Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is 5-5 in games he's started.

I love how he's able to put the ball in a tight window - so that only the receiver can catch it in the end zone. We haven't seen that before here in Jax. Not even Brunell could do that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2019, 11:24 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:07 AM)Rico Wrote: I plead ignorance.  I'm still in the dark.

Yeah... I dunno what the whole Corky thing is about... I thought someone was referring to Corky Romano

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-18-2019, 12:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 11:24 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... I dunno what the whole Corky thing is about... I thought someone was referring to Corky Romano

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Maybe I've been living under a rock... I don't know who that is.

(12-18-2019, 03:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 12:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Maybe I've been living under a rock... I don't know who that is.
Life goes on....man

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 05:31 PM by IndyJagsFan.)

As usual, NYC is on point and wins the stuffed animal.

And let me add that anyone who can go 5-5 with this ragtag band of misfits and miscreants led by the lamest duck coaching staff in recent NFL memory has to earn serious consideration as a "Franchise QB" solely on that mindboggling fact alone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-17-2019, 04:26 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Yeah, I must've missed Bortles-Mania and all those historic 4th quarter drives his rookie season and the t-shirts and fans with signs saying "Blake Bortles, please marry me!"
Minshew is outplaying all the rookie QB's drafted in the 1st round last year and most of the ones from past years and he's doing it with a depleted roster and a lame duck coaching staff too.
I'll swear, there is a "Corky Contingent" on this board that just can't accept what's obvious to everyone else. Again, come with a 1st Round pedigree and no one is playing naysayer.

To be fair, I was pretty hyped on Blake in 2015 and had a "Bortles Kombat" shirt

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2019, 11:30 AM by NCJag.)

(12-19-2019, 10:34 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 04:26 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Yeah, I must've missed Bortles-Mania and all those historic 4th quarter drives his rookie season and the t-shirts and fans with signs saying "Blake Bortles, please marry me!"
Minshew is outplaying all the rookie QB's drafted in the 1st round last year and most of the ones from past years and he's doing it with a depleted roster and a lame duck coaching staff too.
I'll swear, there is a "Corky Contingent" on this board that just can't accept what's obvious to everyone else. Again, come with a 1st Round pedigree and no one is playing naysayer.

To be fair, I was pretty hyped on Blake in 2015 and had a "Bortles Kombat" shirt

Blake was so damn maddening, even in year 3-4 when you THINK a 'project' QB would finally 'get it'.  Just like that stretch run at the end of 17 when you think...."oh crap, he finally gets it." Then.....thud.
Minshew is making rookie mistakes: holding the ball too long, taking sacks, fumbles, red zone issues....but, he's not throwing picks and he's giving receivers a chance to make plays on the ball. Given the turnstiles we have at T, Guards getting no push....and no TE: the fact he's 3.4/1 TD to INT ratio is amazing. Kyler Murray is 1.7/1, Daniel Jones is 1.6/1, Kyle Allen is 1.2/1.

Hopefully he's tightened up on ball security: He hasn't had a fumble in 2 weeks after averaging at least ONE the previous times he's started. He's tied for fifth in the league behind Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, the two Allens, and Jameis.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn