Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags officially pick 9 and 20.

Instead of posting in a "now we pick 8, now 7, then 5, now 9" thread...let's just post in a new one now that we officially know where we're picking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brown and Biadasz are my dream realistic first 2 picks

I'm still looking at the 20 range prospects, but 9 is easily narrowed down to Brown, Wills Jr, and Simmons. I think the first two will be gone so I think Simmons will be my BAP.

Simmons at 9 and Delpit at 20 would be awesome.

But I have a feeling Delpit won't be there at 20 if you don't take him at 9.

Simmons can do more defensively. Fits a bigger need but the value is right.

Biadasz at 20 would be okay. Would be tempted to take Kinlaw though if he's still on the board.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2020, 05:42 PM by Cleatwood.)

I’m very intrigued to see what happens with Herbert. Will he still be top 10? Will he drop like Lock?

And if the medical checks out and Tua is there at 9, I’m running to the podium. This screams Watson all over again.

Aren't the latest rumors that Tua is leaning toward staying at Bama?

Yeah bama fans have been sure he's staying for a while

Isaiah Simmons and the best O-Linemen. Got to prepare everything for Trevor Lawrence 2021

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2020, 06:39 PM by Caldrac.)

Good for Tagovailoa if he returns. Great for us as well. He'll increase his stock for 2021 with another good year under his belt.

This gives us yet another opportunity to land a more polished and ready QB prospect in 2021 if Minshew cannot elevate his play further in 2020.

(01-01-2020, 05:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m very intrigued to see what happens with Herbert. Will he still be top 10? Will he drop like Lock?

And if the medical checks out and Tua is there at 9, I’m running to the podium. This screams Watson all over again.
A lot of people think he'll end up in Tampa Bay. Which makes sense with Winston coming off a year with 30 interceptions.

He's not Bruce Arians QB to begin with. When recently asked if he could win with another QB he basically said if he could win with Winston he certainly could with another.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-01-2020, 06:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Aren't the latest rumors that Tua is leaning toward staying at Bama?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...6381808648

I really hope he goes pro. If so just a better chance of Brown or Simmons falling to us

Wills or Brown or Simmons

Then

Wirfs or Kinlaw or Murray or Hall

Simmons very popular, and he sure looks like an exciting prospect... But the big question is, where do you see him fitting into this defense? He doesn't seem like a MLB type, do you play him at weakside and let Jack stay in the middle? Or do you put him in at SS like Clemson have used him a lot this year?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 08:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we dont go oline in the 1st, Trey Smith is probably my top guy in the 2nd. Can play G or T, I remember when he was coming out as a freshman one of the most touted players to come out. Played great his freshman year to where he got 2nd All SEC, this year has played great as a guard to get 1st All SEC. He will be playing tonight and the is the one guy I will be watching. As long as he checks out medically would be a great pickup in the 2nd.

https://nflmocks.com/2020/01/02/2020-nfl...ft/amp/21/

Jeudy and Fulton in the first would be wicked

(01-02-2020, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we dont go oline in the 1st, Trey Brown is probably my top guy in the 2nd.  Can play G or T, I remember when he was coming out as a freshman one of the most touted players to come out.  Played great his freshman year to where he got 2nd All SEC, this year has played great as a guard to get 1st All SEC.  He will be playing tonight and the is the one guy I will be watching.  As long as he checks out medically would be a great pickup in the 2nd.

Do you mean Trey Smith? He would be a great addition to the offensive line.

(01-02-2020, 08:05 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we dont go oline in the 1st, Trey Brown is probably my top guy in the 2nd.  Can play G or T, I remember when he was coming out as a freshman one of the most touted players to come out.  Played great his freshman year to where he got 2nd All SEC, this year has played great as a guard to get 1st All SEC.  He will be playing tonight and the is the one guy I will be watching.  As long as he checks out medically would be a great pickup in the 2nd.

Do you mean Trey Smith? He would be a great addition to the offensive line.

Yes, my bad.  Ten. vs Indiana on right now

So far I see the position groups like this:

QB: Average
RB: Elite
WR: Elite
TE: Bad
OT: Good
Interior: Good
Edge: Bad
LB: Bad
CB: Elite
S: Average

(01-02-2020, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: So far I see the position groups like this:

This is why I think they'll go defense with both of their picks on opening night. It starts to slim down talent wise after RD2 for me.

They'll look to land the best CB and one of the top two or three athletes overall at DT, LB or S.

I really think defense will be the focal point on opening night in general across the NFL.

(01-02-2020, 09:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: So far I see the position groups like this:

This is why I think they'll go defense with both of their picks on opening night. It starts to slim down talent wise after RD2 for me.

They'll look to land the best CB and one of the top two or three athletes overall at DT, LB or S.

I really think defense will be the focal point on opening night in general across the NFL.

Agree, the only offensive player I think we might take in the 1st is Biadasz with the 2nd pick.  Doug and Tom know how much we need a RG.   I do think its almost a lock though that we take Brown or Simmons with our pick at 9 unless something crazy happens between now and then.