Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is 5-5 in games he's started.

(12-15-2019, 08:22 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: No Jag team has won on the West Coast in over 15 years. Minshew did it.  No Jags team had beaten the Titans in two years. Minshew did it. 

In this game, he managed to win it WITHOUT his best WR--Chark.  And we all know he's got a terrible OL.

By my count, he's got two comeback wins on the road - against Oakland and Denver.

He's our quarterback.

well said my brother.... im with ya.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-15-2019, 11:40 PM)Legal American Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 08:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Even Bortles was making fourth quarter winning drives...stop with the overreaction.

Umm, maybe I'm just crazy but as a fan watching the game, I NEVER felt the same level of hope watching Bortles play as I do watching Minshew.  I also could be wrong, but I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out like we were tonight.  With Bortles, a 1 point lead for the other team was safe.

Difference is that Minshew has command of the offense while Bortles looked like  a deer in headlights most of the time.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-15-2019, 08:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Even Bortles was making fourth quarter winning drives...stop with the overreaction.

Umm, maybe I'm just crazy but as a fan watching the game, I NEVER felt the same level of hope watching Bortles play as I do watching Minshew.  I also could be wrong, but I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out like we were tonight.  With Bortles, a 1 point lead for the other team was safe.

I'm not comparing Bortles's game to Minshew"s. Just saying that there is too much overreaction here. 

[Image: 1576484110-capture.png]

For examplen, we were down 13-0 at the start of the 4th Vs the Bears. Bortles throw a 54 yards TD to Benn to win the game.

Once again, nothing against Minshew, but it's a little to early to say that this guy is a Franchise QB or the best QB in Jaguars history.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 07:02 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-15-2019, 10:22 PM)MojoKing Wrote: For the love of god get him a TE and a pair of good guards

This ^   THIS THIS THIS !!!!!!!!  THIS!!!!!!!! ^^^

(12-16-2019, 07:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 10:22 PM)MojoKing Wrote: For the love of god get him a TE and a pair of good guards

This ^   THIS THIS THIS !!!!!!!!  THIS!!!!!!!! ^^^
The Jags don't even use the TEs they have over the middle. They want an extra blocker.

Until the offense changes, it won't matter who the TE is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(12-16-2019, 08:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 07:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This ^   THIS THIS THIS !!!!!!!!  THIS!!!!!!!! ^^^
The Jags don't even use the TEs they have over the middle. They want an extra blocker.

Until the offense changes, it won't matter who the TE is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is where the pair of good guards comes in.

I'll go further than that and say I've never seen the team play with the confidence they do with Minshew in there, and that went for Bort, Foles, Gabby, Chenne, take your pick. He exudes confidence, and the team feeds off it.

I'm not going to schedule a parade in honor of the victory yesterday, as I saw a lot of the same faults of our own team in our opponent (poor line play, all the dang penalties, young players making inexcusable mistakes). We got a win, and yay team. We still squeaked it out.

I'm just glad we have a guy on the roster who isn't walking around hopelessly waiting for the next opportunity to fail. We've had plenty of that in the past. Let's enjoy football being fun, win, lose or tie.

There is some intangible that Minshew has...I can't put my finger on it. Moxie? Confidence and gritiness?

(12-16-2019, 11:29 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: There is some intangible that Minshew has...I can't put my finger on it. Moxie? Confidence and gritiness?

He's got tons of Moxie.

I love the kid, too bad we benched him. I bet we'd be in the hunt still.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(12-16-2019, 04:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:40 PM)Legal American Wrote: Umm, maybe I'm just crazy but as a fan watching the game, I NEVER felt the same level of hope watching Bortles play as I do watching Minshew.  I also could be wrong, but I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out like we were tonight.  With Bortles, a 1 point lead for the other team was safe.

I'm not comparing Bortles's game to Minshew"s. Just saying that there is too much overreaction here. 

For examplen, we were down 13-0 at the start of the 4th Vs the Bears. Bortles throw a 54 yards TD to Benn to win the game.

Once again, nothing against Minshew, but it's a little to early to say that this guy is a Franchise QB or the best QB in Jaguars history.

So Minshew has half as many 4th Q comebacks in like 1/5 of the starts
or something like that?

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 12:58 PM by MikePete54.)

(12-16-2019, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: I'm not comparing Bortles's game to Minshew"s. Just saying that there is too much overreaction here. 

