Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew is 5-5 in games he's started.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2019, 03:05 PM by NCJag.)

(12-16-2019, 04:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:40 PM)Legal American Wrote: Umm, maybe I'm just crazy but as a fan watching the game, I NEVER felt the same level of hope watching Bortles play as I do watching Minshew.  I also could be wrong, but I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out like we were tonight.  With Bortles, a 1 point lead for the other team was safe.

I'm not comparing Bortles's game to Minshew"s. Just saying that there is too much overreaction here. 

[Image: 1576484110-capture.png]

For examplen, we were down 13-0 at the start of the 4th Vs the Bears. Bortles throw a 54 yards TD to Benn to win the game.

Once again, nothing against Minshew, but it's a little to early to say that this guy is a Franchise QB or the best QB in Jaguars history.

You know. Benjamin Disraeli said, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

The Giants game:  That was more the defenses forcing 2 turnovers for TDs and the Giants just going goofy, although Blake did keep it alive for two scrambles to kick the game winner.  He sure as hell didn't do it with his arm.

The Baltimore game:  Did BORTLES lead that comeback? Even the league admitted the erred on that, saying they should've flagged for a false start. Bortles ran around like an idiot, tripped, and then Dumervil GIFTED 15 free yards and a free play for Myers of all people to kick us to the win.

The Bills game: The defense staked the team to a 27-3 lead and led 27-13 at half time and did NOTHING after the half. Blake threw a pick 6 which required some sort of heroics to even HAVE a game winning drive. This should've been gift wrapped as the Bills started E.J. Manuel that game over Tyrod Taylor who was nursing an injury.

The Bears game: Gotta hand this one to a more heads up play on Benn than Blake.  Arrelious slid into the catch then realized no one touched him, and got up and sprinted untouched into the end zone. Blake was also strip sacked on the Jags 28 late in the fourth when they were trying to drive.

The Chargers game: the game it seems NO ONE wanted to win. Bortles did everything in his POWER to lose this game. My personal favorite: late in the fourth, Bortles throws a pic. First play on offense, Ekeler fumbles and Gip LOOKS like he runs the recover back and scores.  Nope.  Phantom "Down by contact". 3 plays later, Bort throws ANOTHER pic. Somehow, someway, even though he did everything he COULD to lose this game, he gets credit for a Game Winning Drive....even though Bouye sealed it with the OT pic and Lambo drilled the game winner.

The guy did this year in and year out for FIVE YEARS.  Minshew has been here one year.  He's already got three 4th Qtr/GWD (Den/Cincy/Oak) where's he's thrown for 5TDs/0 Picks/ averaging about a 95 rating, scrambled for 75 yards in those games. In those games, he's putting the ball in the receivers hands IN THE END ZONE.  The Denver scramble for Armstead was amazing. HE kept that play alive, looking.  He's not making mistakes.  He's not relying on the other team to GIFT an opportunity to have a game winner (but, thanks Baltimore).  If you look at the games I mentioned above (FIVE games): Blake had 7TDs/5 Picks/averaged a 74 rating and scrambled for 125 yards. Sure, it's too soon to anoint Gardner as THE ONE, but my GOD....he gives us a chance to WIN.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-17-2019, 03:04 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: I'm not comparing Bortles's game to Minshew"s. Just saying that there is too much overreaction here. 

For examplen, we were down 13-0 at the start of the 4th Vs the Bears. Bortles throw a 54 yards TD to Benn to win the game.

Once again, nothing against Minshew, but it's a little to early to say that this guy is a Franchise QB or the best QB in Jaguars history.

The Giants game:  That was more the defenses forcing 2 turnovers for TDs and the Giants just going goofy, although Blake did keep it alive for two scrambles to kick the game winner.  He sure as hell didn't do it with his arm.

The Baltimore game:  Did BORTLES lead that comeback? Even the league admitted the erred on that, saying they should've flagged for a false start. Bortles ran around like an idiot, tripped, and then Dumervil GIFTED 15 free yards and a free play for Myers of all people to kick us to the win.

The Bills game: The defense staked the team to a 27-3 lead and led 27-13 at half time and did NOTHING after the half. Blake threw a pick 6 which required some sort of heroics to even HAVE a game winning drive. This should've been gift wrapped as the Bills started E.J. Manuel that game over Tyrod Taylor who was nursing an injury.

The Bears game: Gotta hand this one to a more heads up play on Benn than Blake.  Arrelious slid into the catch then realized no one touched him, and got up and sprinted untouched into the end zone. Blake was also strip sacked on the Jags 28 late in the fourth when they were trying to drive.

The Chargers game: the game it seems NO ONE wanted to win. Bortles did everything in his POWER to lose this game. My personal favorite: late in the fourth, Bortles throws a pic. First play on offense, Ekeler fumbles and Gip LOOKS like he runs the recover back and scores.  Nope.  Phantom "Down by contact". 3 plays later, Bort throws ANOTHER pic. Somehow, someway, even though he did everything he COULD to lose this game, he gets credit for a Game Winning Drive....even though Bouye sealed it with the OT pic and Lambo drilled the game winner.

