Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
USA provokes War by killing Iran second in command

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:16 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1...5127186432

Thousands and thousands of innocent people will die because of this

https://twitter.com/medeabenjamin/status...6386101248

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2020, 11:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1...5127186432

It was a justified retaliation for their attack on our Embassy. Next time we will retaliate even harder. 

And if Ireland has any problem with this, screw them.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-02-2020, 11:20 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1...5127186432

It was a justified retaliation for their attack on our Embassy. Next time we will retaliate even harder. 

Their "attack" on an embassy didn't happen in a vacuum.   
I don't see what my country has to do with critiquing a foreign aggressor taking out heads of state

Trump and the U.S. are doomed. Tweets from two random people confirm this.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:32 PM by JackCity.)

(01-02-2020, 11:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Trump and the U.S. are doomed. Tweets from two random people confirm this.

The content of the tweets are more important than who is tweeting them. But you already know that

Theres always a tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...4855825408

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:33 PM by homebiscuit.)

https://www.foxnews.com/world/rockets-ba...s-reported

"In April 2019, the State Department announced Iran was responsible for killing 608 U.S. troops during the Iraq War. Soleimani was the head of the Iranian and Iranian-backed forces carrying out those operations killing American troops. According to the State Department, 17 percent of all deaths of U.S. personnel in Iraq from 2003 to 2011 were orchestrated by Soleimani."

(01-02-2020, 11:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trump and the U.S. are doomed. Tweets from two random people confirm this.

The content of the tweets are more important than who is tweeting them. But you already know that

Theres always a tweet

Especially if they agree with you, right?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:36 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-02-2020, 11:33 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Their "attack" on an embassy didn't happen in a vacuum.   
I don't see what my country has to do with critiquing a foreign aggressor taking out heads of state

Soleimani wasn't a "head of state." He was a 'most revered' military leader.

But I agree. An Iranian military leader leading an attack on the US embassy in Iraq is definitely a foreign aggressor.

No, no, no. The random tweeters said he was a head of state, so he is. Don't argue. The content of the tweet matters more than facts.

I figure it won't be long until the NYT chimes in that he was there to show support to the "Iraqi mourners" who attacked our embassy.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:38 PM by JackCity.)

(01-02-2020, 11:33 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Their "attack" on an embassy didn't happen in a vacuum.   

Soleimani wasn't a "head of state." He was a 'most revered' military leader.

But I agree. An Iranian military leader leading an attack on the US embassy in Iraq is definitely a foreign aggressor.

You obviously haven't been following along. He's the 2nd most powerful man in Iran, had vast political power and was next in line for the head role. He is for all intents and purposes a head of state figure, beloved across Iran for his work fighting ISIS

(01-02-2020, 11:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/world/rockets-ba...s-reported

"In April 2019, the State Department announced Iran was responsible for killing 608 U.S. troops during the Iraq War. Soleimani was the head of the Iranian and Iranian-backed forces carrying out those operations killing American troops. According to the State Department, 17 percent of all deaths of U.S. personnel in Iraq from 2003 to 2011 were orchestrated by Soleimani."

(01-02-2020, 11:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: The content of the tweets are more important than who is tweeting them. But you already know that

Theres always a tweet

Now do the US numbers

(01-02-2020, 11:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:20 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: It was a justified retaliation for their attack on our Embassy. Next time we will retaliate even harder. 

Their "attack" on an embassy didn't happen in a vacuum.   

Sulaimani was the foreign aggressor. He was an Iranian military leader leading an attack on the US embassy in a country foreign to him.

Don't know which "head of state" was taken out.

I just assumed that everyone in your country was as clueless as you in this matter.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:39 PM by mikesez.)

(01-02-2020, 11:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/world/rockets-ba...s-reported

I don't claim to know anything about Soleimani or why he saw a need to attack so many US troops that were not even in his country.  Maybe he had stopped? Maybe he was trying to play nice? Or maybe not.  Probably not.  
I don't mourn Soleimani.
But I don't think any of this ends with US still having an embassy in Baghdad.  
I just hope all our guys make it out of there safe, and I hope the Kurds in Erbil don't take any collateral damage
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-02-2020, 11:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:33 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Soleimani wasn't a "head of state." He was a 'most revered' military leader.

You obviously haven't been following along. He's the 2nd most powerful man in Iran, had vast political power and was next in line for the head role. He is for all intents and purposes a head of state figure, beloved across Iran for his work fighting ISIS

Now do the US numbers

Did this guy owe you money, or something?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 11:45 PM by JackCity.)

(01-02-2020, 11:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Sulaimani was the foreign aggressor. He was an Iranian military leader leading an attack on the US embassy in a country foreign to him.

Don't know which "head of state" was taken out.

I just assumed that everyone in your country was as clueless as you in this matter.

Again none of that happens in a vacuum.The US is a foreign aggressor against Iran and others in the middle east. 

He is effectively vice president of Iran, he is a head of state. The same way Ireland has multiple heads of state, as does England. The country jibes dont really work when its America talking

(01-02-2020, 11:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: You obviously haven't been following along. He's the 2nd most powerful man in Iran, had vast political power and was next in line for the head role. He is for all intents and purposes a head of state figure, beloved across Iran for his work fighting ISIS

Now do the US numbers

Did this guy owe you money, or something?

