Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calais Campbell named to Pro Bowl.

No other Jaguar player made it.

Was hoping DJ Chark would have made it, and to me, is having a better season than Jarvis Landry and Tyreke Hill.

I know it's the Pro Bowl and nobody really cares. But thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Surprised Campbell made it. Not sure why Frank Clark made it. I would take Josh Allen and Yannick Ngakoue over him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2019, 11:34 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

I'm surprised Campbell was voted in.

No way should Frank Clark (especially), Jarvis Landry, or Tyreek Hill get in before Allen, Ngakoue, or Chark.

Popular Voting got Campbell in.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I was hoping Chark had a chance, but he plays for the Jaguars so...…...

Lambo is just as deserving as Justin Tucker, but the Ravens record makes all the difference.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Really bothers me that Frank Clark and Nick Bosa got in. While Josh Allen was snubbed.

Josh has played his [BLEEP] off this year and he's shown up just as much on the stat sheet with lesser talent around him.

Nick Bosa is great. But so is that entire defense he plays on. Nearly that entire front four consists of recent top 5, 10 draft picks.

Oh well.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-17-2019, 09:54 PM)High Octane Wrote: No other Jaguar player made it.

Was hoping DJ Chark would have made it, and to me, is having a better season than Jarvis Landry and Tyreke Hill.

Calais is getting in based on his name this year IMO. But I won't complain he has been a leader for this defense and I am glad we have someone repping our D-line as they have been good.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-17-2019, 11:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Really bothers me that Frank Clark and Nick Bosa got in. While Josh Allen was snubbed.

Josh has played his [BLEEP] off this year and he's shown up just as much on the stat sheet with lesser talent around him.

Nick Bosa is great. But so is that entire defense he plays on. Nearly that entire front four consists of recent top 5, 10 draft picks.

Oh well.

Nick Bosa is really good, but damn everyone is hyping him too much. He’s had the DROY honors since week 8, and there’s nothing anyone could do to take it away from him. Allen, if I’m not mistaken, has been doubled more often and has a higher win rate. He also doesn’t get as many obvious passing downs since the Jags are always playing behind. 

Bosa has 665 defensive downs played. 
Allen has 560 defensive downs played. 

Imagine where he’d be 100 more snaps. That’s about 2.5 more games considering Allen’s 40-per-game average.

(12-17-2019, 11:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Really bothers me that Frank Clark and Nick Bosa got in. While Josh Allen was snubbed.

Oh well.

I agree, Josh Allen is having a great year. Happy for Calais, he deserves something positive from this season.

But like others have said, I think Calais is more of a name than Allen at the moment.

You guys wanting Chark in are dreaming. He’s had a breakout year but not pro bowl worthy.

Campbell making it is a huge surprise.

But I tell you what....Lambo got robbed!!!!

(12-18-2019, 06:22 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You guys wanting Chark in are dreaming. He’s had a breakout year but not pro bowl worthy.

Tyreek Hill : 49 rec, 727 yards, 7 TD
DJ Chark : 67 rec, 956 yards, 8 TD

[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-18-2019, 07:48 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 06:22 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You guys wanting Chark in are dreaming. He’s had a breakout year but not pro bowl worthy.

Tyreek Hill : 49 rec, 727 yards, 7 TD

Let's be fair Tyreek Hill missed six weeks as well with the thumb injury

For some reason, voters always seem to look at last season's stats to pick players for the Pro Bowl instead of looking at their current stats. I don't get it? I voted for Allen, Chark and Lambo and based on what they have done this season, they should have been voted in.

(12-18-2019, 08:00 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 07:48 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Tyreek Hill : 49 rec, 727 yards, 7 TD

Oops that's right. Nevermind.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 10:35 AM by Mikey.)

(12-17-2019, 09:54 PM)High Octane Wrote: No other Jaguar player made it.

Baltimore had half their franchise make it.

If they make it to the SB, there are going to be a TON of spots open. I have a feeling, especially if the ankle heals well, he'll be in as an alternate. Same with Allen or Ngakoue, maybe both.

We may be able to sneak Lambo in, too.

I hope some of these guys have incentives met by making the Prob Owl, always good to get them bonuses!

He's also a living, breathing piece of excrement, but people still voted for him. I guess they were afraid of him, as they ought to be.

I’d take Chark over Hill. 

Hill is still only averaging a couple more YPG despite having one of the best QBs in the NFL. Kansas City is a pass-oriented offense, and Hill gets more opportunities than Chark. I think we’re underestimating Chark and how well he’s done this year.

Missing 6 weeks should be counted against him for the Pro Bowl though.

Honestly the fans should not have a vote. Other than maybe like a last guy in type thing.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Nah. If Vinatieri is the GOAT, Tucker is like the kid--probably going to grow up to be the GOAT. A few clutch playoff kicks and he's on that level. Lambo is one hell of a kicker, but Tucker is like what happens if God grabs a lump of clay and says, "Let there be field goals."

(12-19-2019, 01:09 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Honestly the fans should not have a vote. Other than maybe like a last guy in type thing.

Didn't they change the weighting a while back so that the fan vote is much less important? In any event, I'll never complain about Calais making it. He's a pro's all-pro.

Might as well get used to it now; Josh Allen is gonna get snubbed for DROY even though he has better stats then Bosa