Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 4 Predictions

1-1 this week

7-7 overall

Titans have improved in a few areas, but god we are still awful.  

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:1-1 this week

7-7 overall

Titans have improved in a few areas, but god we are still awful

Yep.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The Tack board was a riot to read.

Actually, its interesting to read how each team's fans view their signal callers.

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/23950-...ere-close/

OMG.  It's like an exact repeat of Mularkey's 2012 season.  He's still saying "they're close" every time and complaining about dropped balls. I'm also seeing sightings of the word "pressing".  Amazing.

9-7 so far on all games. At least I can pick the Jaguars again if I feel like it now that they've shown they can escape a game with a win, even if it wasn't convincing.

Quote:4-8 overall, so take this with a grain

Titans win

Jags win... big 42-27

All of you guys who think Mariota is better than Blake Bortles...... stop it. 

Jags finally do something worth talking about & beat the Colts (thank you). 

So I'm 1-1 this week... 5-9 overall

ImATexan

Quote:http://www.titansreport.com/topic/23950-...ere-close/

OMG.  It's like an exact repeat of Mularkey's 2012 season.  He's still saying "they're close" every time and complaining about dropped balls. I'm also seeing sightings of the word "pressing".  Amazing.
On another board, they were lamenting the fact their receivers can't get open, on top of the bad play calling and Mariota's inaccuracy.

They traded away the one guy I thought could create match up issues for us.

I think if we are healthy, we match up much better with them defensively than we have in a long time.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:All of you guys who think Mariota is better than Blake Bortles...... stop it. 

Jags finally do something worth talking about & beat the Colts (thank you). 

So I'm 1-1 this week... 5-9 overall
Now that Watt is out, if we find a way to block Mercilus, we might get a split with you guys, though your receivers scare me now.  It appears you hit with Fuller.

Lol the one time I don't pick the Jags man.. I am never picking them again if that is the result! 1-1 last week 7-7 overall.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:Hi,

So I tried to tell you about Grigson several years back. Feel free to join the bandwagon.

I know you'll never admit Luck isn't a top QB so will leave that one for now.

Confusedweat:

The Colts in general just aren't good. Of course, you're going to be right about a few things when you state EVERYTHING about the Colts is horrible, you're going to nail a few. Not everything can be a hit.

Also, don't even go on about Luck... He's basically the only thing we've got. You can't tell me you watched that game (assuming you watched) and said "Yeah, Luck is definitely the problem!!!". He was playing by himself out there.

Quote:The Colts in general just aren't good. Of course, you're going to be right about a few things when you state EVERYTHING about the Colts is horrible, you're going to nail a few. Not everything can be a hit.

Also, don't even go on about Luck... He's basically the only thing we've got. You can't tell me you watched that game (assuming you watched) and said "Yeah, Luck is definitely the problem!!!". He was playing by himself out there.

As much as I hate defending anything that has to do with the Colts.  You guys basically have only 3 good players.  Andrew Luck, TY Hilton and Frank Gore.  The problem is that Gore isn't getting any younger, and while the Colts need players at skill positions, they desperately need help on both lines and on defense.

Realistically speaking, I don't think the Colts finish with a winning season.  Looking at the schedule for the rest of the season I see may 5 or 6 wins total on the season... but as they say, any given Sunday.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:As much as I hate defending anything that has to do with the Colts.  You guys basically have only 3 good players.  Andrew Luck, TY Hilton and Frank Gore.  The problem is that Gore isn't getting any younger, and while the Colts need players at skill positions, they desperately need help on both lines and on defense.

Realistically speaking, I don't think the Colts finish with a winning season.  Looking at the schedule for the rest of the season I see may 5 or 6 wins total on the season... but as they say, any given Sunday.

I actually find myself legitimately feeling bad for Andrew Luck...and I honestly didn't think that was possible until Sunday.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I actually find myself legitimately feeling bad for Andrew Luck...and I honestly didn't think that was possible until Sunday.

In all reality, Luck was getting hit often and/or running for dear life.  He was making good throws, but his receivers let him down on more than one occasion.  His stat line might look bad, but quite frankly he played pretty well.

Quote:I actually find myself legitimately feeling bad for Andrew Luck...and I honestly didn't think that was possible until Sunday.

I don't.

Did anyone play any violins for us or our players since 2008?

Nope.

How many bad seasons have the Colts had since 1998?

Two...maybe three?

They are way due...overdue to suck for a prolonged period.

Screw Luck.

Screw the Colts.

Quote:I don't.

Did anyone play any violins for us or our players since 2008?

Nope.

How many bad seasons have the Colts had since 1998?

Two...maybe three?

They are way due...overdue to suck for a prolonged period.

Screw Luck.

Screw the Colts.

LOL.  While I do enjoy reading your posts and like your perspective of the game as well as your fan loyalty, I must disagree.

Me personally, I'm a fan of the game and the league.  Quite frankly, what needs to happen with the Colts is what we have been going through for the past 3  seasons.  Tear it down and start over.  The colts are in the same position that we were in not too long ago (salary cap hell).  If owners/managers/coaches get out of the mindset of "winning now" and just work on the team, then we would probably see even better football.

