Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA wins grievance case and slams Jaguars management

(12-16-2019, 08:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 06:23 PM)Upper Wrote: I mean, it's already kind whack that players get drafted to cities against their will and are forced to spend 4-5 or more seasons in that city. It would be beyond that if they also had to spend their entire offseasons in that city too.

Nobody forces players into the draft and players don't sign contracts against their will.  If a player puts himself into the draft and isn't happy with the team that drafted him he's free to not sign a contract and not enter the NFL.  Nothing is "against their will".
Yep. John Elway pulled his stunt with the clots back in the day. Eli Manning essentially pulled his too but got his way early thanks to his family name.

That's the point of the draft though. If players had a say where they played every year we would essentially have a Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers set up in the NFL like the NBA has or had for a long stretch of seasons.

No thanks. It gets boring quick. Bad enough with New England. Imagine having 4 of those teams over the last 20 years with players picking and choosing. It would be Dallas, L.A, Miami & New York owning everybody.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 08:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Once again proving that Tom Coughlin has no idea how to deal with players in today's NFL.
[Image: tumblr_m0862xXB891qgf5wso1_400.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 08:46 PM by Upper.)

(12-16-2019, 08:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 08:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Nobody forces players into the draft and players don't sign contracts against their will.  If a player puts himself into the draft and isn't happy with the team that drafted him he's free to not sign a contract and not enter the NFL.  Nothing is "against their will".
Yep. John Elway pulled his stunt with the clots back in the day. Eli Manning essentially pulled his too but got his way early thanks to his family name.

That's the point of the draft though. If players had a say where they played every year we would essentially have a Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers set up in the NFL like the NBA has or had for a long stretch of seasons.

No thanks. It gets boring quick. Bad enough with New England. Imagine having 4 of those teams over the last 20 years with players picking and choosing. It would be Dallas, L.A, Miami & New York owning everybody.

That's why you get rid of the rookie pay scale and make the salary cap harder to get around at the same time as you get rid of the draft. Players wouldn't choose a couple of million from the cap strapped Cowboys when the cap flush Colts are offering them 20 mil or similar.

Also, lots of very average and undistinguished people telling on themselves the last couple of pages.

(12-16-2019, 08:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 08:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. John Elway pulled his stunt with the clots back in the day. Eli Manning essentially pulled his too but got his way early thanks to his family name.

That's why you get rid of the rookie pay scale and make the salary cap harder to get around at the same time as you get rid of the draft. Players wouldn't choose a couple of million from the cap strapped Cowboys when the cap flush Colts are offering them 20 mil or similar.

Also, lots of very average and undistinguished people telling on themselves the last couple of pages.

The exposure the nfl gets during the off-season from the draft makes this highly unlikely to ever happen.

(12-16-2019, 08:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 08:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Nobody forces players into the draft and players don't sign contracts against their will.  If a player puts himself into the draft and isn't happy with the team that drafted him he's free to not sign a contract and not enter the NFL.  Nothing is "against their will".

But when Ramsey forces a teams hand.... ah never mind.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 09:09 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-16-2019, 08:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 08:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. John Elway pulled his stunt with the clots back in the day. Eli Manning essentially pulled his too but got his way early thanks to his family name.

But when Ramsey forces a teams hand.... ah never mind.
Clearly the front office is dysfunctional. There's been clear indications of that. Especially now.

There's also been times where the front office had it's fair reasons to be hard on Fournette and Ramsey.

Fournette was pretty shaky his first two years here. He missed team photos, regular season meetings as a rookie. Threw punches last year in Buffalo.

He seems to be maturing this year. Ramsey on the other hand? Just can't contain that level of ego. Even the players called him out on that after the trade.

No matter how bad it gets. A contract is a contract. And a teammate is a teammate. Ramsey voided both when he decided to act the way he did and put his hands on Marrone on the sideline.

It's a two way street. Ramsey was wrong. Fournette was wrong. Coughlin was wrong. Nobody is innocent here. However. Coughlin's actions and now this all being aired out publicly paints a better picture for everybody who was wondering about the who's, the how's and why's.

He's the focal point now. And rightfully so.

[Image: 25bb89972cf47465b7bc0868fee2c574.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-16-2019, 07:32 PM)old_man Wrote: Boo Hoo....

NFL Players are so soft....

Give me a break.

Most of these goof balls wouldn't have made it 15 20 years ago..

Fowler sucks.  Ramsey is a cry baby....some cover corner...giving up 20 yards completions all over the play....

They looked good the other night against the Cowboys...

Comments like this are so ludicrous and asinine.  Who the [BLEEP] cares?  This doesn't [BLEEP] matter in the slightest.

What DOES matter is the fact that our FO, more than ANY OTHER NFL FO, has transgressed the rules to the point that the organization that REPRESENTS ALL THE PLAYERS is advising them NOT TO PLAY HERE.

But sure, whine about the players who seem to have far fewer problems with the other teams in the NFL who apparently understand how not to [BLEEP] all over their employees.

https://twitter.com/vitostellino/status/...5990533120

Minus the last sentence, I think this sums up my thoughts pretty well. As annoyed as I am by TC turning this franchise into a laughing stock, which seems to be focused on driving players away, Shad can't escape blame for allowing this to go on for 2 years. 1/4 of all the grievances in a league of 32 teams came against this organization.

