Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Flash forward

Flash forward 10 days to 12/30/2019.  Somehow, someway the Jags gut through the season and finish 7-9.  Given everything that happened this year: Telvin disappearing, losing Foles 1 qtr into the season, Minshew mania, the Ramsey drama, ALL the injuries at LB and TE, the NFLPA grievances, Coughlin getting sacked, Foles crapping the bed and Minshew coming back in: what would you grade finishing the season 7-9?  Good? Bad? About what you expected?  I know a lot of people were predicting 6-10/7-9 anyway but MAN....what a crazy season it's been.  I'm on board with a house cleaning but if SOMEHOW, Marrone can get this team to finish 7-9....maybe he SHOULD come back. Definitely get rid of Wash and bring a new DC in, but.....what say yall?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sweep every corner of the house. 4 - 4 starts shouldn't free fall into a 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 finish.

The penalties, blown assignments, failures on 3rd downs and redzone attempts should primarily fall on the coaching staff.

This franchise needs a clean break. Marrone is a holdover from Bradley. Caldwell is a holdover from Khan's first attempt at hiring as an owner.

It's just time. There's some hopefuls on this roster. A better staff and scouting department could work with them and build around it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wouldn't be shocked if it happened that way, and I would support Marrone and the team as long as I could stand to again. I like the guy and think he's a pretty good leader of men.
However, when the most critical stretch of games came up, we proceeded to get blown out in 5 straight. To me, that defines the season as much as anything and is cause to fire everyone to start with a new vision.

Leading the league in penalties is too much for me to stomach, personally.
I’m ready to see a more forward thinking staff in Jacksonville.
I like Marrone, but I don’t feel he’s getting the best performance possible from his players often enough and his stubbornness in terms of strategy is becoming outdated in the current state of the league.

There has been an overall lack of discipline on this team since Marrone took over that's resulted in inconsistent performances and way to many penalties. He's also shown a penchant to be conservative offensively although Flip has helped in that department. I think the team needs to make a clean sweep. I would be ok with Caldwell staying of the three I guess but really it's time for him to move on too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

There's a natural tendency to be all high and giddy about wins and all depressed and angry after losses, and I hope we guard against having those feelings creep into the evaluation of the coaching staff and the front office. Even if we win the last 2 games, we still need to look at the season as a whole, see what they say that is credible about fixing things, and make a calm, reasoned judgment about whether anyone should continue in their job.

No. I want them all gone. Marrone has had enough time to prove himself and he has failed. The season has been a failure, even if we do finish 7-9. That's still below .500.

(12-20-2019, 10:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Sweep every corner of the house. 4 - 4 starts shouldn't free fall into a 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 finish.

The penalties, blown assignments, failures on 3rd downs and redzone attempts should primarily fall on the coaching staff.

This franchise needs a clean break. Marrone is a holdover from Bradley. Caldwell is a holdover from Khan's first attempt at hiring as an owner.

It's just time. There's some hopefuls on this roster. A better staff and scouting department could work with them and build around it.  

I think that is one of the biggest things for me in NOT wanting him to come back.  Marrone is a lineman. This line has been downright horrendous this year, and they've had STABILITY this year, unlike years past. Has Norwell/Linder/Taylor even missed a snap? They couldn't settle on Cann/Richardson for the longest. Holding, false starts.....as someone who spent his entire career as a lineman and then TEACHING lineman...this is inexcusable.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Caldwell stays. New coaches are hired who can actually develop the talent he brings in.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Seems like many players are glad TC is gone. Last weeks game, I saw some players make a play and run back giving a hug to some of the coaches. With speculation that the coaches would all be gone it kinda made me think the players didn’t mind the coaches. It almost seemed weird. But now that players are posting on social media after TC firing, makes me wonder. Do they play harder these last two weeks? Was Coughlin that much of a cancer? Idk. I do agree penalties/discipline were a huge factor the last few years. If Marrone stayed, I don’t think I’d be too upset. But he’d get only one more year in my opinion to prove Coughlin was interfering too much. But, if he goes, well I most certainly wouldn’t lose sleep either way.

Marrone should of been left in NE after that complete chokejob.

I don't care if we win the last two games by a combined 147 points.

Marrone should be gone.

(12-20-2019, 02:39 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I don't care if we win the last two games by a combined 147 points.

Marrone should be gone.

Should he yell "GERONIMO!" on the way out of the stadium on the 29th?

In this case I think the record would be fool's gold. I'd rather look at our point differential, and complete a honest self-assessment of the roster health, which in particular, this front office seems really bad at. 

Great time to completely clean house. Lots of picks and some stability going forward can do a lot in the next few seasons.

(12-20-2019, 10:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Sweep every corner of the house. 4 - 4 starts shouldn't free fall into a 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 finish.

This

2 seasons in a row its been a collapse and our play has been poor. We haven't fixed what wasnt working the first few games and weve played awful football a lot of times this year.

My hope is if Khan decided in the Fall to move on from Coughlin, hes had time to look for who and what he wants as a GM