Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This stat will blow your mind (Norwell)

(12-19-2019, 08:14 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes hated on too much. Thing with him is then he loses, he loses bad. Hes one of only 2 starting quality line man on out team. I'm willing to give taylor another year to develop but hes been bad. Cann obviously is a waste of space. And cam is probably the worst starting LT in the league. Gotta draft or sign a LT and kick cam into RG and our o line would be average at worst. So its not that big of a fix.

Both Cann and Robinson were good as rookies. Robinson held his own while the Jags set a team record for fewest sacks in 2017, and most of us expected him to become a solid fixture at LT. Cann gave up zero(!) sacks his rookie year and looked like a solid fixture at OG. Both were drafted with development in mind but forced to start, so they both had a full rookie year where we could evaluate them.

Neither one has played as well as they did as rookies. Add Joeckel, Linder, and Bowanko as players who have declined after playing well as rookies, and Norwell and Beadles who were Pro Bowlers before coming here, only to suck as Jags. What does that say about our coaching staff?

I know most of you want Caldwell gone, but it looks to me as if he brought some very good offensive linemen to the Jags, only to have them ruined.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: giphy.gif]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We led the league in rushing back in 2017 with a worse oline.

(12-18-2019, 11:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Of all the AFC Guards, Indianapolis Colts’ Guard - Quenton Nelson is 2nd in pass-block battles, and he earned a Pro Bowl nod with 321.

Guess who is first among AFC Guards.....Andrew Norwell!

Norwell has won an AFC high 348 pass block plays among Guards.

Per ESPN

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Stupified.

Mind=blown

(12-19-2019, 10:04 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 08:14 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes hated on too much. Thing with him is then he loses, he loses bad. Hes one of only 2 starting quality line man on out team. I'm willing to give taylor another year to develop but hes been bad. Cann obviously is a waste of space. And cam is probably the worst starting LT in the league. Gotta draft or sign a LT and kick cam into RG and our o line would be average at worst. So its not that big of a fix.

Both Cann and Robinson were good as rookies. Robinson held his own while the Jags set a team record for fewest sacks in 2017, and most of us expected him to become a solid fixture at LT. Cann gave up zero(!) sacks his rookie year and looked like a solid fixture at OG. Both were drafted with development in mind but forced to start, so they both had a full rookie year where we could evaluate them.

Neither one has played as well as they did as rookies. Add Joeckel, Linder, and Bowanko as players who have declined after playing well as rookies, and Norwell and Beadles who were Pro Bowlers before coming here, only to suck as Jags. What does that say about our coaching staff?

I know most of you want Caldwell gone, but it looks to me as if he brought some very good offensive linemen to the Jags, only to have them ruined.

Oh please. To have an offensive line this has for so long is a FO and coaching staff problem.

Y'all love to make the dumbest excuses for Caldwell

I feel that Cann is our weak link to which Richardson is an better fit at RG. Just my personal opinion. Our line is young at the tackle positions and seasoned in the middle. Make said changes and roll w/it, literally.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

The wiffs are either him or Linder.

(12-21-2019, 08:04 AM)NH3 Wrote: I feel that Cann is our weak link to which Richardson is an better fit at RG. Just my personal opinion. Our line is young at the tackle positions and seasoned in the middle. Make said changes and roll w/it, literally.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Cann has been the clear weak link for a few years now, but unfortunately a returning-from-injury Robinson has been a close second this season (and Cann has been trending upward a little bit in response to competition.) 

It's hard to know if part of Robinson's struggles can be attributed to being freshly back from ACL surgery, but the Jags absolutely should give him competition at LT this offseason and let the best man win. The loser can either upgrade a guard spot, become depth or be traded if value presents itself.

Feel like I've been saying this for years, but Cann has lasted as long as he has by sheer circumstance. With all our other issues we've had, we just never brought in competition for his spot. Cann is actually the last interior lineman we've drafted. I think he has always been replaceable, we just haven't brought in anyone who could do it.

Philosophically though, I've always thought too much emphasis gets placed on lineman that are super strong, physically dominating, how many pancake blocks they have, etc... All that is great, but consistency seems far more important. A guy who physically dominates 90% of the time but whiffs 10% is a liability. I don't think you need a guy who drives his defender 10 yards back. A guy who consistently just gets in the way of the dlineman seems like a more valuable player to me.

RG has been the weakest link on our offense for years. Just think if we had a guy like Yanda. Or hell if we had Linder there and drafted Biadasz. I feel Biadasz is the best offensive lineman in the draft. He's my top guy for our 2nd 1st round pick with Delpit a close 2nd

One of the posters stated that Taylor is bad. I keep hearing from most of the knowledgeable guys (like Demsey, Searcy) that Taylor's doing pretty well. They speculate on whether to move him to LT and move Robinson to LG

(12-22-2019, 10:16 AM)newporttom Wrote: One of the posters stated that Taylor is bad. I keep hearing from most of the knowledgeable guys (like Demsey, Searcy) that Taylor's doing pretty well. They speculate on whether to move him to LT and move Robinson to LG

Well who you gonna believe, a guy who thinks a rookie tackle is a bust after 10 games or anyone else on the face of the Earth?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-22-2019, 10:16 AM)newporttom Wrote: One of the posters stated that Taylor is bad. I keep hearing from most of the knowledgeable guys (like Demsey, Searcy) that Taylor's doing pretty well. They speculate on whether to move him to LT and move Robinson to LG

Yeah, I'm not worried about Taylor.  I think he'll take a step in year two. I think I'd rather draft a stud LT than move Taylor, but I think we must give Robinson strong competition at the very least.

Norwell whiffed it up again today.

(12-22-2019, 10:50 PM)surfon Wrote: Norwell whiffed it up again today.

Is it a consistent whiffing or is it situational? If it's consistent across the board then I would definitely be concerned. If it's situational then it's a weakness he needs to work on. If he cares to.

I don't know but that sack he allowed look ugly. Like he was just standing there.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-22-2019, 11:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't know but that sack he allowed look ugly.  Like he was just standing there.

The worst part about it was that Minshew looked like he’d avoided the sack only for a Norwell to push him back into the defender.