Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Confirmation of the obvious - OL Rankings

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 07:46 AM by I am Yoda.)

PFF grades confirm the obvious:  our OL is a huge problem.  Linder was the only lineman to receive positive mention.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-l...lar-season

(01-02-2020, 07:45 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: PFF grades confirm the obvious:  our OL is a huge problem.  Linder was the only lineman to receive positive mention.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

While defense needs a lot of attention, nothing needs more than the O line.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 08:04 AM by ATLjag.)

26th in their ranking. I think they ranked the OL more favorably than I would have...

Not only does Murray have a better oline than Minshew, but no QB has more sacks that are his fault than Murray. Interesting what it says about Tunsil and Stanley as well, some were saying they weren't top 5 LTs

(01-02-2020, 08:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: 26th in their ranking.  I think they ranked the OL more favorably than I would have...

It's difficult to know without really digging into all the other lines, but yeah it sure feels that way. I think they were more charitable to Linder than I would have been too. Seemed like his worst year as a pro.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 09:08 AM by MikePete54.)

And Linder was not that good this season tbh.

I would draft a center ( Tyler Biadasz ?) and bring Linder back to RG. Cam move to LG.
Goodbye Norwell and Cann.
Then we need an LT.

LT-Cam-Biadasz-Linder-Taylor

This is why I am perplexed when I see more than a few mock drafts having Jacksonville focus exclusively on defense with both first round picks...not that we ought to use both on the Oline either, but at least one ought to be

(01-02-2020, 09:09 AM)Nikowho Wrote: This is why I am perplexed when I see more than a few mock drafts having Jacksonville focus exclusively on defense with both first round picks...not that we ought to use both on the Oline either, but at least one ought to be

It's because Todd Wash is a tool, and in order for his defensive scheme to even be mediocre, he needs top 5 draft picks at every position.

So. A few things.

1. The odds of this team essentially replacing three of their lineman in one season is slim to none.

At least with a set of viable and clear cut upgrades.

2. Like it or not. The indication so far is that this year's draft will be heavy on defense early.

So much like last year where a lot of you were hoping for Hockenson. Odds are? You're looking at another top defender with that 9th overall pick.

Whether it's Brown, Simmons, Okudah or Delpit. Odds say it's our guy.

The 20th pick is where I have some concerns. Hoping for a trade down at that point.

This is where they "might" get two lineman within reason. Like a Biadasz or Leatherwood.

Just kind of hope the value makes sense. Been saying for awhile that they'll have to try and salvage Robinson and/or Linder by moving them around.

So you gain two starters by drafting one decent prospect. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think you can fix 3 OL positions in 1 offseason, but that would have to be your priority. Is that the Jags priority? Probably not. It wouldn't surprise me to see a QB, WR, SS picked with the first 3 picks, with this group. But, if you REALLY fix 2 OL positions you can probably get by with one weaker link like they did in the playoff run. IMO, coming out of this offseason the Jags HAVE to fix at least 2 OL, TE, MLB, DT to be competitive. Whether that is via draft, FA, or whatever, those positions have to be fixed and oh yeah, there's not a lot of cap space at the moment. You could possibly fix the TE position with the health of last years pick and a couple of the other scrubs that came through. If DT Dareus isn't going to be healthy or willing to restructure his contract there has to be a new face because once he went out it was horrid inside.

(01-03-2020, 12:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote: So. A few things.

1. The odds of this team essentially replacing three of their lineman in one season is slim to none.

At least with a set of viable and clear cut upgrades.

2. Like it or not. The indication so far is that this year's draft will be heavy on defense early.

So much like last year where a lot of you were hoping for Hockenson. Odds are? You're looking at another top defender with that 9th overall pick.

Whether it's Brown, Simmons, Okudah or Delpit. Odds say it's our guy.

The 20th pick is where I have some concerns. Hoping for a trade down at that point.

This is where they "might" get two lineman within reason. Like a Biadasz or Leatherwood.

Just kind of hope the value makes sense. Been saying for awhile that they'll have to try and salvage Robinson and/or Linder by moving them around.

So you gain two starters by drafting one decent prospect. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Saw Leatherwood isnt coming out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-02-2020, 09:05 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: And Linder was not that good this season tbh.

I would draft a center ( Tyler Biadasz ?) and bring Linder back to RG. Cam move to LG.
Then we need an LT.

I see a lot of people advocating moving Cam Robinson to guard.  I am wondering if that is as plausible as it sounds.  What makes people think he would be a good guard?

