Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 02:25 PM by Kane.)

(01-27-2020, 06:08 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 05:57 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Gibson would be a perfect receiving back in Gruden's scheme. Think he'll end up going a lot earlier though.

On a side note, it's really pissing me off that thedraftnetwork don't have our 5th round pick on the system.

Definitely agree on Gibson, think he might go in the 4th or 5th. Very deep RB class this year.

We traded our 5th this year for Ramsey and we traded the Rams pick for Dobbs

Yeah we rec'd the Rams 3rd from '19 and a 5th from '20.

And we got a 2 firsts ('20, '21) and a 4th ('21) for Ramsey and gave up no picks.

We did cough up our own 2020 5th for Dobbs. (And for reference our 2019 5th for Hyde)
So if Dobbs isn't rostered next year... a bit of a wasted pick (again)

(01-28-2020, 09:26 AM)JagJohn Wrote: First-Pick.com is a wonderful draft dream land

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17 (DAL): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 1 Pick 20: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B)
Round 2 Pick 10: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14 (DEN): AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson (A-)
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 9: Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26 (DET): Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A)
Round 6 Pick 3 (DET): Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 6 Pick 7 (LAC): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (A)
Round 7 Pick 6 (LAC): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 7 Pick 9: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida (A+)

Wow... Sign me up and don't wake me lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First one in a long time that Brown and Simmons were actually off the board before 9

9: R1P9
OT TRISTAN WIRFS
IOWA
20: R1P20
S GRANT DELPIT
LSU
42: R2P10
CB BRYCE HALL
VIRGINIA
73: R3P9
TE HUNTER BRYANT
WASHINGTON
113: R4P10
LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
165: R5P19
OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON
OREGON
189: R6P10
RB LAMICAL PERINE
FLORIDA
206: R6P27
EDGE BRYCE HUFF
MEMPHIS
223: R7P9
QB KHALIL TATE
ARIZONA

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...erry-jeudy

Kinlaw at #9 is going to be very popular. However taking Henderson at 20 over Lamb?! No chance.

(01-29-2020, 12:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...erry-jeudy

Kinlaw at #9 is going to be very popular. However taking Henderson at 20 over Lamb?! No chance.

IDK about no chance.
It may not be popular for your taste... but CB is a bigger need and WR is a deeper class than CB.

I'd probably take Henderson, Diggs, Josh Jones, or Epenesa in this particular mock over any available WR. I know Lamb is a perceived star WR. But rookie WRs don't tend to have an immediate impact. And if we're looking for a guy to add to Chark, Conley, and Westbrook I could see (and would prefer) us waiting until round 3 or 4 to address the position.

Tampa taking Jacob Eason is crazy to me.
Also Simmons going top 5 is a little crazy to me too.

Diggs isn't in my top 6 corners atm

(01-29-2020, 12:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...erry-jeudy

There's a long time to go yet, but Kinlaw had an impressive senior bowl and could be one who rises out of our reach.

Although it would take one of the QBs or OTs to fall..

Still early days, but the mockers seem fairly confident these four will go before we pick at nine.

Joe Burrow, Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Derrick Brown

The other four to go ahead of us are less clear, but I think its a fair bet there will be at least one QB among them.

Probably Tagovailoa and Herbert.

So that means we probably see one or two OTs or maybe someone like Simmons go before it's our turn to pick.

I guess that means we're looking at a choice of a DT (probably Kinlaw) a WR (Jeudy or Lamb) or the next best OT. Or maybe Simmons, if he's still there.

(01-29-2020, 01:14 PM)Kane Wrote:

IDK about no chance.
It may not be popular for your taste... but CB is a bigger need and WR is a deeper class than CB.

I'd probably take Henderson, Diggs, Josh Jones, or Epenesa in this particular mock over any available WR. I know Lamb is a perceived star WR. But rookie WRs don't tend to have an immediate impact. And if we're looking for a guy to add to Chark, Conley, and Westbrook I could see (and would prefer) us waiting until round 3 or 4 to address the position.

What? Dawg. Rookie WRs have been making immediate impacts for a while now. AJ Brown, McLaurin and Metcalf just this season.

(01-29-2020, 02:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 01:14 PM)Kane Wrote: IDK about no chance.