So Minshew has half as many 4th Q comebacks in like 1/5 of the starts
or something like that?

Yep, but the point is, any QB can have some game winning drives. Doesn't mean they are "the future".
For once, QB is not the biggest problem of our offseason.

(12-16-2019, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:40 PM)Legal American Wrote: Umm, maybe I'm just crazy but as a fan watching the game, I NEVER felt the same level of hope watching Bortles play as I do watching Minshew.  I also could be wrong, but I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out like we were tonight.  With Bortles, a 1 point lead for the other team was safe.

I'll go further than that and say I've never seen the team play with the confidence they do with Minshew in there, and that went for Bort, Foles, Gabby, Chenne, take your pick. He exudes confidence, and the team feeds off it.

I'm not going to schedule a parade in honor of the victory yesterday, as I saw a lot of the same faults of our own team in our opponent (poor line play, all the dang penalties, young players making inexcusable mistakes). We got a win, and yay team. We still squeaked it out.

I'm just glad we have a guy on the roster who isn't walking around hopelessly waiting for the next opportunity to fail. We've had plenty of that in the past. Let's enjoy football being fun, win, lose or tie.

Nailed it. If your QB isn't confident the team lacks confidence. Period. You could actually see the difference in how the team played when Foles got benched and Minshew came in. It was like night and day. Part of Minshews magic is his confidence.

(12-16-2019, 12:58 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote: So Minshew has half as many 4th Q comebacks in like 1/5 of the starts
or something like that?

Yep, but the point is, any QB can have some game winning drives. Doesn't mean they are "the future".

QBs that consistently have them on bad teams are definitely the Future.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't know from moxie. But that video with him talking about the game not being over "until we say it's over" and the look in his teammates faces was awesome. Can't picture Foles or Bortles saying anything like that.

In case you didn't see it.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/12063...05280?s=09
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-16-2019, 12:58 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote: So Minshew has half as many 4th Q comebacks in like 1/5 of the starts
or something like that?

My point is don't use Bortles as some sort of measuring stick period.

Minshew has ice in his veins. And led that comeback yesterday with the NFLs equivalent of a JV squad.
Build around him properly and there is no reason he can't be "the future" he's already shown so much as a 6th round rookie with mostly trash around him on both sides of the ball.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 03:43 PM by mal234.)

Looking at the video of Gardner talking to the players in the locker room, you can tell they like and respect him. Not only the offensive players but the defensive players. I have seen Gardner on multiple occasions hanging around/bonding with/encouraging defensive players. I've seen him do it with Josh Allen, AJ Bouye, Calais Campbell, and now Yan. He's done it before, during and after games. The mic'ed up/sideline/game day videos the Jags put up weekly catches some of these moments.

Some QB's (and who knows maybe a lot) don't really interact with their defensive players like that. I've seen multiple players come out and say they've been on teams where the offense/defensive players don't really interact much. Which could be a factor in why there are defensive players don't seem to really care much about their QB's. (In addition to big factors like the QB not playing well, feeling they have to carry too much of a burden as a result of that). And might act shady towards them at times.

Heck, even really talented/accomplished QB's like Russell Wilson, have had to deal with situations where the defensive players on the team didn't seem to care much for them. But I think that if a QB interacts with his defensive players and treats them well, that could really benefit him. It could definitely make them play harder for him/the team. And be more willing to step up and be willing to carry him if he has games where he's struggling.

(12-16-2019, 03:13 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I don't know from moxie. But that video with him talking about the game not being over "until we say it's over" and the look in his teammates faces was awesome. Can't picture Foles or Bortles saying anything like that.

In case you didn't see it.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/12063...05280?s=09

Oh, I can picture Bortles or Foles saying it, but the team is standing behind them considering whether they need to pick up milk or eggs from Publix on the way home from the game.

Gardner minshew is the man, and every player on this team knows it.

(12-17-2019, 09:40 AM)Mikey Wrote: Oh, I can picture Bortles or Foles saying it, but the team is standing behind them considering whether they need to pick up milk or eggs from Publix on the way home from the game.

I picture Foles or Bortles saying something generic like "Ok guys, great game, way to hang in there. Let's get another one next week. Team on 3 ready...TEAM!"

Teammates barely paying attention.

Anyway, I'm not convinced Minshew is The Guy but he's definitely got more leadership in him then all our previous half dozen starting QBs combined.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

LOL @ Foles face when Minshew says a wordy dird
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]