And I'm fairly certain Kahn was funding the defenses in front of these arbitrators, so I find it hard to believe he truly didn't know what was going on.

Regardless of whether you think players are pansies or not, the fact is the Jags are the only organization breaking the rules at such an astronomical pace that the Players Association had to come out and recommend "suggest" players not sign with the organization.

I thought losing the most consecutive games by 17 points was bad, but this might officially be the lowest point in the franchise's history--to me, at least. What a joke.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(12-16-2019, 08:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 06:23 PM)Upper Wrote: I mean, it's already kind whack that players get drafted to cities against their will and are forced to spend 4-5 or more seasons in that city. It would be beyond that if they also had to spend their entire offseasons in that city too.

Nobody forces players into the draft and players don't sign contracts against their will.  If a player puts himself into the draft and isn't happy with the team that drafted him he's free to not sign a contract and not enter the NFL.  Nothing is "against their will".

+1

Ah!  Logic and reason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The game has become too soft for TC. Expect him to step away and spend the rest of his days with family. We’ll miss you Tom.

(12-16-2019, 04:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Rico Wrote: So you're saying they shouldn't take any measures to reduce injuries?  Brilliant.

I'm not defending Coughlin, but TrivialPursuit had a solid point.

Not at all.  

If you think things haven’t progressed significantly in the last 20 years, you’re mad. 

In every way physically.   Next thing someone is going to say the 78 Steelers with a 215 lambert, 260 pound HOF center Webster, etc could hang with say Kelce and Aaron Donald or Chris Jones.  Just no.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2019, 12:28 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

So this settles it then, Tom has run off two solid/very good players and maybe more that would have considered Jax as a decent destination have passed on coming here. Yes, Tom did lure in guys like Campbell, and guys like Dareus said coming to Jax changed his life, etc... The bad far outweighs the good at this point.

Tom, you're a national treasure when it comes to coaching football, but you're done as EVP. Enjoy your life in retirement.

Well ftr I was on Fowler's side the whole time. All these "get off my lawn" posters weren't. You got what you wanted. Enjoy being trash with TC in charge.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(12-17-2019, 12:30 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Well ftr I was on Fowler's side the whole time. All these "get off my lawn" posters weren't. You got what you wanted. Enjoy being trash with TC in charge.

Non of this changes the fact that you are on the side of a dirtbag.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2019, 01:01 AM by MoJagFan.)

(12-16-2019, 11:40 PM)nate Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm not defending Coughlin, but TrivialPursuit had a solid point.

Not at all.  

If you think things haven’t progressed significantly in the last 20 years, you’re mad. 

In every way physically.   Next thing someone is going to say the 78 Steelers with a 215 lambert, 260 pound HOF center Webster, etc could hang with say Kelce and Aaron Donald or Chris Jones.  Just no.

These players today don't have to sell insurance or work construction in the offseason.  And what about this guy, wounded in Vietnam but hey he can't hang with Kelce.

https://www.steelers.com/history/bios/bleier_rocky

You are what you are in the decade you lived.

(12-16-2019, 09:46 PM)LMD Wrote: https://twitter.com/vitostellino/status/...5990533120

Minus the last sentence, I think this sums up my thoughts pretty well. As annoyed as I am by TC turning this franchise into a laughing stock, which seems to be focused on driving players away, Shad can't escape blame for allowing this to go on for 2 years. 1/4 of all the grievances in a league of 32 teams came against this organization.

And I'm fairly certain Kahn was funding the defenses in front of these arbitrators, so I find it hard to believe he truly didn't know what was going on.

Regardless of whether you think players are pansies or not, the fact is the Jags are the only organization breaking the rules at such an astronomical pace that the Players Association had to come out and recommend "suggest" players not sign with the organization.

I thought losing the most consecutive games by 17 points was bad, but this might officially be the lowest point in the franchise's history--to me, at least. What a joke.

This is a huge problem without me giving a flip about the NFLPA.  I can't stand the NFLPA.  Do you really think they want 3 teams in Florida, especially one in Jacksonville?  They want big markets and owners like Jerry and Stan pushing revenues into the salary cap.  Hey that is their job but I don't have to like it.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I wonder how much this had an effect on Yan not accepting the contract offer? Maybe he is determined to leave also. And Telvin?

So here's a stupid and silly little addendum to the story: Ramsey tweeted "Tried to tell y'all."

https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1...3654472704

I think it's safe to say this is not surprising.

The part that gets interesting is Allen Robinson responded with 4 laughing-crying emojis. And tagged former Jags beat writer Mike Kaye, who also retweeted Ramsey's tweet.

https://twitter.com/AllenRobinson/status...2336425984

Kaye then responded to Robinson's tweet with "was waiting for this tbh."

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...4875653120

Does anyone know why Kaye would have beef with TC, or at least care enough for Robinson to specifically tag him in a tweet mocking TC? I know Ryan O' used to fight with basically everyone in the organization, but I thought Kaye kept it professional? (Or, maybe just when compared to Ryan O'?)

Regardless, I'm getting the sinking feeling this arbitration award is going to open the floodgates to a ton of hit-pieces on Coughlin and the franchise, deserved or not. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this media cycle will not be fun for us fans.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

If I was Khan I would be taking a look at my options for slapping the nflpa for that comment at the end. I think the next deal is when I would do it.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.