Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Guys... I want to keep Marrone

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 11:49 PM by MojoKing.)

Perhaps, but it’s safe to say if we don’t do well next year then Marrone will be gone. So you can celebrate then; this time next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-29-2019, 11:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Perhaps, but it’s safe to say if we don’t do well next year than Marrone will be gone. So you can celebrate then; this time next year.

Please tell me you are trolling

(12-29-2019, 11:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Perhaps, but it’s safe to say if we don’t do well next year then Marrone will be gone. So you can celebrate then; this time next year.
Why? I guess Khan has to say he will hold you accountable 2 times before he does anything?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(12-29-2019, 11:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Perhaps, but it’s safe to say if we don’t do well next year then Marrone will be gone. So you can celebrate then; this time next year.

No, it doesn't. Khan said if we didn't do well in 2019, people would be held accountable. If our coaches and GM aren't held accountable after this crappy season, then Khan's words are meaningless.

(12-29-2019, 11:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 11:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel. It was just a freight train coming your way.

Cheers. [Image: bef07a4adf40bdb832ab96991ac75c14.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Perhaps, but it’s safe to say if we don’t do well next year than Marrone will be gone. So you can celebrate then; this time next year.
It's not so much as celebrating the firing of someone. It's not about that. I would love to see these guys succeed. To see them win. I hate setbacks.

I want to see games like today more consistently for the damn fanbase. For the old head's and O.G's supporting this nonsense every gameday down town.

Sitting here watching this 49ERS and Seahawks game and it just makes me sick. We had a chance to acquire Shanahan and Lynch.

We opted to wallow in mediocrity again. And even if it's for one more year. As restless as this fanbase is now? It'll be a total meltdown if this team is 6 - 10 next year with this same staff in place.

It's mind numbing. [BLEEP] mind numbing. Khan is showing that he's not a man of his word. I mean. He may yet still part ways sometime this week.

But everything so far points to them staying. That is lunacy. Cleveland is not putting up with this. New York is not putting up with this. Arizona didn't put up with this. There's a time to show patience.

Then there's a time to take action. To show some action. He has every damn reason to gut this staff like a fish and hand them their intestines on a silver platter. Every damn reason.

And yet he doesn't. Listen. I respect patience. It's a dying virtue in today's age of let's go, let's go, let's go. I fish every weekend for hours on end. Someday's the catching is good. Someday's you're out there praying to god's you don't believe in for just a bite.

FBT said it best WEEKS ago. It's just time. It's time to close this chapter and move on. What's going to happen is that, next year, same time. Just like tonight.

We'll be seeing another fresh faced coaching staff and general manager's football team turning around one of this year's let down's. It'll probably be the Giants. Maybe the Browns. Wouldn't be shocked to see the Dolphins in the mix.

And we'll be having this same [BLEEP] topic of why this and why that and woe is us because they doubled down on mediocrity yet again.

Mind numbing. Absolutely mind numbing. Khan needs to show some [BLEEP] spine. And soon.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-29-2019, 11:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's not so much as celebrating the firing of someone. It's not about that. I would love to see these guys succeed. To see them win. I hate setbacks.

I want to see games like today more consistently for the damn fanbase. For the old head's and O.G's supporting this nonsense every gameday down town.

Sitting here watching this 49ERS and Seahawks game and it just makes me sick. We had a chance to acquire Shanahan and Lynch.

We opted to wallow in mediocrity again. And even if it's for one more year. As restless as this fanbase is now? It'll be a total meltdown if this team is 6 - 10 next year with this same staff in place.

It's mind numbing. [BLEEP] mind numbing. Khan is showing that he's not a man of his word. I mean. He may yet still part ways sometime this week.

But everything so far points to them staying. That is lunacy. Cleveland is not putting up with this. New York is not putting up with this. Arizona didn't put up with this. There's a time to show patience.

Then there's a time to take action. To show some action. He has every damn reason to gut this staff like a fish and hand them their intestines on a silver platter. Every damn reason.

And yet he doesn't. Listen. I respect patience. It's a dying virtue in today's age of let's go, let's go, let's go. I fish every weekend for hours on end. Someday's the catching is good. Someday's you're out there praying to god's you don't believe in for just a bite.

FBT said it best WEEKS ago. It's just time. It's time to close this chapter and move on. What's going to happen is that, next year, same time. Just like tonight.

We'll be seeing another fresh faced coaching staff and general manager's football team turning around one of this year's let down's. It'll probably be the Giants. Maybe the Browns. Wouldn't be shocked to see the Dolphins in the mix.

And we'll be having this same [BLEEP] topic of why this and why that and woe is us because they doubled down on mediocrity yet again.

