 PM)rocdee Wrote: Let's hope Minshew plays well......buttttt that we lose the last two games. May I remind you how the Andrew Luck draft went? We had a chance to get him but decided to win when it didn't matter

I disagree with that.  My theory is, winning matters, because it determines how good a team you have.  Winning means you have a better team to build around than if you lost.

"I hope we lose" is like saying, "I hope it turns out that we really suck."  

No team ever got better by sucking.  Look at the perennially good teams around the league.  They don't get better by getting worse.  They just put their noses to the grindstone, draft well, coach well, and try to win every single game.

(12-15-2019, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Forget draft position.  Would much rather see Minchew lead his team back and get these wins

Agreed. Draft position is overrated. Just win.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.