Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is 5-5 in games he's started.

(12-15-2019, 09:23 PM)surfon Wrote: So i dont like how everyone throws out the chiefs game with his record yea he didnt start bu came in after the second drive with the score what 14to 7.  It counts.  5 and 6.  Nice ending to the game today i wi!l say.

As Jasfanfirst said, he didn't start the game and the game plan wasn't for Minshew.  With that said, he did win rookie of the week, week 1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you include the Texans game, he technically has 4 game winning drives. Texans, Broncos, Bengals, Raiders

For the love of god get him a TE and a pair of good guards

Great players make great plays at great times. Minshew is doing it man!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-15-2019, 10:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/1...97056?s=19

[BLEEP] legend

Lord, there are some really dense people on this board.
Minshew has shown more with less than any quarterback we've seen here ever. I just am speechless at anyone who could look at his play today and not be completely impressed, but there's a few braindeads wagging fingers.
It's all Draft Position Bias. Period. And really dumb.

(12-15-2019, 08:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:33 PM)NoShoes Wrote: I swear people expect a finished project out of a rookie dealing with diddly nothing for receiving targets. He didn’t lose the game for three quarters and stepped up and won the game in the fourth. How that can be anything other than a passing grace today is beyond me.

Even Bortles was making fourth quarter winning drives...stop with the overreaction.

Umm, maybe I'm just crazy but as a fan watching the game, I NEVER felt the same level of hope watching Bortles play as I do watching Minshew.  I also could be wrong, but I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out like we were tonight.  With Bortles, a 1 point lead for the other team was safe.

(12-15-2019, 11:40 PM)Legal American Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Even Bortles was making fourth quarter winning drives...stop with the overreaction.

Umm, maybe I'm just crazy but as a fan watching the game, I NEVER felt the same level of hope watching Bortles play as I do watching Minshew.  I also could be wrong, but I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out like we were tonight.  With Bortles, a 1 point lead for the other team was safe.

I totally agree. This and the Denver game both showed something special.

How anyone can say that this man isn’t our QB1 is beyond me. He’s the one

(12-15-2019, 09:23 PM)surfon Wrote: So i dont like how everyone throws out the chiefs game with his record yea he didnt start bu came in after the second drive with the score what 14to 7.  It counts.  5 and 6.  Nice ending to the game today i wi!l say.

He is 5-5 as starter. Fin. This is a fact, tracked by stats. Sorry facts are so low on your totem pole. 

Minshew should be afforded 2020 to show what he has, but he needs to earn it in camp first. I hope the next staff has an honest and open competition at QB, being they will have no ties to either QB. Who cares how much either is paid, play the best QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 12:26 AM by Upper.)

Jeez guys act like you've been there before (I know we haven't very often, but still). The dude stunk up the joint for 3.5 quarters and then completed a handful of passes against an awful defense playing a very soft prevent. Good for him for completing those gimme's but this game shouldn't have really changed many opinions. We still need to be cautiously optimistic while adding significant competition in the next draft or two.

(12-16-2019, 12:24 AM)Upper Wrote: Jeez guys act like you've been there before (I know we haven't very often, but still). The dude stunk up the joint for 3.5 quarters and then completed a handful of passes against an awful defense playing a very soft prevent. Good for him for completing those gimme's but this game shouldn't have really changed many opinions. We still need to be cautiously optimistic while adding significant competition in the next draft or two.

Draft. Position. Bias.

0 INTs on the west coast playing in the last game in that stadium's life.

He's a ROOKIE.

If Daniel Jones or Kyler Murray had that game in that environment on a team that is historically as bad as ours... everyone would be signing their praises and saying gosh the potential is amazing.

He is the real deal imo.

He deserves a shot next year at the very least.

(12-16-2019, 12:24 AM)Upper Wrote: Jeez guys act like you've been there before (I know we haven't very often, but still). The dude stunk up the joint for 3.5 quarters and then completed a handful of passes against an awful defense playing a very soft prevent. Good for him for completing those gimme's but this game shouldn't have really changed many opinions. We still need to be cautiously optimistic while adding significant competition in the next draft or two.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd say no to a QB in 2021 if Minshew stinks it up next year.  

The 2020 class is essentially Burrow , Tua and Herbert, with the first two likely being gone and Herbert not being good

(12-16-2019, 12:46 AM)JackCity Wrote:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd say no to a QB in 2021 if Minshew stinks it up next year.  

The 2020 class is essentially Burrow , Tua and Herbert, with the first two likely being gone and Herbert not being good

Foles's contract demands a QB in 2021 no matter what.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-15-2019, 08:29 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Defense did a great job today. But this Raiders offense is weak.

Minshew was terrible for 3 and a half quarters. The last drive was really good.
He is a keeper for sure, but jury is still out.
He stunk it up because of the terrible playcalling once again. He could have done that all game if they didn't refuse to do it and tried to force feed LF the whole time. The playcalling was completely different and look what happened.

The team needs to pick, LF and get a FB and run power I or Minshew and shotgun. LF cannot run without a lead blocker and it hurts the passing game too much under center. Maybe that would change some with different coaching though.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

This is why the team plays better and harder with Minshew. Some of these guys are looking at each other like ‘Who is the leader’ and Minshew grabs it by the horns.

Like or love it, this is Minshew’s team for the foreseeable future.

For the love of god, go get him a couple of Guards and a TE. While you’re at it, get him a LB and a Safety too.

He has a chance to win 7 games this year and end on a high note. I can hear the NFL Yearbook narrator now.....The 2020 Jaguars have a lot to look forward too. They have the pieces to make a playoff push.

Minshew is a L E G E N D around these parts.