Mind numbing. Absolutely mind numbing. Khan needs to show some [BLEEP] spine. And soon.

I agree with you but what I would say is instead of saying things like " [BLEEP] Khan and [BLEEP] Mini Khan" in one of your previous posts, why don't you let reality just occur - instead of jumping on any speculation that might be out there, whether it turns out to be correct or not... I know you have probably calmed down from earlier lol but man, after enduring many crap seasons and being one of those OG '95 fans, at some point it just hit me that there is more to life than this game.

And the same thing can be applied to the people who run these organizations or work for them. Yeah, they have more skin in the game but people like Khan also have other obligations to tend to - and there is nothing that us measly fans can do about it. He runs multiple billion dollar enterprises and the dust has finally settled after the final game of this season. The only credible word that we can follow is the one made by Khan's right-hand man who put out the statement that a meeting would be in place sometime this week regarding these decisions that we are all so desperately waiting to find out (and hoping they make the right one btw).

(12-29-2019, 11:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 11:43 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Perhaps, but it’s safe to say if we don’t do well next year than Marrone will be gone. So you can celebrate then; this time next year.

Please tell me you are trolling

Nope. Just expressed an opinion. I want to succeed just as bad as you. I just don’t see that with a new head coach next year. 

Marrone does well when he has players unlike so many in the NFL. 

If Marrone gets fired next year, then that’s the beginning of a rebuild to me.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 12:23 AM by JagsorDie.)

(12-30-2019, 12:09 AM)enigma Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 11:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's not so much as celebrating the firing of someone. It's not about that. I would love to see these guys succeed. To see them win. I hate setbacks.

I agree with you but what I would say is instead of saying things like " [BLEEP] Khan and [BLEEP] Mini Khan" in one of your previous posts, why don't you let reality just occur - instead of jumping on any speculation that might be out there, whether it turns out to be correct or not... I know you have probably calmed down from earlier lol but man, after enduring many crap seasons and being one of those OG '95 fans, at some point it just hit me that there is more to life than this game.

And the same thing can be applied to the people who run these organizations or work for them. Yeah, they have more skin in the game but people like Khan also have other obligations to tend to - and there is nothing that us measly fans can do about it. He runs multiple billion dollar enterprises and the dust has finally settled after the final game of this season. The only credible word that we can follow is the one made by Khan's right-hand man who put out the statement that a meeting would be in place sometime this week regarding these decisions that we are all so desperately waiting to find out (and hoping they make the right one btw).
I understand you sentiment but I don’t agree. I’m the same as far how I talk and communicate my opinions when I am disappointed about a subject I am passionate About. Maybe some of our choice of words rub some the wrong way. But for me, I’ll take those fans everyday over ones who become apathetic.

(12-30-2019, 12:22 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 12:09 AM)enigma Wrote: I agree with you but what I would say is instead of saying things like " [BLEEP] Khan and [BLEEP] Mini Khan" in one of your previous posts, why don't you let reality just occur - instead of jumping on any speculation that might be out there, whether it turns out to be correct or not... I know you have probably calmed down from earlier lol but man, after enduring many crap seasons and being one of those OG '95 fans, at some point it just hit me that there is more to life than this game.

I understand you sentiment but I don’t agree. I’m the same as far how I talk and communicate my opinions when I am disappointed about a subject I am passionate About. Maybe some of our choice of words rub some the wrong way. But for me, I’ll take those fans everyday over ones who become apathetic.

We're in the same boat bud.

I wasn't knocking him for his verbiage specifically - I was trying to explain multiple things in my post. First, the only word we can really follow is the one made by Khan's representative who said there would be a meeting this week about such decisions. Unfortunately, it is easy to fall prey to chasing "leads" or basically rumors, especially in these turbulent times.

Second, while most of us would LOVE to have Marrone get dismissed immediately after this game, we don't know where/what Khan is doing because like I said, he is running multiple billion dollar entities. He could be doing grown up things like in meeting in Illinois pertaining to his bumper-building business, in London with whoever, in Jacksonville watching the game or wherever in the world doing whatever. Either way, my point was to show that the only "lead" we can follow is the one about the meeting about to take place - and to just sit back and relax until then.

Btw, I'm just a chill and mellow guy at the end of the day. Big difference from apathy but that can be hard to convey through the internet.

Anywho, [BLEEP] Marrone!

(12-30-2019, 12:49 AM)enigma Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 12:22 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I understand you sentiment but I don’t agree. I’m the same as far how I talk and communicate my opinions when I am disappointed about a subject I am passionate About. Maybe some of our choice of words rub some the wrong way. But for me, I’ll take those fans everyday over ones who become apathetic.

We're in the same boat bud.

