Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone fired - False Report

(12-28-2019, 02:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 02:18 PM)nhiverson Wrote: idk about this

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...4188023808

Would love is honestly.  Him and McDaniels are my top 2 guys right now.
Saleh? Why? Because he can make a good defense with 7 first rounders on D?

Pass.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 02:44 PM by mal234.)

(12-28-2019, 02:29 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 02:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: FWIW Diana knows Doug personally, her uncle went to school with Doug.....so probably knows whats up

knowing that coniving moron he leaked it to her to make the kahns look bad. He is a weasel of a person and would do somthing like that. The kahns probaby told him he was not staying but said they would let him finish the season, and he went and leaked it.

I believe the Khans when they said they didn't tell him he would get fired. But maybe Doug is just really convinced it's going to happen. And confided in someone close to him, (like maybe Diana's Uncle or someone) and they relayed that information to her. 

I do wonder if this report by her (and some of the response to it) may give the Khans pause. And/or make them a little more hesitant to fire him. Even if that's what they were originally planning to do. Or maybe it will delay their decision for a little bit. Maybe they were going to fire him shortly after the game or on Black Monday. But now they will fire him some time later next week like after they have "the midweek meeting" with the staff.

(12-28-2019, 02:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 02:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love is honestly.  Him and McDaniels are my top 2 guys right now.

Pass.
My thoughts as well. Pass on him and McDaniels.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-28-2019, 02:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: the plot thickens

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1210988364926771201

The comments are gold. Not one person is backing him up. I wonder how he thought that would be received. Everyone was happy at a piece of fake news and you pop off with a sarcastic comment  telling them they were wrong.

Go back to your chicken [BLEEP] wrestling and stay out of real sports.

(12-28-2019, 02:36 PM)Firesky Wrote: If Caldwell stays and Marrone goes I think Greg Roman is the hire. Caldwell wanted him (they were roommates in college iirc; but really good old friends to say the least) instead of Bradley years ago but Khan fell in love with his "just get better" snake oil. Caldwell never got to choose his own HC as Khan made the decision the first time with Bradley and then TC was hired and kept Marrone after the interim. It could be fair to say that Caldwell was handcuffed from day 1 in not having a HC on the same wavelength as him.

I honestly think if Roman was the coach when we drafted Bortles, he could of made Bortles a much better QB with his style of play and the typle of offense Roman likes to run

(12-28-2019, 02:43 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 02:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: the plot thickens

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1210988364926771201

The comments are gold. Not one person is backing him up. I wonder how he thought that would be received. Everyone was happy at a piece of fake news and you pop off with a sarcastic comment  telling them they were wrong.

Go back to your chicken [BLEEP] wrestling and stay out of real sports.
That's embarrassing. I hate to say this. Whether the reports are true or not. Something was said.

If it bleeds it leads. The writing was on the wall after Khan's opening statement going into this year to begin with.

But the handling of this situation from top down is horrible. This team is poorly owned. That's scary to say.

Between the Coughlin situation and reports that came out. And now this report today with his comment and the fans completely hammering him.

It's not a good look. It's messy. Can easily deter candidates and players from wanting to come here. It really feels like they're trying to "Major Leauge" our city. . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 02:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-28-2019, 02:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love is honestly.  Him and McDaniels are my top 2 guys right now.

Pass.

The biggest reason because I would hope he would bring LaFleur with him.  I want a coach that can make this D great again and he might be able to do just that.  Who do you want?

Pass.

Hes also a great LB coach and I think he would be a great hire for Jack and whatever other LB we bring in through the draft.

(12-28-2019, 02:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 02:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Saleh? Why? Because he can make a good defense with 7 first rounders on D?

Pass.

The biggest reason because I would hope he would bring LaFleur with him.  I want a coach that can make this D great again and he might be able to do just that.  Who do you want?

(12-28-2019, 02:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Saleh? Why? Because he can make a good defense with 7 first rounders on D?

Pass.

Hes also a great LB coach and I think he would be a great hire for Jack and whatever other LB we bring in through the draft.
Rhule is my #1.