The guy did this year in and year out for FIVE YEARS.  Minshew has been here one year.  He's already got three 4th Qtr/GWD (Den/Cincy/Oak) where's he's thrown for 5TDs/0 Picks/ averaging about a 95 rating, scrambled for 75 yards in those games. In those games, he's putting the ball in the receivers hands IN THE END ZONE.  The Denver scramble for Armstead was amazing. HE kept that play alive, looking.  He's not making mistakes.  He's not relying on the other team to GIFT an opportunity to have a game winner (but, thanks Baltimore).  If you look at the games I mentioned above (FIVE games): Blake had 7TDs/5 Picks/averaged a 74 rating and scrambled for 125 yards. Sure, it's too soon to anoint Gardner as THE ONE, but my GOD....he gives us a chance to WIN.
But, all those facts don't fit the narrative!

The eye test is all I need. Minshew passes it. Bortles was horrific most of the time.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Yeah, I must've missed Bortles-Mania and all those historic 4th quarter drives his rookie season and the t-shirts and fans with signs saying "Blake Bortles, please marry me!"
Minshew is outplaying all the rookie QB's drafted in the 1st round last year and most of the ones from past years and he's doing it with a depleted roster and a lame duck coaching staff too.
I'll swear, there is a "Corky Contingent" on this board that just can't accept what's obvious to everyone else. Again, come with a 1st Round pedigree and no one is playing naysayer.

(12-17-2019, 04:26 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Yeah, I must've missed Bortles-Mania and all those historic 4th quarter drives his rookie season and the t-shirts and fans with signs saying "Blake Bortles, please marry me!"
Minshew is outplaying all the rookie QB's drafted in the 1st round last year and most of the ones from past years and he's doing it with a depleted roster and a lame duck coaching staff too.
I'll swear, there is a "Corky Contingent" on this board that just can't accept what's obvious to everyone else. Again, come with a 1st Round pedigree and no one is playing naysayer.

Im officially stealing "Corky Contingent".....that is gold.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(12-17-2019, 04:48 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 04:26 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Yeah, I must've missed Bortles-Mania and all those historic 4th quarter drives his rookie season and the t-shirts and fans with signs saying "Blake Bortles, please marry me!"

I think I used to go to school with Corky....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-17-2019, 04:48 PM)NCJag Wrote:

I think disparaging people with down syndrome is pretty [BLEEP] lame, personally. 

I also think that comparing certain members of this board to a TV character with down syndrome is incredibly unfair to to people with down syndrome.

(12-17-2019, 04:10 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 03:04 PM)NCJag Wrote: You know. Benjamin Disraeli said, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

But, all those facts don't fit the narrative!

The eye test is all I need. Minshew passes it. Bortles was horrific most of the time.
All I know is Minshew has yet to schtoink one off his lineman's helmet or calf and have it turn into a pick 6

(12-16-2019, 04:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: I'm not comparing Bortles's game to Minshew"s. Just saying that there is too much overreaction here. 

Great post!  It’s good to have some context  as to what’s behind the statistics . Well said.

(12-17-2019, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 04:48 PM)NCJag Wrote: Im officially stealing "Corky Contingent".....that is gold.

I think disparaging people with down syndrome is pretty [BLEEP] lame, personally. 

I also think that comparing certain members of this board to a TV character with down syndrome is incredibly unfair to to people with down syndrome.

So much fun at parties....

I hope the Jags win the rest of their games, and Minshew looks great doing it. The Atlanta game looks tough, but I think the Jags can beat Indy at home.

(12-17-2019, 05:05 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think disparaging people with down syndrome is pretty [BLEEP] lame, personally. 

Right on cue.

(12-17-2019, 05:05 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think disparaging people with down syndrome is pretty [BLEEP] lame, personally. 

I learned a long time ago not to take life too seriously. No one makes it out alive anyway.....

(12-17-2019, 05:00 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 04:10 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: But, all those facts don't fit the narrative!

All I know is Minshew has yet to schtoink one off his lineman's helmet or calf and have it turn into a pick 6

Well all I know is Blake Bortles help win two playoff games and went toe-to-toe with Tom Brady because miss you haven't done that yet or beat a team with a QB that matters at this point of his career. I want Gardner Minshew to have a great career with this team just like the next person but my God some of y'all go overboard with y'all praise for him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-17-2019, 05:31 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 05:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: All I know is Minshew has yet to schtoink one off his lineman's helmet or calf and have it turn into a pick 6

Well all I know is Blake Bortles help win two playoff games and went toe-to-toe with Tom Brady because miss you haven't done that yet or beat a team with a QB that matters at this point of his career. I want Gardner Minshew to have a great career with this team just like the next person but my God some of y'all go overboard with y'all praise for him.
Might want to go back and check those 2 playoff wins. Didn’t crack 100 passing yards against the Bills and didn’t play that well against the Steelers.