What? Dawg. Rookie WRs have been making immediate impacts for a while now. AJ Brown, McLaurin and Metcalf just this season.

Exceptions to the rule, dawg.
And those are 2nd rounders you just listed, which further tells me to wait in what many consider a deep WR class...

This past season N'Keal Harry wasn't anything to write home about last year. Nor was Andy Isabella or Parris Campbell.
DJ Moore and Ridley were first round rookies in 18 (Ridley was great, Moore was good but not much of a game changer)
Chark, our guy, from that year was labeled a bust by many.

Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross weren't exceptional as first round rookie WRs in '17 really. (Ross didn't play until 2018, and was underwhelming)
Corey Coleman, Laquan Treadwell, Josh Doctson.... from 2016....
More often than not, rookie WRs aren't going to change the game for you.

Over the past 10 years only 8 rookie WRs (including AJ Brown) ever topped 1k yards.
And if we can get a 3rd round rookie WR to come in and give us 600 yards and a handful of TDs I'd rather us do that instead of spending a first on a WR to do it.

(01-29-2020, 04:28 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 02:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What? Dawg. Rookie WRs have been making immediate impacts for a while now. AJ Brown, McLaurin and Metcalf just this season.

Exceptions to the rule, dawg.
And those are 2nd rounders you just listed, which further tells me to wait in what many consider a deep WR class...

This past season N'Keal Harry wasn't anything to write home about last year. Nor was Andy Isabella or Parris Campbell.
DJ Moore and Ridley were first round rookies in 18 (Ridley was great, Moore was good but not much of a game changer)

Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross weren't exceptional as first round rookie WRs in '17 really. (Ross didn't play until 2018, and was underwhelming)

Over the past 10 years only 8 rookie WRs (including AJ Brown) ever topped 1k yards.
And if we can get a 3rd round rookie WR to come in and give us 600 yards and a handful of TDs I'd rather us do that instead of spending a first on a WR to do it.
If 1K is your benchmark then yes, you may not find many who are making an impact. However this year, you could argue Deebo Samuel, Metcalf, McLaurin, AJ Brown, Hollywood, Diontae Johnson, Slayton, Renfrow, Preston Williams, and Mecole Hardman all made an impact on their offenses.

In 2018, DJ Moore, Ridley, Sutton, and Anthony Miller made impacts. 

In 2017, Juju, Kupp and even Keelan Cole made an impact.

In 2016, Hill, Thomas, Fuller, and Boyd all made an impact.

My point for taking Lamb isn't just with the fact that he would immediately make an impact on the Jags but that having Lamb and Chark for the foreseeable future would be down right nasty.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 03:10 AM by Andy G.)

On the rookie WRs, there are examples of players like Beckham, Evans, Cooper and Thomas who produced right from the start.

There are also examples of highly-drafted WRa who never worked out, like Treadwell.

Some are drafted in later rounds and turn out to be really good.

But I think if they’re good enough, they can hit the ground running. So the key (and this goes for drafting any player!) is simply drafting the right player, isn’t it?

If they really like one of the top WRa I would have absolutely no problem with them picking him. The right player could be an offensive game-changer.

(01-29-2020, 04:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 04:28 PM)Kane Wrote: Exceptions to the rule, dawg.

If 1K is your benchmark then yes, you may not find many who are making an impact. However this year, you could argue Deebo Samuel, Metcalf, McLaurin, AJ Brown, Hollywood, Diontae Johnson, Slayton, Renfrow, Preston Williams, and Mecole Hardman all made an impact on their offenses.

My point for taking Lamb isn't just with the fact that he would immediately make an impact on the Jags but that having Lamb and Chark for the foreseeable future would be down right nasty.

OK but many of the guys listed aren't first rounders... so why spend high draft capital on a guy when we could possibly find a contributor in a later round?
We need OL, DL, DB, and LB more than we need a WR.

I don't doubt Lamb's ability at all. I just don't think our roster needs and state of our current franchise warrant a high pick for WR. I once thought we should possibly draft a guy like Jeudy at 9 but was convinced by others that our guys currently rostered have enough speed and gain enough separation that WR really isn't an issue.

