Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wide Receiver

(12-24-2019, 10:58 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 10:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Westbrook is a good #2 receiver at the Z position. 

He's playing hurt and being utilized poorly.  I'm looking beyond his current injury, implementation, and a few dropped passes  -  but I'm analyzing his overall body of work objectively and I have read similar takes from national pundits who don't regularly report on the Jaguars. It's not an uncommon or teal-shaded opinion.

I already pointed out to you in another thread how he gets separation on par with the best receivers in the league after you ignorantly claimed otherwise.

Hahahaha people still believe Westbrook is good? xD

Dede is a decent #3 at best, the guy is probably leading the team in drops.

Conley>>>>>>>>Westbrook.

Dede had the 26th best drop rate in the league for WRs a week ago

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How many superstar WRs do the Patriots have?

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2019, 09:45 AM by JAllen#41.)

(12-25-2019, 07:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How many superstar WRs do the Patriots have?

How many Hall of Fame QBs, TE's, CB's, LB's and Head Coaches do the Jags have?  So stop it.  We are not them and we don't run their system and hopefully don't cheat like that do.

(12-25-2019, 07:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How many superstar WRs do the Patriots have?
Lol and how’s the offense kicking this year?

We need an Offensive line that can block like all the teams you guys are pointing BEFORE we worry about receiver. Maybe a good O-line coach too? Next we need a good run stopper in the middle unless you like seeing us pushed around at the line of scrimmage when the other team decides to do so.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-23-2019, 04:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 04:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oliver isn’t even close to a Kelce or Kittle. Both of those guys are elite blockers and that’s not a part of Oliver’s game.

If Goedert is there at pick 29.... wait... wrong year.

I wish we'd stop pretending we know anything about Josh Oliver. We have no idea what he'll turn out to be. All we know right now is he can't stay healthy. 

Marcedes was supposed to be a terrible blocker coming out. How'd that work out? 

And DeFilippo said he was impressed with how well Oliver was blocking at one point in the preseason. Maybe he can be more than a receiving end. 

This is all aside from the fact that the offense we were running didn't hardly ever ask the F tight end to block anyway. 
(like Ertz in philly)  That was supposed to be the role of Swaim.  (Y tight end)

So many people here forget that. He busted his butt to develop that skillset once he got here, and in the end, you almost feel like he was more blocker than pass-catcher.

You are right, the only thing we know about Oliver is that we know nothing about him. At this point next season, though, we will know everything we need to. Either he's turned the corner, staying healthy and producing on-field, or we have yet another hole on the roster to refill.

(12-26-2019, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 04:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wish we'd stop pretending we know anything about Josh Oliver. We have no idea what he'll turn out to be. All we know right now is he can't stay healthy. 

Marcedes was supposed to be a terrible blocker coming out. How'd that work out? 

And DeFilippo said he was impressed with how well Oliver was blocking at one point in the preseason. Maybe he can be more than a receiving end. 

This is all aside from the fact that the offense we were running didn't hardly ever ask the F tight end to block anyway. 
(like Ertz in philly)  That was supposed to be the role of Swaim.  (Y tight end)

So many people here forget that. He busted his butt to develop that skillset once he got here, and in the end, you almost feel like he was more blocker than pass-catcher.

You are right, the only thing we know about Oliver is that we know nothing about him. At this point next season, though, we will know everything we need to. Either he's turned the corner, staying healthy and producing on-field, or we have yet another hole on the roster to refill.

One positive I can list for Oliver is that in two of the games he played a good # of snaps in -  he was in fact getting open.
 I believe it was week 9 and 11 that I noticed him repeatedly when reviewing the all 22.  A small handful of times each game he had a step or two on his defender but was either not seen or not targeted due to QB pressure. 

It's just a tiny flash, but it's encouraging to me.

(12-26-2019, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote: So many people here forget that. He busted his butt to develop that skillset once he got here, and in the end, you almost feel like he was more blocker than pass-catcher.

One positive I can list for Oliver is that in two of the games he played a good # of snaps in -  he was in fact getting open.
 I believe it was week 9 and 11 that I noticed him repeatedly when reviewing the all 22.  A small handful of times each game he had a step or two on his defender but was either not seen or not targeted due to QB pressure. 

It's just a tiny flash, but it's encouraging to me.

