Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - Now back to #7

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 10:27 PM by Upper.)

(12-29-2019, 10:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 10:04 PM)Upper Wrote: And it's moot now anyway since we're drafting 9th.

Brown and Wills Jr will be gone, so I guess the hope now is Simmons.

If we take Simmons, that means we intend on keeping Jack at MLB, because Simmons is a lanky, coverage WLB. That doesn't help at all. We need a stout, run stuffing MLB, so Jack can move to WLB where he belongs.

If Brown is gone when we pick, I expect to see much more of the same from our run defense. Essentially this NT class consists of Derrick Brown and way below him is everyone else.

I am not factoring in Jack at all. He is merely an extremely expensive paperweight that we have to deal with until the majority of his guaranteed money is gone. There is no proof that he would be good at Will or anywhere else. I am taking the guy that is often compared to a unicorn and not losing an ounce of sleep.

Messages In This Thread
RE: After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - by Caldrac - 12-16-2019, 07:25 AM
After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - by Caldrac - 12-16-2019, 08:41 AM
RE: After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - by Kane - 12-16-2019, 12:02 PM
RE: After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - by Upper - 12-16-2019, 03:00 PM
RE: After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - by Upper - 12-16-2019, 08:53 PM
RE: After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - Now back to #7 - by Upper - 12-29-2019, 10:26 PM