Late round guys like Van Jefferson or mid round guys like Claypool/Pittman are probably better picks for value.
I stand by my statement... if it's me, I'm not taking a WR at 20 with a bigger need elsewhere on the team not being met (OT, OG, CB)

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 12:01 PM by Cleatwood.)

(01-30-2020, 11:13 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 04:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If 1K is your benchmark then yes, you may not find many who are making an impact. However this year, you could argue Deebo Samuel, Metcalf, McLaurin, AJ Brown, Hollywood, Diontae Johnson, Slayton, Renfrow, Preston Williams, and Mecole Hardman all made an impact on their offenses.

OK but many of the guys listed aren't first rounders... so why spend high draft capital on a guy when we could possibly find a contributor in a later round?

I don't doubt Lamb's ability at all. I just don't think our roster needs and state of our current franchise warrant a high pick for WR. I once thought we should possibly draft a guy like Jeudy at 9 but was convinced by others that our guys currently rostered have enough speed and gain enough separation that WR really isn't an issue.

Late round guys like Van Jefferson or mid round guys like Claypool/Pittman are probably better picks for value.
I stand by my statement... if it's me, I'm not taking a WR at 20 with a bigger need elsewhere on the team not being met (OT, OG, CB)
I don't necessarily disagree with you but for me, the value with Lamb at 20 would be too great to pass up. He's a top 10, possibly top 5, talent and at 20, he would be a steal.

I'm not advocating taking just any WR at 20 but if Jeudy or Lamb are there, I'm taking them and not thinking twice.

Latest effort from fanspeak using the Matt Miller board.

I tried to do it as I would expect them to approach it.

Feels kinda... realisticy? As in, not that exciting but fills a lot of needs and could turn out ok... I dunno.

9: R1P9
OT JEDRICK WILLS
ALABAMA
20: R1P20
CB KRISTIAN FULTON
LSU
42: R2P10
DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE
OKLAHOMA
73: R3P9
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR
113: R4P10
TE THADDEUS MOSS
LSU
165: R5P19
RB ANTONIO GIBSON
MEMPHIS
189: R6P10
S J.R. REED
GEORGIA
206: R6P27
DL DAVON HAMILTON
OHIO STATE
223: R7P9
CB JAMES PIERRE
FLORIDA ATLANTIC

(01-30-2020, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 11:13 AM)Kane Wrote: OK but many of the guys listed aren't first rounders... so why spend high draft capital on a guy when we could possibly find a contributor in a later round?

I don't necessarily disagree with you but for me, the value with Lamb at 20 would be too great to pass up. He's a top 10, possibly top 5, talent and at 20, he would be a steal.

I'm not advocating taking just any WR at 20 but if Jeudy or Lamb are there, I'm taking them and not thinking twice.

I agree with it.  If someone that you consider a top 10 talent falls to 20, you field calls to see if someone wants to sell their soul for the player, but if nobody meets your price you pick him with a big smile on your face.  You work other things out as you go along.  You can have a plan, but a value like that alters it somewhat.

(01-30-2020, 02:17 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don't necessarily disagree with you but for me, the value with Lamb at 20 would be too great to pass up. He's a top 10, possibly top 5, talent and at 20, he would be a steal.

I agree with it.  If someone that you consider a top 10 talent falls to 20, you field calls to see if someone wants to sell their soul for the player, but if nobody meets your price you pick him with a big smile on your face.  You work other things out as you go along.  You can have a plan, but a value like that alters it somewhat.
It would remind me of what happened last season. Pass rusher wasn't necessarily our biggest need but an elite talent fell to #6 and you just don't pass on them.

(01-30-2020, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 02:17 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: I agree with it.  If someone that you consider a top 10 talent falls to 20, you field calls to see if someone wants to sell their soul for the player, but if nobody meets your price you pick him with a big smile on your face.  You work other things out as you go along.  You can have a plan, but a value like that alters it somewhat.
It would remind me of what happened last season. Pass rusher wasn't necessarily our biggest need but an elite talent fell to #6 and you just don't pass on them.

Completely on board with this, especially since we've got the additional picks.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

This is what a BAP draft looks like

If the draft fell like this I would love this draft

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...rst-round/

I too would like 2 players who won't make it to our pick

(01-30-2020, 08:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is what a BAP draft looks like

If the draft fell like this I would love this draft

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...rst-round/
I would be on board.