Week # 4 Results: 2-0

Overall Results: 11-3

Quote:Week # 4 Results: 2-0

Overall Results: 11-3

D6 is killing it!
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:D6 is killing it!

Thanks,  Eye of the Storm!

It's early in the season but so far my AFC South related selections have been noticeably better than my overall NFL selections.  

Quote:LOL.  While I do enjoy reading your posts and like your perspective of the game as well as your fan loyalty, I must disagree.

Me personally, I'm a fan of the game and the league.  Quite frankly, what needs to happen with the Colts is what we have been going through for the past 3  seasons.  Tear it down and start over.  The colts are in the same position that we were in not too long ago (salary cap hell).  If owners/managers/coaches get out of the mindset of "winning now" and just work on the team, then we would probably see even better football.

Likewise regarding your posts.

I, too, am a fan of good football. I also agree that the Colts are in need of an extensive rebuild. In another thread, I estimated they are, in a best case scenario, about two offseasons away from fielding a complete roster. However, every season has good football, and every season has losing teams. Considering the state of the Colts at present, I submit it is entirely possible for good football to be played while the Colts stink to high heaven. In fact, another great season or two while vultures circle the rotting carcass that is the Colts roster is entirely probable. Colts fans and sympathizers will probably complain about the smell.

Me? I will get some popcorn, kick back, and enjoy the blue and white carnage like an old rerun of Wild Kingdom.

Quote:Likewise regarding your posts.

I, too, am a fan of good football. I also agree that the Colts are in need of an extensive rebuild. In another thread, I estimated they are, in a best case scenario, about two offseasons away from fielding a complete roster. However, every season has good football, and every season has losing teams. Considering the state of the Colts at present, I submit it is entirely possible for good football to be played while the Colts stink to high heaven. In fact, another great season or two while vultures circle the rotting carcass that is the Colts roster is entirely probable. Colts fans and sympathizers will probably complain about the smell.

Me? I will get some popcorn, kick back, and enjoy the blue and white carnage like an old rerun of Wild Kingdom.

Bullseye,  I have a couple of related opinion questions for you and jagibelieve:

1.  Though I agree that it would be in the Colts best interest to rebuild,  do you think that Colts owner Jimmy Irsay will be patient enough to rebuild?   Especially,  after giving Andrew Luck the most lucrative contract in NFL history.

2.   After Ryan Grigson's personnel decisions contributed to the Colts 2016 roster situation greatly,   how can Irsay justify trusting Grigson as a person well suited to rebuild the Colts?    My take is the Colts probably should go in another direction at the G.M. position.   With a new G.M. making the call on whether to retain Chuck Pagano.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016, 08:27 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Bullseye,  I have a couple of related opinion questions for you and jagibelieve:

1.  Though I agree that it would be in the Colts best interest to rebuild,  do you think that Colts owner Jimmy Irsay will be patient enough to rebuild?   Especially,  after giving Andrew Luck the most lucrative contract in NFL history.

2.   After Ryan Grigson's personnel decisions contributed to the Colts 2016 roster situation greatly,   how can Irsay justify trusting Grigson as a person well suited to rebuild the Colts?    My take is the Colts probably should go in another direction at the G.M. position.   With a new G.M. making the call on whether to retain Chuck Pagano.

1. To be honest, I don't think Irsay has a choice but to be patient. His team needs a LT, RB, TE,@ a ROLB, a young ILB, a stud NT, and a CB, at minimum. Three of those positions are premium positions. To expect them to acquire all three premium positions in one off-season is not realistic. Typically, top notch pass rushers, LTs, and CBs don't hit free agency. When they do, there are usually bidding wars for their services. They can't win bidding wars for these positions in one off-season without wrecking their salary cap. They will likely have to draft and develop those areas. That will take time.

2. I don't think Irsay can trust Grigson to build the roster through the draft. Outside of Luck and Hilton, what stud player has he drafted? He has known he needed a young pass rusher to develop and took Woerner. They are still relying on thirty something year olds Robert Mathis, Trent Cole and Erik Walden.  (Edit:  I was posting earlier from a tablet and my battery died and didn't have time to finish until now.)  The Colts were trashed on the ground last they made the playoffs, and they bypassed two stud NTs to get a diminutive WR.  In order for the Colts to have a complete turnaround by next year, they may have to draft the premier positions listed above, in addition to the other holes in the roster I mentioned too.  For one draft to land one hit at a premier position can be hard.  To land 3-4 in one draft is the stuff of Hall of Fame GMs.  Grigson isn't that guy to do it.  If the Colts crash and burn this year, Irsay will likely replace Grigson.  Any new GM will purge the roster of the thirty somethings...so Gore, D. Jackson, and the three pass rushers will be gone, among others.  They will replace them with youth, at the expense of rookie inexperience, without necessarily the talent to provide the desired results, at least in year one.  If a new coach is brought along, new philosophies and new personnel requirements come along with him, which could prolong the rebuild.

Bottom line:  barring something miraculous in terms of drafting, the Colts are in for a long term down time, even with a QB like Luck.