Blake isn’t a good QB my man. No mater how you wanna spin it.

Can you at least read ? I  was saying "I'm not comparing Bortles to Minshew"...but nice try.

Can we also find excuses for the Minshew game winning drives like you did for Bortles ? 

Bengals : congratulations, a win against the worst team in the NFL is quite a feat...15/32, rating 84, and 6 points at halftime. We were down 9-10 at the start of the 4th. He throw a pass to Conley for 10 yards, but Conley ran for 35 yards after the catch...
Then Myles Jack gets an INT. Minshew is almost intercepted on 3th and 7. It's a 3 and out...
Then Yannick gets a pick 6. Score is 24-10. 
Not sure how you can say that Minshew was having a winning drive on this one...

Raiders : thanks to the refs. Carr was down and the clock should have not been stopped at 2:05.
Then the kicker miss a FG.
And if you watch the last drive, the whole Raiders secondary was 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The Conley slant route was a great example. He was WIDE OPEN at the 35 yards line and ran for 15 yards after the catch. Then you have Dion Jordan doing was he does the best : a mistake. flag, gain of 10 yards. Thanks Dion. The TD pass was great though.

Denver : well, the last drive was great, with some very good throws. But I see that you like to say that Bortles didn't throw a lot of TD passes in his game winning drives. Remember that Lambo drilled the game winner Vs Denver right ? 

The chart about BB winning drives was because someone said " I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out ". 
Even Gabbert has 7 GWD, Geno Smith 7, Chad Henne 5 ! It doesn't mean they are great QBs.

I like Minshew, don't get me wrong. But this fan base is so desperate to have a good QB after the Gabbert and Bortles experiments, that any average QB that can throw a football is welcomed has a Franchise QB.

(12-17-2019, 05:47 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 03:04 PM)NCJag Wrote: You know. Benjamin Disraeli said, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Can you at least read ? I  was saying "I'm not comparing Bortles to Minshew"...but nice try.

Can we also find excuses for the Minshew game winning drives like you did for Bortles ? 

Bengals : congratulations, a win against the worst team in the NFL is quite a feat...15/32, rating 84, and 6 points at halftime. We were down 9-10 at the start of the 4th. He throw a pass to Conley for 10 yards, but Conley ran for 35 yards after the catch...
Then Myles Jack gets an INT. Minshew is almost intercepted on 3th and 7. It's a 3 and out...
Then Yannick gets a pick 6. Score is 24-10. 
Not sure how you can say that Minshew was having a winning drive on this one...

Raiders : thanks to the refs. Carr was down and the clock should have not been stopped at 2:05.
Then the kicker miss a FG.
And if you watch the last drive, the whole Raiders secondary was 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The Conley slant route was a great example. He was WIDE OPEN at the 35 yards line and ran for 15 yards after the catch. Then you have Dion Jordan doing was he does the best : a mistake. flag, gain of 10 yards. Thanks Dion. The TD pass was great though.

Denver : well, the last drive was great, with some very good throws. But I see that you like to say that Bortles didn't throw a lot of TD passes in his game winning drives. Remember that Lambo drilled the game winner Vs Denver right ? 

The chart about BB winning drives was because someone said " I can't recall Bortles ever having a game where he led us on a comeback in the 4th quarter from being down and out ". 
Even Gabbert has 7 GWD, Geno Smith 7, Chad Henne 5 ! It doesn't mean they are great QBs.

I like Minshew, don't get me wrong. But this fan base is so desperate to have a good QB after the Gabbert and Bortles experiments, that any average QB that can throw a football is welcomed has a Franchise QB.

Sensitive much? No where did I drag you into this. I just used the stats you posted to delve deeper into it. I dont think Minshew is a franchise QB. I even said so.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2019, 06:34 PM by Newton.)

Minshew passes the eye test. Do we think any other rookie QB would have been more effective here? It’s not like this is an all word team propping him up. They have been blown out in every game he didn’t start.

(12-17-2019, 06:34 PM)Newton Wrote: Minshew passes the eye test. Do we think any other rookie QB would have been more effective here? It’s not like this is an all world team propping him up. They have been blown out in every game he didn’t start.

(12-17-2019, 04:48 PM)NCJag Wrote: Im officially stealing "Corky Contingent".....that is gold.

I plead ignorance.  I'm still in the dark.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 10:24 AM by Mikey.)

the ghost of Jason Mendoza is so ticked off right now....

+2

(12-18-2019, 09:07 AM)Rico Wrote:

I plead ignorance.  I'm still in the dark.

Yeah... I dunno what the whole Corky thing is about... I thought someone was referring to Corky Romano