Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Rumors: Cowboys Fire Entire Coaching Staff After Disappointing Season

NFL Rumors: Cowboys Fire Entire Coaching Staff After Disappointing Season

ORIGINAL STORY: The Dallas Cowboys apparently are undergoing major changes. Jerry Jones on Monday fired the Cowboys’ “entire” coaching staff, according to WFAA-TV’s Mike Leslie. Dallas finished the season 8-8 and missed the playoffs despite a 3-0 start to the campaign.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/12/nfl-rumors-cowb...ng-season/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can we steal their OC?

(12-30-2019, 04:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Can we steal their OC?

The demand for Kellen Moore's services as an Offensive Coordinator, QB Coach, and College HC likely will be high.  Moore probably will have the opportunity in the next few years as an NFL HC.

It's 4:15 and I see this nowhere.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 11:30 PM by nejagsfan.)

(12-30-2019, 04:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Can we steal their OC?

No thanks....my girl is a Dallas fan....so I watch them often....I don't see it....with that talent the offensive play calling sucks...for example last week against the eagles.... final drive to win it.... twice they had 3rd and 1.... first time..pitch the ball back five yards so now you need 6 Yard to get it and they don't get it..... second 3 and 1 you pass it 10 yards and don't get it.... meanwhile you have Elliott who can pick up a yard...and if not why the hell did you make him the highest paid running back in the league.... And they been doing that crap all year...so not impressed....so no thanks

So.....Jerry Jones is meeting with Jason Garrett again tomorrow. Unusual step to take after firing him and his entire staff, no?

I think Jerry Jones was hoping to hire Doug Marrone and Shad crumbed the play.

I don’t think Garret was fired, his contract ran out.

(01-01-2020, 04:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I don’t think Garret was fired, his contract ran out.

Which is basically a firing in an era where coaches rarely enter the final year of their deal.

Have we heard anything else from the Cowboys or Garrett lately? The longer this stretches out without even an inkling that the Cowboys have contacted other candidates, the more likely I think it is that Jerry ends up bringing Garrett back.

(01-01-2020, 04:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 04:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I don’t think Garret was fired, his contract ran out.

Which is basically a firing in an era where coaches rarely enter the final year of their deal.

Have we heard anything else from the Cowboys or Garrett lately? The longer this stretches out without even an inkling that the Cowboys have contacted other candidates, the more likely I think it is that Jerry ends up bringing Garrett back.

They're supposedly meeting again today, which i just really, really strange. I gotta think he's back, at least in some capacity at this point.

(01-02-2020, 02:15 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 04:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: Which is basically a firing in an era where coaches rarely enter the final year of their deal.

They're supposedly meeting again today, which i just really, really strange. I gotta think he's back, at least in some capacity at this point.

The story is that the Cowboys are looking at keeping Garrett in some other capacity, either on the coaching staff or in the front office. Jerry's loyalty to Garrett runs deep. At this point, who knows?

[Image: IMG_2456.jpeg?w=960&ssl=1]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

There are reports now from people like Ian Rapoport on Twitter that the Cowboys have already interviewed Marvin Lewis. It is also being reported that they are interviewing Mike McCarthy today. I do wonder who they will end up hiring now that it's being reported they are looking to move on from Jason Garrett. I believe that a lot of fans won't be happy if they hire Marvin Lewis, because he hasn't had success in the postseason. I also wonder where Mike McCarthy may land up. I could see him getting another HC gig. Maybe the Browns or the GIants.

I don't see how they'd sign McCarthy. He doesn't have the marionette strings.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Garrett is being toyed with like a mouse. At what point does he grow some cajones and tell Jerry goodbye. He’s made good money the last few years, is this job really worthy of his self respect?

(01-04-2020, 06:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Garrett is being toyed with like a mouse. At what point does he grow some cajones and tell Jerry goodbye.  He’s made good money the last few years, is this job really worthy of his self respect?

He's a "yes man" type of guy.

Looks like Garrett is officially “fired”. Good for him really. Better than being toyed with by Jerry Jones.

Dallas Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy as head coach: reports

The Dallas Cowboys have reportedly agreed to hire Mike McCarthy as their next head coach hours after officially parting ways with Jason Garrett who had spent the last nine seasons in the same position.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cowboys-h...KrGeVL1zlw
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Interesting to see how this works out if true. McCarthy doesn't seem like the puppet type.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-05-2020, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote: Looks like Garrett is officially “fired”.   Good for him really.  Better than being toyed with by Jerry Jones.

Waiting until the Eagles' playoff game to make it official is such a troll job by jerruh