I wasn't knocking him for his verbiage specifically - I was trying to explain multiple things in my post. First, the only word we can really follow is the one made by Khan's representative who said there would be a meeting this week about such decisions. Unfortunately, it is easy to fall prey to chasing "leads" or basically rumors, especially in these turbulent times.

Second, while most of us would LOVE to have Marrone get dismissed immediately after this game, we don't know where/what Khan is doing because like I said, he is running multiple billion dollar entities. He could be doing grown up things like in meeting in Illinois pertaining to his bumper-building business, in London with whoever, in Jacksonville watching the game or wherever in the world doing whatever. Either way, my point was to show that the only "lead" we can follow is the one about the meeting about to take place - and to just sit back and relax until then.

Btw, I'm just a chill and mellow guy at the end of the day. Big difference from apathy but that can be hard to convey through the internet.

Anywho, [BLEEP] Marrone!
Yeah man. I wasn’t calling you apathetic even though it may have come off that way. I have quite a few friends who have just gave up on the team over the years. Most of us on this board I wouldn’t say don’t care. That’s why we are on here arguing about things we want to see happen. 

I will say this year stung a lot more than some of our other bad seasons. I think it was because I had high hopes. This was the year, at least imo, that was supposed to show whether 2017 was an outlier or 2017 was our real identity and 2018 was just an unfortunate injury riddled season. Most of the Bradley screw up season I didn’t have the expectations I did for this one. 

And yes, [BLEEP] Marrone.

He should have been fired for costing us a Superbowl 2 years ago. He needs to go and most of his coaches with him.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 01:25 AM by Dimson.)

(12-29-2019, 11:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

No, it doesn't. Khan said if we didn't do well in 2019, people would be held accountable. If our coaches and GM aren't held accountable after this crappy season, then Khan's words are meaningless.

Maybe he realized that Coughlin was holding the team back? Maybe he doesn't think Caldwell and/or Marrone are the major issue?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-30-2019, 01:22 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 11:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No, it doesn't. Khan said if we didn't do well in 2019, people would be held accountable. If our coaches and GM aren't held accountable after this crappy season, then Khan's words are meaningless.

Maybe he realized that Coughlin was holding the team back? Maybe he doesn't think Caldwell and/or Marrone are the major issue?

Maybe... but hopefully not.

(12-30-2019, 01:22 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 11:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No, it doesn't. Khan said if we didn't do well in 2019, people would be held accountable. If our coaches and GM aren't held accountable after this crappy season, then Khan's words are meaningless.

What about the first 4 terrible years of the Caldwell era that necessitated bringing in Coughlin in the first place?

(12-30-2019, 09:23 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:22 AM)Dimson Wrote: Maybe he realized that Coughlin was holding the team back? Maybe he doesn't think Caldwell and/or Marrone are the major issue?

What about the first 4 terrible years of the Caldwell era that necessitated bringing in Coughlin in the first place?

Bobblehead was a nice guy but a terrible cook.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-30-2019, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 09:23 AM)Upper Wrote: What about the first 4 terrible years of the Caldwell era that necessitated bringing in Coughlin in the first place?

Bobblehead was a nice guy but a terrible cook.

And then the pipeline of good players kept coming, and we hired a good coach in Marrone, but Coughlin was so toxic that he kept the bad times a rolling all by himself. Is that what you're trying to say?

(12-30-2019, 09:56 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bobblehead was a nice guy but a terrible cook.

And then the pipeline of good players kept coming, and we hired a good coach in Marrone, but Coughlin was so toxic that he kept the bad times a rolling all by himself. Is that what you're trying to say?

Actually, the team responded pretty well to Marrone the first year and did some really good things, so it seems like the roster was decent at that point. For some reason it collapsed right after we beat the Pats, KO'd Gabbert, and he went for 2 against the Jets, like he offended the Football Gods or something. Since that time we've had futility and disharmony. Then the stories about TC started coming out and we got all kinds of chemistry issues and bad PR and a roster clearly impacted by Coughlin's organizational philosophies. Look, Marrone is not the guy I would keep, but this team had talent that seriously under performed since they went to KC last year. Maybe Poz was that important to the D. Maybe losing 4/5ths of the Oline to injury last year destroyed their performance. Keeping Bortles after 2017 was the wrong call. Definitely benching Minshew at 4-5 this year was plain dumb, but losing practically every tight end on the roster hurt that kid. There's so many factors in this that I just don't know anymore, but I also don't feel like this squad is that far off from being pretty good. But it won't be Marrone who makes them better either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I predict Tony Kahn is our new GM and Marrone stays. Whatever koolaid was in the bottles Sunday against the colts, bottle up and save for next season. That passion and heart is what differentiates great teams from also-rans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk