Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-23-2020, 09:00 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status...3986851841

Thomas is the surprising one there... I'd be shocked to see him drop out the top 15.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 09:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-23-2020, 09:37 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 09:00 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status...3986851841

Thomas is the surprising one there... I'd be shocked to see him drop out the top 15.

Would be a steal if we could get him at 19 imo.  Id be happy with him, Becton , or Wills at 19

And I dont want a WR in the 2nd but I wouldnt be upset at all if we took Higgins in the 2nd

It seems to me that the Jaguars would be better off taking defensive tackle with their 1st pick. There is a huge gap after Brown and Kinlaw and it's very doubtful either will make it to pick 20. The offensive tackle group is much deeper and the there is not that much difference between the top 4 or 5 players at this position. Thomas, Becton, Wills and Wirf are all good tackles and would be solid choices even though only Thomas and Becton have left tackle experience.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 10:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-23-2020, 10:17 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: It seems to me that the Jaguars would be better off taking defensive tackle with their 1st pick. There is a huge gap after Brown and Kinlaw and it's very doubtful either will make it to pick 20. The offensive tackle group is much deeper and the there is not that much difference between the top 4 or 5 players at this position. Thomas, Becton, Wills and Wirf are all good tackles and would be solid choices even though only Thomas and Becton have left tackle experience.

The only way I would take one of the tackles at 9 is if Simmons and Brown are both gone.  And honestly if Brown and Simmons are gone I would love to trade back and pick up another 2nd or 3rd. Definitely one of the deeper tackle classes.

If Wirfs is there at 19 he would be great value as well. DJ loves him at G. We know he has experience at T but he might be a good future RG for us and if one of our tackles go down he could always play there.

9: R1P9
OT TRISTAN WIRFS
IOWA
20: R1P20
OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
42: R2P10
S ANTOINE WINFIELD
MINNESOTA
73: R3P9
TE HARRISON BRYANT
FLORIDA ATLANTIC
113: R4P10
LB EVAN WEAVER
CALIFORNIA
165: R5P19
RB J.J. TAYLOR
ARIZONA
189: R6P10
S J.R. REED
GEORGIA
206: R6P27
CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE
AUBURN
223: R7P9
DL BENITO JONES

This draft fixes RG and LT, a ball hawking FS, and a great receiving TE threat who can improve on his blocking. A true MLB that will let Jack move to WILL and a different dynamic at RB that we have lacked. I didnt want to get 2 safeties but Reed was by far BAP there so i took him a well. To Jones with potential at NT.

Wills Jr is the only OT I'm sold on.

Becton definitely has the talent but he's basically a unicorn being that agile at that weight. Is he still going to move as well as he does if he gets nicked up at all? Is he going to struggle to maintain that weight or is he going to get even bigger? Is he going to keep those feet as he ages on his enormous body? If you could promise me that Becton can keep his athleticism then he would be on par with Wills to me.

Thomas and Wirfs I had been saying were overrated for a while now as both of them have heavy feet. I agree with Wirfs at guard. Thomas looks to be pretty similar to Parnell to me to be honest. He has the same overstriding issues from having to cheat because of the lack of athleticism that got Parnell killed on inside moves. Would y'all be happy with taking Parnell at 9 and then playing him at LT?

We got to find a way to land Ruggs with one of our top 2 picks. He is going to such a difference maker on offense. A O lineman and Ruggs in the first round would be perfect IMO.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020, 12:29 AM by JackCity.)

(01-24-2020, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote: Wills Jr is the only OT I'm sold on.

Becton definitely has the talent but he's basically a unicorn being that agile at that weight. Is he still going to move as well as he does if he gets nicked up at all? Is he going to struggle to maintain that weight or is he going to get even bigger? Is he going to keep those feet as he ages on his enormous body? If you could promise me that Becton can keep his athleticism then he would be on par with Wills to me.

Thomas and Wirfs I had been saying were overrated for a while now as both of them have heavy feet. I agree with Wirfs at guard. Thomas looks to be pretty similar to Parnell to me to be honest. He has the same overstriding issues from having to cheat because of the lack of athleticism that got Parnell killed on inside moves. Would y'all be happy with taking Parnell at 9 and then playing him at LT?