I sure hope not

But by all means, we should mask our political hatred for Donald Trump as indignation that a murderous thug, um, foreign leader, was killed.

Should we spare some of our self-righteous indignation for this, as well?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Iranian_protests

The 2019 Iranian protests (Persian: اعتراضات سراسری ۱۳۹۸ ایران‎) are a series of civil protests occurring in multiple cities across Iran, initially from a 50%–200% (approximately 6.5–19.5 cents US)[15][16][17][18] increase in fuel prices, but included an outcry against the government in Iran and Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.[19][20] The protests commenced in the evening of 15 November and within hours spread to 21 cities as videos of the protest began to circulate online.[21][22][23] Images of the violent protests were shared on the internet with protests reaching international levels.[24]

Although the protests began as peaceful gatherings, they soon turned into violent riots and revolt against the Iranian government.[25] The Iranian government-employed tactics to shut down the protests including a nationwide internet shutdown and, according to Amnesty international, shooting protesters dead from rooftops, helicopters, and at close range with machine gun fire. According to the residents, as reported by the New York Times, the government forces then proceeded to confiscate the bodies of the dead protesters and truck them away to mask the true casualty count and severity of the protests. Amnesty International wrote that the families of murdered protesters were threatened by the government from speaking to the media or holding funerals.[26][27] The government killed 1,500 Iranian citizens.[9][28][29] The government crackdown prompted a violent reaction from protesters who destroyed 731 government banks including Iran's central bank, nine Islamic religious centres, tore down anti-American billboards, and posters and statues of the Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. 50 government military bases were also attacked by protesters. This series of protests have been categorized as the most violent and severe since the rise of Iran's Islamic Republic in 1979.[30][31][26]

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

American citizens diding with a terrorist who killed our soldiers and attacked our embassy.... they hate the president that much...

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 07:01 AM by The Real Marty.)

At first glance, it appears that the United States assassinated a foreign leader.  The question is, is it worth it?  Iran will certainly respond very forcefully.  They could choose a cyberattack, or they could support major acts of terrorism in the United States, or any of a lot of other options.   And since we have now assassinated one of their top people, does that bring open season on our top people?  Will one of our top generals in the region be assassinated by a car bomb, or a suicide bomber?  And what happens then?  

I don't have any faith that the Trump administration has thought this through.  We've chosen to go down a road, and we don't know what's at the end of it.  Or if there even is an end to it.

This will no doubt strengthen the hand of the hard liners in Iran, and possibly unite the people of Iran against the United States.  This at a time when Iranians have been in the streets protesting against their government.  This will end those protests.  

At first glance, this looks like a major blunder by the Trump administration.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 07:54 AM by The Drifter.)

I've been wanting to take out Iran since 1979 when they took our people hostage for 444 days. It's about damn time we have someone in office with the testicular fortitude to actually do something when they attack us....
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-03-2020, 06:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: At first glance, it appears that the United States assassinated a foreign leader.  The question is, is it worth it?  Iran will certainly respond very forcefully.  They could choose a cyberattack, or they could support major acts of terrorism in the United States, or any of a lot of other options.   And since we have now assassinated one of their top people, does that bring open season on our top people?  Will one of our top generals in the region be assassinated by a car bomb, or a suicide bomber?  And what happens then?  

I don't have any faith that the Trump administration has thought this through.  We've chosen to go down a road, and we don't know what's at the end of it.  Or if there even is an end to it.

This will no doubt strengthen the hand of the hard liners in Iran, and possibly unite the people of Iran against the United States.  This at a time when Iranians have been in the streets protesting against their government.  This will end those protests.  

Of course they won’t be protesting their government, Marty. They were mowed down with machine gun fire the last time they did. Are these the protesters you believe will take up your banner of ‘Orange Man Bad’ and storm the ramparts against Trump’s imperialist aggression? Help me understand.

(01-03-2020, 06:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: At first glance, it appears that the United States assassinated a foreign leader.  The question is, is it worth it?  Iran will certainly respond very forcefully.  They could choose a cyberattack, or they could support major acts of terrorism in the United States, or any of a lot of other options.   And since we have now assassinated one of their top people, does that bring open season on our top people?  Will one of our top generals in the region be assassinated by a car bomb, or a suicide bomber?  And what happens then?  

So let me get this right.  This guy kills american soldiers attacks our embassy and your concern is that the protests against his regime will stop.  No mention of the fact that he was also coordinating the oppression of said protestors?

The US took out the foreign military leader who led an attack against the US outside his own country. It was a measured proportional response that avoided killing Iranian citizens. This is exactly what should be done. It was perfectly in the purview of the President to respond to an attack on the US, and such a response doesn't need congressional approval like the idiot who JackCity quoted implied. I would have applauded Obama had he done something similar in Libya. Do you hate Trump so much that you will resort to defending Sulaimani?

As far as your question, if Iran initiates a further attack on the US then the entire Iranian navy is turned into artificial reefs.

Hey Iran, want to try another attack on the US? Make my day!