Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars' changes could be limited to Tom Coughlin firing (merged)

Total delusion happening in ownership and front office land. Of course they all want to stay the course. Hahah on us fans. Owner probably doesn't want to pay new staff and still pay current people.

And yeah 2017 was a mirage and looking to be a complete knee cap on the franchise for a decade. Happy freaking New Year. With a leap year my hope is leaping 2020 for my Jags.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well clearly Doug saved his job today. We only got doubled by Atlanta!

The season ticket holder sales will be the bench mark decision maker. If it is announced DC and DM are returning and then Kahn watches those sales plummet, he may revisit the decision. Those sales represent people that are football savy and have the disposable income. One thing Kahn understands is money and if the season ticket holder sales go in the dumper because DC and DM are returning then he might wake up. DC and DM have a couple of years left on their contracts so that may be a factor in his current decision if the talk of them returning is true. However, ticket sales, especially season ticket holders, asking themselves the question on why should I spend another several grand to watch the same on field product, the same one they have had for a decade, they may revisit their purchase.

(12-22-2019, 06:23 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Well clearly Doug saved his job today.  We only got doubled by Atlanta!

Lost by less than 17. Whoo Hoo! Major improvement!

In fairness to the team, the coverage was good but Ryan was putting his passes into very tight windows all game. Even the incompletions were mostly drops. Of course that doesn't excuse the run defense.

We need to get rid of Wash as DC; he's very poor at it. Ideally he would be demoted back to DL coach, something he was very good at, and stay, but that's never going to happen. We also need a competent OL coach; I find in very unlikely that all of the offensive linemen just suck, especially since they all were better earlier in their career (except Taylor of course). If Marrone recognizes this and would bring in some good replacements I think he's a decent head coach otherwise. But I'm pretty sure Marrone was the one who built the current coaching staff, so I have no confidence that he would do a good job of replacing the assistants. That means he needs to go.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(12-22-2019, 06:46 PM)jon2005 Wrote: The season ticket holder sales will be the bench mark decision maker. If it is announced DC and DM are returning and then Kahn watches those sales plummet, he may revisit the decision. Those sales represent people that are football savy and have the disposable income. One thing Kahn understands is money and if the season ticket holder sales go in the dumper because DC and DM are returning then he might wake up. DC and DM have a couple of years left on their contracts so that may be a factor in his current decision if the talk of them returning is true. However, ticket sales, especially season ticket holders, asking themselves the question on why should I spend another several grand to watch the same on field product, the same one they have had for a decade, they may revisit their purchase.

If he does announce they are staying and ticket sales plummet, it may be too late to re-visit the decision to keep them. All the top coaching candidates will probably be gone by then and we'd just end up with another re-tread that no one else wanted. He needs to be smart and dump the coaching staff at least. He needs to do it on black Monday in order to show the fans that he is trying to right this ship. If he keeps everyone, it is basically telling the fans that he doesn't care about how well the team does, as long as he's making money. Fans need to send a message that we won't stand for the status quo.

as long as doug is head coach keep expecting loseing seasons.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I saw a tweet saying Doug Marrone said in his post game conference that he thinks the Jags should of taken more deep shots earlier in the game.

That just blows my mind... ATL were stacking the box a lot, not to mention Minshew seems to be at his best throwing downfield. Why would you want to not only limit what your QB seems to do best, by just throwing short, but also not backing the defense up? I'm so frustrated... like the Jags run so much on first down why do they never seem just do a playaction on first down and go downfield? Maybe that's why I don't coach, because I just don't understand what i'm seeing from the Jags playcalling these past 6 or so weeks.

its inexcusable that this team cant play competitively against a 5-9 team.

(12-22-2019, 07:43 PM)Steve Wrote: I saw a tweet saying Doug Marrone said in his post game conference that he thinks the Jags should of taken more deep shots earlier in the game.

That just blows my mind... ATL were stacking the box a lot, not to mention Minshew seems to be at his best throwing downfield. Why would you want to not only limit what your QB seems to do best, by just throwing short, but also not backing the defense up? I'm so frustrated... like the Jags run so much on first down why do they never seem just do a playaction on first down and go downfield? Maybe that's why I don't coach, because I just don't understand what i'm seeing from the Jags playcalling these past 6 or so weeks.

[Image: 2c16d8119e0a3f4c6063ea4cab5f2968.jpg]

I wonder if Kahn is going to allow Marrone leeway to tailor his staff of coordinators and coaches without TC’s influence. I think Caldwell goes and Marrone stays if his plan for the future satisfies Kahn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never wanted a loss but next week I do just so they will fire Doug and Dave if there is any doubt

This is a 3 envelope issue. When things go bad open envelopes as needed.

1. Blame your predecessor (This one has been opened)
2. Reorganize
3. Prepare 3 envelopes for the next guy

How many have they opened? any guesses?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2019, 08:57 PM by MoJagFan.)

Serious in a presser the HC says awe shucks we should have called different plays? What does this guy do all week?

Shame on us fans if we accept that it was all TC. And screw the story about the stupid clocks. Stop rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic, get to the dang life boats and let Moron go down with the ship.

What is this crap. I am sure Ozone garbage will all be condescending in your face crap as well tomorrow. Quuck alert Boselli to grab his shine box.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If Coughlin is the only coaching/front office change that happens to the Jaguars this offseason, that would be pathetic.

This team plays with no energy. No heart. The coach has to go. The coordinators have to go.

Only way this team improves next season is with new people leading the franchise. If no changes are made, we're looking at another 4-6 win season next year.

No heart, no pride

Only for the paycheck.

In some way, some of those fines may have been justified in return for the half-[BLEEP] plays some of these guys gave the organization and the fans

Looking back it could be said Caldwell has been bringing in talent but they have been mis managed and not developed. There are too many of our players flourishing elsewhere. What could have been...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-22-2019, 10:18 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Looking back it could be said Caldwell has been bringing in talent but they have been mis managed and not developed. There are too many of our players flourishing elsewhere.  What could have been...

"I don't buy da groceries, you know, but I dunno any good recipes eider."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Just lost again by double digits. Welcome back? Ugh
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-22-2019, 09:01 PM)High Octane Wrote: If Coughlin is the only coaching/front office change that happens to the Jaguars this offseason, that would be pathetic.

This team plays with no energy. No heart. The coach has to go. The coordinators have to go.

Only way this team improves next season is with new people leading the franchise. If no changes are made, we're looking at another 4-6 win season next year.

I was about 8 rows behind the bench today, and it was like they had no interest in being there. Of course, Calais was nonstop up-and-down the sideline, but it seemed like they didn’t care.

if they do not make any coaching changes, there needs to be a boycott of this team publically announced and distributed through social media. they will understand when it hits them in their pocketbooks. Fans need to show up at the stadium and communicate very loudly that 12 or 14 years with 10 or more losses is no longer acceptable. at least we were competitive in 1995, we're not even putting a competitive team out there. enough is enough.