Neither Thomas or Wirfs have heavy feet at all. Wirfs is one of the smoothest movers you'll see for a 320 lb man and super flexible/athletic too. Both will test well

Can you post some clips of Wirfs heavy feet?

This is a 4 round mock I just did on thedraftnetwork, with a trade down from 9 to 14 that got us the Bucs' early 3rd and 4th round picks.

I tried to do this draft from a win-now mentality that they will probably have irl.

14 Kristian Fulton, CB LSU
20 Javon Kinlaw, IDL South Carolina
42 K.J. Hamler, WR Penn State
73 Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame
76 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin
106 Evan Weaver, LB California
107 Collin Johnson, WR Texas

(01-24-2020, 02:36 PM)JagJohn Wrote: This is a 4 round mock I just did on thedraftnetwork, with a trade down from 9 to 14 that got us the Bucs' early 3rd and 4th round picks.

I tried to do this draft from a win-now mentality that they will probably have irl.

14 Kristian Fulton, CB LSU
20 Javon Kinlaw, IDL South Carolina
42 K.J. Hamler, WR Penn State
73 Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame
76 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin
106 Evan Weaver, LB California
107 Collin Johnson, WR Texas
Dont like the first pick at all.  But if Simmons and Brown were gone I would love that trade

9 Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina

20 Patrick Queen, LB, LSU

42, Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota

73 Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

106 Solomon Kindley, IOL, Georgia

169 Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic

186 Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis

200 A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State

This would be a ridiculously good draft class for the Jags

(01-27-2020, 04:44 PM)ColoJag Wrote: 9 Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina

I am fully on board with this.... Don't know much about those last two guys... but they are depth and ST anyway.
Cheap free agency for OL/DL/DB depth. Move Jack to WILL Queen plays MIKE. Winfield slides into FS over Wilson.
Cut Lee, Swaim, Ryan, pay the Yan.
Really not much else would need to be done in way of cuts/signings.

Nicely done.

(01-27-2020, 05:04 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 04:44 PM)ColoJag Wrote: 9 Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina

I am fully on board with this.... Don't know much about those last two guys... but they are depth and ST anyway.
Cheap free agency for OL/DL/DB depth. Move Jack to WILL Queen plays MIKE. Winfield slides into FS over Wilson.

Nicely done.

Thank you

Aj Green had a good week in Mobile, caught a lot of praise for his play.

Antonio Gibson is half RB half WR which would be great with LF

(01-27-2020, 05:11 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 05:04 PM)Kane Wrote: I am fully on board with this.... Don't know much about those last two guys... but they are depth and ST anyway.

Nicely done.

Thank you

Gibson would be a perfect receiving back in Gruden's scheme. Think he'll end up going a lot earlier though.

On a side note, it's really pissing me off that thedraftnetwork don't have our 5th round pick on the system.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2020, 06:13 PM by ColoJag.)

(01-27-2020, 05:57 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 05:11 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Thank you

Gibson would be a perfect receiving back in Gruden's scheme. Think he'll end up going a lot earlier though.

On a side note, it's really pissing me off that thedraftnetwork don't have our 5th round pick on the system.

Definitely agree on Gibson, think he might go in the 4th or 5th. Very deep RB class this year.

We traded our 5th this year for Ramsey and we traded the Rams pick for Dobbs

(01-27-2020, 06:08 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 05:57 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Gibson would be a perfect receiving back in Gruden's scheme. Think he'll end up going a lot earlier though.

Definitely agree on Gibson, think he might go in the 4th or 5th. Very deep RB class this year.

We traded our 5th this year for Ramsey and we traded the Rams pick for Dobbs

You sure about that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NFL_Draft

Wiki says we have the Rams round 5 pick 19, and pretty much every other site says the same thing...

I guess we do then lol

First-Pick.com is a wonderful draft dream land

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17 (DAL): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 1 Pick 20: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B)
Round 2 Pick 10: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14 (DEN): AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson (A-)
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 9: Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26 (DET): Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A)
Round 6 Pick 3 (DET): Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 6 Pick 7 (LAC): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (A)
Round 7 Pick 6 (LAC): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 7 Pick 9: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida (A+)