Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Colts score predictions? I hope to be blown out!

Ya know? I'm Generation Jaguar. I was 14 years old when the team was announced and 15 when they played their first game (The Hall of Fame Game). I remember watching my dad yell at Mark Brunell to scramble or get rid of the ball. He liked Brunell because he was a lefty, like him. My old man died before the 1st season was over. He never saw the Cinderella run in 96, the dominance in the late 90s, the "Welcome to Duval, prepare to get hit" defense of the early 2000s. I grew up. I joined the military, left Jax but still followed my team. I still made it to at least one or two games a year at least every OTHER season for the past 20 years.I STILL hate the Titans for 99 season. Coughlin got fired, Del Rio came in and least he made it COMPETITIVE. We might lose, but my GOD you knew you were in Jax during those games. Mike Pete, Rashean, Darius, Freddy T, Stroud, Big Hen......

It hurt my heart when Fred got cut. I still have his jersey hanging in my bonus room. I've been married TWICE. I've got 3 kids: aged 9 (almost 10), 8, and 6. They've NEVER known a good Jaguars team, outside 2017. My buddy is a Pats fan. His son is almost 20. He's never known a BAD Pat's team. I'm 40 years old now. I should be passing down a love for team, a legacy, and handing down season tickets to my kid. I'm too the point now I just....don't.....care. This team has caused severe apathy in me. I got more excited over my college alma mater winning their FIRST bowl game this weekend that I have over ANYTHING the Jags have done in 2 years.

This is what has happened to the Jaguars, and Generation Jaguar. That young generation who was so excited when THEIR city got a team....just doesn't CARE anymore. Why should we? The team has made it abundantly clear it doesn't care about us.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let’s get the W and finish 6-10. I was hoping for at least 8-8 this year, but we’re just not that good. 6-10 actually isn’t that bad in the NFL, just slightly below average. Maybe I’m just hoping for no more 5-11 deja vu. We’ve seen this team go 5-11 how many times? No more.

(12-23-2019, 01:38 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Let’s get the W and finish 6-10. I was hoping for at least 8-8 this year, but we’re just not that good. 6-10 actually isn’t that bad in the NFL, just slightly below average. Maybe I’m just hoping for no more 5-11 deja vu. We’ve seen this team go 5-11 how many times? No more.

If it means Marrone and the rest of the coaches are shown the door and we could draft NT Derrick Brown, gimme 5-11. We'll never improve with the same, lame coaching staff and a huge hole in the run defense.

A win would probably cost us 3-5 draft spots. A loss would keep us in the top 10. Go Colts!

(12-23-2019, 07:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m surprised people are even buying this notion that Khan needs more convincing. I’m sure his mind is made.

24-17
colts

This.. Khan even went on record to say that he made the decision to let Coughlin go in the fall.. You don't think he already has a plan in place to take out the rest of the garbage?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

65-03 colts

Jags win BIG 42-10.  BOOM!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-23-2019, 07:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Jags win BIG 42-10.  BOOM!!

I Agree. We’re gonna smoke their [BLEEP].

(12-23-2019, 07:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Jags win BIG 42-10.  BOOM!!

Lol! Still love it.

One of these days man, one of these days...

(12-23-2019, 02:58 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: A win would probably cost us 3-5 draft spots. A loss would keep us in the top 10. Go Colts!

Exactly. A loss keeps us in the 5-7 range. A win can put us in the 10-12 range depending on other outcomes. 

Thats a HUGE difference in getting the guy we want verse settling for our 3rd /4th option.

I don't care what the score is, just take the loss and hope Minshew plays well.

23-17 Colts win.

(12-23-2019, 09:34 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 02:58 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: A win would probably cost us 3-5 draft spots. A loss would keep us in the top 10. Go Colts!

Exactly. A loss keeps us in the 5-7 range. A win can put us in the 10-12 range depending on other outcomes. 

Thats a HUGE difference in getting the guy we want verse settling for our 3rd /4th option.

23-17 Colts win.

Ok. How has that worked out for this team? Forget the draft. Get rid of the issues to why this has been suckensville for so long.

Ideally, after the game we are still in position to keep the #6 pick, the entire coaching staff is fired, Chark reaches 1,000 receiving yards and Ngakoue reaches 10 sacks for the season.

(12-24-2019, 12:22 AM)uthill Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 09:34 PM)High Octane Wrote: Exactly. A loss keeps us in the 5-7 range. A win can put us in the 10-12 range depending on other outcomes. 

23-17 Colts win.

Ok. How has that worked out for this team? Forget the draft. Get rid of the issues to why this has been suckensville for so long.

It's worked out great.   Dave Caldwell is awesome and he's hit on every one of his numerous top 5 draft picks....

Sorry - just not used to seeing the truth on here.  The only way to fix what's "wrong" is by bringing in the right people. Caldwell has been here since 2013.  He's part of the problem.  Marrone - part of the problem.  Clean house.  Tear it all down and start from scratch.  

Don't waste the 2 1st rounders we have in the next 2 drafts with the current clowns we have in place.

(12-24-2019, 12:22 AM)uthill Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 09:34 PM)High Octane Wrote: Exactly. A loss keeps us in the 5-7 range. A win can put us in the 10-12 range depending on other outcomes. 

23-17 Colts win.

Go Jackonsville Jaguras

(sorry, this struck a chord with me and my brain went to a weird place. Your welcome?)