Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What do you want to see?
Keep Both
Fire Caldwell, Keep Marrone
Fire Marrone, Keep Caldwell
Fire Both
[Show Results]

Poll: What do you want to see happen regarding GM and HC?

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 10:51 AM by JagJohn.)

Thought it would be interesting to see what results this throws up on here.

Personally, I'm in the "clean break" camp. Get rid of all, there are too many members of staff here that have been through too much failure with this franchise. Clean house, even if it means potentially losing some talented football people.

If I did have to choose a different option, it would be to keep Caldwell, IF Khan had a strong feeling that Caldwell is not to blame for the last two years of failure... It's a big if.

As for Marrone, I like the guy, but this team looks so unprepared sometimes and the penalties are unforgivable. That has to fall on the coach, right?

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Khan decides to give them both the next year to have one last chance to clean up the mess, largely for the reason that after next season it may be a better time for radical changes. We should know for sure if we have something in Minshew, which would change how we would move forward.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would fire them both. I get that it’s easy to pin the grievances on TC but everyone else was in the building. Also the team has a ton of penalties. That is on the coach.

The only way I would agree to keep both is if Marrone committed to firing Wash and defensive staff and installing a new scheme AND finding a real OL coach.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 03:11 PM by Minshew Mania.)

(12-20-2019, 02:59 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: The only way I would agree to keep both is if Marrone committed to firing Wash and defensive staff and installing a new scheme AND finding a real OL coach.

This

I want both back. I don't think either was the issue. Caldwell is a good evaluator of talent, and Marrone is an above average coach. We can (and have in past) done much much worse than both of them. If next year is another flop I think you can them, but I agree they deserve a year without Tom, especially Marrone.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I am ok with giving them one more year if Marrone hires new assistants..
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 04:51 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(12-20-2019, 02:59 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: The only way I would agree to keep both is if Marrone committed to firing Wash and defensive staff and installing a new scheme AND finding a real OL coach.

Agreed.

I still lean towards the "clean house and start fresh" side of things, but I wouldn't be opposed to this situation either.

(12-20-2019, 02:59 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: The only way I would agree to keep both is if Marrone committed to firing Wash and defensive staff and installing a new scheme AND finding a real OL coach.

I agree that Wash is the weak link on this coaching staff, but who is Marrone going to find that's worth a crap that is interested in a one year deal to take over a defense for a lame duck head coach?
I would still support Marrone if it goes down this way, but I fear we would simply be prolonging the agony and postponing the future for another year.  Then again, the next coach may suck even more.

I kinda like Marrone but I'm surprised at the number of people that think he deserves another shot. I think he's had it and if you believe in accountability, doesn't he deserve to go with his assistants?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Marrone HAS to go. Next year he'd be the epitome of a lame duck coach. 

He wouldn't pull any decent assistant coaches or DC's.

I feel like both ought to go, but I could be persuaded to keep Marrone as long as Wash is fired.

I agree we should keep both as long as they agree to become vendors and sell hot dogs in the nose bleeds.

After hearing how the players talk about Marrone, I would be willing to give strong consideration of another year, as long as there are a lot of changes to the defensive coaches and offensive position coaching. Caldwell has largely been a figurehead the last 3 seasons, so would be okay with a change of even keeping him too, as long as the leash is short

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Time for accountability.  The team is the most penalized in the league.  That's on the coach.  Many players have not gotten better under Marrone, they've regressed. 

Caldwell has missed on way too many top 5 draft picks.  Should have been gone long ago.  The team is in a salary cap mess, lacks talent, and it will be at least another 2 years for a rebuild to get competitive. 

The time for half-measures is done.  The team needs a fresh start with a winning culture.  

Hard to say with Caldwell because he was operating under TC's shadow.  We don't really know if the personnel decisions (both good and bad) were all completely his.  I'm inclined to give him another year.

Marrone absolutely has to go.  Way too often the team just looked unprepared and outcoached.  Blown cover assignments, stupid penalties, that onside kick with about 12 minutes to go in the 4th!  At least line up in regular formation and try to fake it!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I can't believe people are actually talking themselves into more half measures.

I want both gone. Time to clean house.

I like crack...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2019, 01:23 AM by Caldrac.)

Fresh start. I want them all gone. Said it countless times already.

Vikings' Paton & Stefanski or Chiefs' Borgonzi & Bieniemy.

You'll either get a physically well rounded offense and defense with the Vikings group or you'll get a spread and speed offense with an interesting defense depending on the hires on that side with the Chiefs group.

Keeping Caldwell & Marrone is a critical mistake that needs to be avoided though. Especially with two 1st RD picks on the line in next year's draft.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Caldwell has to go, I don’t see any treason why we wouldn’t move on from Marrone either.

Caldwell has butchered the personnel department and Marrone is incapable of controlling his players. Coughlin was to far on the Authoritarian rule but damn how many times are we going to accept player outbursts, fights, and stupid penalties?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]