Rookie TE's rarely produce, anything Oliver was going to offer this year was a bonus tbh. We drafted him in the 3rd to play 10 years not neccessarily THIS year yk.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

This team has no playmakers on offense at any position and that’s the problem. We
need someone with speed and is a threat to take it to the house every time they touch the ball. These long drives every possession is not getting it done.

(12-26-2019, 08:53 PM)iam Wrote: This team has no playmakers on offense at any position and that’s the problem. We
need someone with speed and is a threat to take it to the house every time they touch the ball. These long drives every possession is not getting it done.

Yeah if only we got Odell Beckham so we could have a record like the browns.....

That’s what we need.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2019, 11:51 PM by iam.)

(12-26-2019, 09:56 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 08:53 PM)iam Wrote: This team has no playmakers on offense at any position and that’s the problem. We

Yeah if only we got Odell Beckham so we could have a record like the browns.....

That’s what we need.

The Browns problem is coaching. Give that same team to Andy Reid and their in the playoffs. 

If Jones Drew played on this current team they are in the playoffs. 

Chark is the best player on this team and Allen Robinson is a better player than him. You put that in perspective.

(12-26-2019, 11:50 PM)iam Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 09:56 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Yeah if only we got Odell Beckham so we could have a record like the browns.....

That’s what we need.

The Browns problem is coaching. Give that same team to Andy Reid and they are in the playoffs. 

Chark is the best player on this team and Allen Robinson is a better player than him. You put that in perspective.

(12-26-2019, 09:56 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Yeah if only we got Odell Beckham so we could have a record like the browns.....

That’s what we need.

The Browns problem is coaching. Give that same team to Andy Reid and their in the playoffs. 

That’s what we need.

(12-26-2019, 11:50 PM)iam Wrote: The Browns problem is coaching. Give that same team to Andy Reid and they are in the playoffs. 

Now compare Odell and Charks stats for the season....

The bold is my point. We are not short on weapons...we are short on coaching....

If we could actually *accomplish* long drives, I'd say that was the design of this roster.

The problem is we're built for ball-control, time-consuming drives, but end up shooting ourselves in the foot with a holding penalty and all of a sudden you are facing 2nd and 18, and 3 yards and a cloud of dust gets you a punt in two plays.

We have guys like Chark and Westbrook that are suited to either the vertical passing game, or elusive enough to keep defenses honest. Are we expecting every roster in the league to have a Tyreek Hill type of speedster? That's just not realistic. Hill is a star BECAUSE he's distinctly quick. You'd be lucky to find five players of his caliber in the league.

That’s what we need.

(12-26-2019, 11:50 PM)iam Wrote: The Browns problem is coaching. Give that same team to Andy Reid and they are in the playoffs. 

Allen Robinson?
The 6th year player?
Is better than a 2nd year player?
Hmmm.....

Well...statistically... ARob isn't having that much better of a year. He's played every game and has 100 yards more on about 30 more targets with 20 more catches, a lower yards per reception, and about the same yards per game. Chark has 1 more TD. 

Matter of fact... Since Arobs 2nd season (the one with all the Bortles garbage time stats) he hasn't put up super impressive numbers by any means.

I'd take Chark over Arob at this point in their careers I think.
ARob has plateaued, Chark is on the rise.

(12-27-2019, 11:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 11:50 PM)iam Wrote: The Browns problem is coaching. Give that same team to Andy Reid and their in the playoffs. 

Allen Robinson?
The 6th year player?
Is better than a 2nd year player?
Hmmm.....

Well...statistically... ARob isn't having that much better of a year. He's played every game and has 100 yards more on about 30 more targets with 20 more catches, a lower yards per reception, and about the same yards per game. Chark has 1 more TD. 

Matter of fact... Since Arobs 2nd season (the one with all the Bortles garbage time stats) he hasn't put up super impressive numbers by any means.

I'd take Chark over Arob at this point in their careers I think.
ARob has plateaued, Chark is on the rise.

A- Rod is more athletic and physical than Chark.
Chark is supposed to be a burner, but that doesn’t show on the field. 

My main concern is we are recycling the same positions we’ve already hit on. In Hindsight Lee should of been gone not A-Rob and the Chark second round pick should of went elsewhere (LB, safety,rb)