(01-03-2020, 06:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 09:05 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: And Linder was not that good this season tbh.

Then we need an LT.

I see a lot of people advocating moving Cam Robinson to guard.  I am wondering if that is as plausible as it sounds.  What makes people think he would be a good guard?

I'm guessing it's because the Jags have been better running to the left for the most part and Cam has gotten whipped in pass protection, but he might be helped having Linder to his right and a better tackle than him to his left.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 11:57 AM by MikePete54.)

(01-03-2020, 07:56 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 06:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I see a lot of people advocating moving Cam Robinson to guard.  I am wondering if that is as plausible as it sounds.  What makes people think he would be a good guard?

I'm guessing it's because the Jags have been better running to the left for the most part and Cam has gotten whipped in pass protection, but he might be helped having Linder to his right and a better tackle than him to his left.

This. Cam has been bad on pass protection. Seems too slow on his feet against pass rushers. 

I really like Tyler Biadasz, probably a stud at center. Not that Linder is a bad center, but he was a beast when he played RG. If we can grab Biadasz and move Linder to RG, it would perfect IMO.
Then you have to find a good LT...easy to say  Blush

Having this bad an offensive line makes Gardner's TD:INT ratio even more astounding. He's a ROOKIE folks!

(01-03-2020, 08:36 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 07:56 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'm guessing it's because the Jags have been better running to the left for the most part and Cam has gotten whipped in pass protection, but he might be helped having Linder to his right and a better tackle than him to his left.

This. Cam has been bad on pass protection. Seems too slow on his feet against pass rushers. 

I really like Tyler Biadasz, probably a stud at center. Not that Linder is a bad center, but he was a beast when he played RG. If we can grad Biadasz and move Linder to RG, it would perfect IMO.
Then you have to find a good LT...easy to say  Blush

Yes.  It's about Cam struggling in protection to the outside - or cheating in that direction so much that he gets flagged or gives up the inside. It is indeed his feet that betray him in this element of his game at LT.   It's not a fantasy to envision him doing a bit better at guard where that trait would be mitigated. 

A line with:    a stud LT - Cam  - Biadasz -  Linder  - Taylor 
- would conceivably be a marked improvement. 

I wonder if anyone is knocking around the idea of trading up for Andrew Thomas?  
Is there another LT in the draft that looks to be a clear upgrade to Cam?

(01-03-2020, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is there another LT in the draft that looks to be a clear upgrade to Cam?

Yep, OT1 Jedrick Wills Jr. Best feet in the class and is also maybe the best mauler in the class. Only worry is that he played RT at Bama because of Leatherwood, but I haven't seen anyone (except olinematters being stubborn) that thinks he can't flip to the left side with ease. Especially since RT was actually the blindside for Tua.

(01-03-2020, 12:25 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is there another LT in the draft that looks to be a clear upgrade to Cam?

Yep, OT1 Jedrick Wills Jr. Best feet in the class and is also maybe the best mauler in the class. Only worry is that he played RT at Bama because of Leatherwood, but I haven't seen anyone (except olinematters being stubborn) that thinks he can't flip to the left side with ease. Especially since RT was actually the blindside for Tua.

Likely there at #9 you think?  (i know his stock will change)

I've come to to agree with your preseason take on Cam btw, you called that one. Props when due.

LT: Big hole, won't be solved via FA, likely need a top 6O pick to fix. If not you are banking on Cam to improve with another year removed from injury (if wager his flaws stay the same)

LG: Norwell.....is not good and obviously not worth the deal. That said snap to snap he isn't really a weak link. Just a slightly below average guard with some good games.

C: I maintain Linder is still the same above average center he's always been, just very harshly penalised with the whistle (part of me tends to think Warhops techniques have had some effect). Not an issue going forward.

RG: Big hole. Cann is still bad. Richardson wasn't much better (but think there's more upside there). Can probably fix this one with a decent FA deal or at least get similar play from a kid round pick.

RT: Taylor is a good example of how the draft won't fix your offensive line. He was one of the best rookie linemen this year and still below average as a tackle. His play should continue on from the end of this season and I'd expect him to be around an average RT.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 01:25 PM by JagJohn.)

General consensus on here seems to be to draft a stud LT and move Cam inside to compete at guard, which hopefully could improve two spots on the OL in just one move. I still have my doubts that the coaching staff / FO / Cam himself will actually go for this though.