Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is 5-5 in games he's started.

No Jag team has won on the West Coast in over 15 years. Minshew did it.  No Jags team had beaten the Titans in two years. Minshew did it. 

In this game, he managed to win it WITHOUT his best WR--Chark.  And we all know he's got a terrible OL.

By my count, he's got two comeback wins on the road - against Oakland and Denver.

He's our quarterback.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-15-2019, 08:22 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: No Jag team has won on the West Coast in over 15 years. Minshew did it.  No Jags team had beaten the Titans in two years. Minshew did it. 

In this game, he managed to win it WITHOUT his best WR--Chark.  And we all know he's got a terrible OL.

By my count, he's got two comeback wins on the road - against Oakland and Denver.

He's our quarterback.

No he's not get over it
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 08:30 PM by MikePete54.)

Defense did a great job today. But this Raiders offense is weak.

Minshew was terrible for 3 and a half quarters. The last drive was really good.
He is a keeper for sure, but jury is still out.

I swear people expect a finished project out of a rookie dealing with diddly nothing for receiving targets. He didn’t lose the game for three quarters and stepped up and won the game in the fourth. How that can be anything other than a passing grace today is beyond me.

I don't care what he did all day. To come back for a game winning drive is Joe Montana like.

I still think the jury is out as well - but that last drive was something I don't think we came to see Bortles pull off very often.

I like this kid. I'm glad we get to see two more games of this. I just hope that the gameplan these next two weeks doesn't call for feeding Fournette on every play and may a short throw here and there for all eight quarters. When Minshew has time to throw and can attack downfield, he can march.

(12-15-2019, 08:24 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:22 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: No Jag team has won on the West Coast in over 15 years. Minshew did it.  No Jags team had beaten the Titans in two years. Minshew did it. 

He's our quarterback.

No he's not get over it

Uh, yes he is.

WINS

TEN
DEN
CIN
NYJ
OAK

LOSSES

HOU
CAR
NO
HOU
LAC

I would also add that we might have beat Houston the first time if Marrone doesn't decide to go for two.

(12-15-2019, 08:33 PM)NoShoes Wrote: I swear people expect a finished project out of a rookie dealing with diddly nothing for receiving targets. He didn’t lose the game for three quarters and stepped up and won the game in the fourth. How that can be anything other than a passing grace today is beyond me.

Even Bortles was making fourth quarter winning drives...stop with the overreaction.

(12-15-2019, 08:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:33 PM)NoShoes Wrote: I swear people expect a finished project out of a rookie dealing with diddly nothing for receiving targets. He didn’t lose the game for three quarters and stepped up and won the game in the fourth. How that can be anything other than a passing grace today is beyond me.

Even Bortles was making fourth quarter winning drives...stop with the overreaction.
How many 14 point point come backs or 4th quarter come back does Bortles have In his career?

(12-15-2019, 08:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:

On the road - twice in his rookie season? 

Bortles came out of his rookie year looking really bad - like a sixth-round draft pick.  Minshew played like a first round pick.

Jury still out. I agree. I think he deserves all of 2020 with a new staff and some upgrades on offense to prove it.

2021 will be the year to draft a QB for us. Burrow won't make it past the Bengals or Dolphins. Tagovailoa is a wildcard with his injuries. Too risky to pick so highly.

Stick with what we have. Foles salary hurts us even more at the QB spot in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He’s 1 inch away from 6-4. Houston stuffed 27 at the goal line. He got robbed of rookie of the year honors.

He’s our QB of the future for sure.

(12-15-2019, 08:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Jury still out. I agree. I think he deserves all of 2020 with a new staff and some upgrades on offense to prove it.

2021 will be the year to draft a QB for us. Burrow won't make it past the Bengals or Dolphins. Tagovailoa is a wildcard with his injuries. Too risky to pick so highly.

Stick with what we have. Foles salary hurts us even more at the QB spot in 2020.

Agree with all this and on top of all that we have a ton of holes to fill.

Minshew has it. I have not said that about a quarterback here since Brunel.

(12-15-2019, 08:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Jury still out. I agree. I think he deserves all of 2020 with a new staff and some upgrades on offense to prove it.

Levelheaded post right here.

Talent is needed on both sides of the ball and that has to be addressed before this team can even start talking about sustained winning. The D did ok today, but they still let Jacobs run them over quite a bit, even though they hit Carr a good few times today.

And Jacksonville's Oline is a MUST in terms of upgrading. I'm fine with sticking with Minshew right now. I just know that I don't really wanna see Foles again. Maybe that's unfair too, but in today's game you gotta have a QB who's mobile and Foles aint it.

(12-15-2019, 08:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Even Bortles was making fourth quarter winning drives...stop with the overreaction.
How many 14 point point come backs or 4th quarter come back does Bortles have In his career?

Bortles has 8 total Game Winning drives in his career. Half of which came in 2015. And 3 total were road games. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=BortBl00

(12-15-2019, 08:24 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:

He's our quarterback.

No he's not get over it

Thanks for the input Doug.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So i dont like how everyone throws out the chiefs game with his record yea he didnt start bu came in after the second drive with the score what 14to 7. It counts. 5 and 6. Nice ending to the game today i wi!l say.

ok heres the truth right now. at this time minshew is our qb. this season jags are 5-5 with minshew as a starter. 0-4 with overrated foles as starter.  minshew has the fire to lead the  jags as a qb. we need the firey qb. foles doesn't have the fire. 

Minshew has lots to prove being a 6th round pick,which can make a persons dersire,and drive even stronger.  the best thing about minshew is even with a the worst offensse line in nfl history theres no quit in the kid.  Is minshew our qb in the future,time will tell. 

he could be. we will see. right now though we are in the present and minshew is our qb period.!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-15-2019, 09:23 PM)surfon Wrote: So i dont like how everyone throws out the chiefs game with his record yea he didnt start bu came in after the second drive with the score what 14to 7.  It counts.  5 and 6.  Nice ending to the game today i wi!l say.

He didn't start the game.  The gameplan wasn't created for him - it was for created Foles. He hadn't taken a regular-season snap. Just a week before he was in danger of being cut.

The kid is tough.