I don’t want another “ra ra” HC like Bradley and that’s exactly what Saleh is. He’s extremely overrated and it wasn’t until the 49ers had elite talent that he actually succeeded.

(12-28-2019, 02:18 PM)nhiverson Wrote: idk about this

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...4188023808

Lol this team if it happens.

Seattle south rises again because it worked so good the first time. Wash would be a lock to stay on as defensive coordinator.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 03:03 PM by JagsorDie.)

So let’s recap on this awesome day for the jaguars.

-Yan makes a subtle suggestion that he is possibly leaving our franchise. Most Our fanbase like him so this is a blow to our moral(unless you are that one guy who possibly used to date Fowler)

- then an announcement leaks that we are firing our HC. Basically everyone in our fanbase was happy to hear the news and excited that a new regime would be coming to our team. Most of us started speculating about who could be the next head.

- our running back is struck with an illness and announces he will not be playing. Little crappy but our season is dead so not that big of a deal.

- more news that our qb may not be playing but who cares most of us are already looking at The off season and next year with new coaches.

- news breaks that the one good thing that happened today actually did not happen and a coaching change has not been made.

- the owner’s son of our franchise makes a snide remark on social media further rubbing in the fact that the one bright spot of today was completely false.

Did I miss anything.

(12-28-2019, 03:02 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: So let’s recap on this awesome day for the jaguars.

-Yan makes a subtle suggestion that he is possibly leaving our franchise. Most Our fanbase like him so this is a blow to our moral(unless you are that one guy who possibly used to date Fowler)

- then an announcement leaks that we are firing our HC. Basically everyone in our fanbase was happy to hear the news and excited that a new regime would be coming to our team. Most of us started speculating about who could be the next head.

- our running back is struck with an illness and announces he will not be playing. Little crappy but our season is dead so not that big of a deal.

- more news that our qb may not be playing but who cares most of us are already looking at The off season and next year with new coaches.

- news breaks that the one good thing that happened today actually did not happen and a coaching change has not been made.

- the owner’s son of our franchise makes a snide remark on social media further rubbing in the fact that the one bright spot of today was completely false.

Did I miss anything.

Nope,  pretty much hit the nail on the head.  Sucks to be Jaguars fans.

(12-28-2019, 02:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 02:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The biggest reason because I would hope he would bring LaFleur with him.  I want a coach that can make this D great again and he might be able to do just that.  Who do you want?

Rhule is my #1.

I don’t want another “ra ra” HC like Bradley and that’s exactly what Saleh is. He’s extremely overrated and it wasn’t until the 49ers had elite talent that he actually succeeded.

Baylor's coach?

I'm starting to really dislike the Khans, and maybe that's not fair.

I just don't see how it's not common sense at some point to look at the mess that has been made with this team and realize that IT IS TIME to start over from scratch. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but i'm starting to wonder if there is absolutely some truth to this whole "London" business...

Is there a situation that's worse than a dumpster fire? Cause this organization is officially worse than a dumpster fire.

(12-28-2019, 03:11 PM)Upper Wrote: Is there a situation that's worse than a dumpster fire? Cause this organization is officially worse than a dumpster fire.

A dumpster fire that's been [BLEEP] upon, post-fire, maybe? Best I can think of anyway

Regardless if Marrone was actually told or not, this came from SOMEWHERE. He's going to be gone

(12-28-2019, 03:11 PM)Upper Wrote: Is there a situation that's worse than a dumpster fire? Cause this organization is officially worse than a dumpster fire.

A dumpster fire owned by a person that may be convinced the his dumpster is not actually on fire and believes he can fix his dumpster with a pool, a dog park, and a hotel in a parking lot.

And the really sad part......... no one is surprised. This is par for the course, when you're a Jags fan.

it would be a super Christmas gift if doug gets fired. at least for me it would be a great late gift .

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

On a high note, it's still on the front page of ESPN.com that Marrone is gonna be fired, so at least ESPN is not backing down from the report.