Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
#BecauseJaguars

Winning is always good BUT is a win good at the expense of Marrone and his staff potentially saving their employment based off of it still a good thing?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2019, 10:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Winning is always good BUT is a win good at the expense of Marrone and his staff potentially saving their employment based off of it still a good thing?

They're all gone regardless of how this season ends

(12-16-2019, 10:37 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Winning is always good BUT is a win good at the expense of Marrone and his staff potentially saving their employment based off of it still a good thing?

They're all gone regardless of how this season ends

That line of thinking is solely based on what a level-headed fan thinks a level-headed owner would do. Nobody truly knows what Khan is going to do.

(12-16-2019, 10:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:37 AM)JackCity Wrote: They're all gone regardless of how this season ends

That line of thinking is solely based on what a level-headed fan thinks a level-headed owner would do. Nobody truly knows what Khan is going to do.

Want to bet?

(12-16-2019, 10:43 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: That line of thinking is solely based on what a level-headed fan thinks a level-headed owner would do. Nobody truly knows what Khan is going to do.

Want to bet?

I can't bet against something I am praying for to happen! Just saying, not sure if Khan has the fortitude to cut the head off the snake (Tom), or if we need to just hope he retires to spend more time with his family and make Khan's decision easier for him.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 10:51 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

NO!

(12-16-2019, 04:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is the Pros, that tanking stuff is fandom myths. Jobs are on the line every week for players and coaches.

Incentives are always on the line. Every play in the NFL is an interview.

Tom Brady 6th round
Drew Brees
Mahomes was the 10th pick
Rothlisberfer was like the 11th pick

The list goes on for miles and miles. If we go from 5th overall pick to 9th or 10th or even 12th then it won’t matter. You can miss on a prospect just as much as you hit on one.

There job is football. Teams don’t really quit. That’s just fan speak and media hype.

Every player goes 100% on every play. Unless your Randy Moss.

#1 we're not taking a QB in this draft.
#2 Those are picks that good front offices made. We don't have that luxury.

I can't imagine a scenario where Marrone is back and very doubtful the FO is back. Stranger things have happened I guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I have no issue with fans believing our best plan is to go out winless the rest of the way. Honestly the win yesterday was good to see because we have a QB that did QB things. Not much has changed today compared to 7 days ago. The team met another team that is prone to implosion and pulled out a win.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's crucial that Minshew give us more evidence that he deserves to start in 2020. Our ranking in the draft takes a back seat to that.

It appeared Oakland fed us the second half by abandoning the run and switching to the pass. Guess Chuckie wanted to insure they got to pick ahead of us.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Marrone just beat a coach that is making $10 million per year. That alone should be worth a 2-year extension with at least a 40% increase in pay.

(12-16-2019, 11:33 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

I can't imagine a scenario where Marrone is back and very doubtful the FO is back. Stranger things have happened I guess.

If the FO goes, even if it's Coughlin and not Caldwell, Marrone is gone. If they stay? If Coughlin stays and Marrone snags another win, I could see Coughlin selling Khan on the idea that they need to give Minshew continuity during the all-important gap between seasons one and two, when a QB tends to make a huge jump if he's going to make one.

Of course, there's the Foles factor. What if Coughlin wants to play Foles and justify the investment and Marrone stands firm in his refusal to do so? Would Coughlin fire Marrone in order to find someone who will do his bidding, more or less, and play Foles? Think Ben McAdoo, Mike Groh or Matt Rhule. Perhaps even a guy like Perry Fewell that he has a history with and can mostly push out of the way. And, of course, the ever-present fear of Coughlin hiring himself and somehow talking Khan into going along with it. Long story short, there are lots of variables still in play. My rough expectation at this point is that Khan will keep Coughlin and allow Coughlin to do what he wants with Marrone and Caldwell. Coughlin will then fire Marrone and bring in someone who will roll over and play Foles for him. Caldwell may or may not be kept on. I have no idea what the working relationship between those two is.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 02:38 PM by mal234.)

I believe that's good that the Jags won yesterday. As far as draft position goes, they were only going to draft so high anyway. The Bengals are more than likely going to get the first pick in the draft. Teams like the Redskins/Dolphins/Lions are probably going to draft higher than the Jags. And probably would have done so, even if the Jags had lost yesterday day/lost out.

Granted, if you believe that losing out really is the best thing you could make the argument that yesterday's win may have "hurt" the Jags drafting situation, against the bad teams that have been surging a bit as of late. But even taking that into consideration, (and the Jags poor play over the last several games prior to yesterday,) the Jags still had a better shot of winning more games down this final stretch than those teams too.

I believe that players in general don't want to tank. Some of them will fight at some point/and at least to some degree to win. And someone's bad situation is still better than others. Plus, some bad teams have tougher match ups these last few games. (Like the Cardinals) Jags had/have a better chance of winning more than those teams as well.

I'm glad the Jags won. That type of thing helps with morale and it's good to see Minshew learn how to win in different situations. Him getting another come from behind win is good, especially in an environment that was a hostile as it was at the Oakland Coliseum yesterday. That type of experience is important. Regardless of what his role on this team may end up being longer term (Starter or backup). A team needs a QB that can get you wins, especially in tough situations/environments.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 02:38 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I equate yesterdays win having a 1 week reprieve from the waterboarding torture that we've been susceptible to over the past decade

[Image: 565214ebd7dcf.image.png?resize=400%2C239]

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 03:03 PM by mal234.)

(12-16-2019, 02:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I equate yesterdays win having a 1 week reprieve from the waterboarding torture that we've been susceptible to over the past decade

[Image: 565214ebd7dcf.image.png?resize=400%2C239]

I think that the players definitely needed this win too. You can definitely see that in this video:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1206642951767633920

Players don't want to lose or tank. Even though you do have people who seem to think they do. And want to blame them for winning games in rougher seasons.

I think Jags fans in general just expect a high draft pick and a win right now messes EVERYTHING up!!!!!

-11/12 past drafts have been top 10 picks!

-17/25 drafts in franchise history have been top 10 picks!

Draft night is like our superbowl, it would suck if it was a later pick! C'mon guys!!!! We don't wait hours to pick! We are better than that! GET TO THE PODIUM!!!!

(Being sarcastic, but at same time it is brutally true)

(12-16-2019, 03:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I think Jags fans in general just expect a high draft pick and a win right now messes EVERYTHING up!!!!!

-11/12 past drafts have been top 10 picks!

-17/25 drafts in franchise history have been top 10 picks!

Draft night is like our superbowl, it would suck if it was a later pick! C'mon guys!!!! We don't wait hours to pick! We are better than that! GET TO THE PODIUM!!!!

(Being sarcastic, but at same time it is brutally true)

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

You don't need top 10 picks if you've got your franchise QB, y'all.

Minshew balling out with a couple of top 20 picks next year is something we should all get behind. Or, y'know we could just keep on whining and whining....

you play the game to win even if your out of the playoffs.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-15-2019, 08:11 PM)rocdee Wrote: Leave it to this team to win when it doesn't matter and mess up draft position 

Even when we win we lose smh

I would also include the hashtag: "#BecauseJaguarsFans"

If they continued to lose, some fans would lament the poor close to a season that seemed much more promising.  If they win, other fans will lament a worse draft pick.  What good is a draft pick with this team?  How many top 5 picks do we have to waste as a franchise before it's fans stop cheering for high picks?  Every single year I want wins.  The draft will take care of itself, I always will cheer for wins because that's what competing is all about.