Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
USA provokes War by killing Iran second in command

(01-05-2020, 03:03 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 01:02 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The Iraqi Parliament has voted to remove all foreign troops from their country.

They voted to start planning for that to happen.

No telling how long before that becomes something feasible.

Right now their military can't even keep ISIS at bay without foreign help much less defend themselves from another country.

It was mostly just Shiite backlash for attacking fellow Shiites. They said most of the Sunnis and Kurds didn't even bother to show up for the vote so there is no telling how binding this resolution actually is.

It was largely a symbolic vote. Much like the impeachment vote in our own House.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2020, 03:03 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 01:02 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The Iraqi Parliament has voted to remove all foreign troops from their country.

They voted to start planning for that to happen.

Right now their military can't even keep ISIS at bay without foreign help much less defend themselves from another country.

It was mostly just Shiite backlash for attacking fellow Shiites. They said most of the Sunnis and Kurds didn't even bother to show up for the vote so there is no telling how binding this resolution actually is.

We do help keep ISIS at bay, but, Iran helps more.  The US and Iran did a decent job staying out of each other's way in this mission for a few years.  But that's all over now. Our operations against ISIS are on pause. A lot of Iraq's militia still takes orders from Iran. With the US and Iran now afraid of each other, looks like an opportunity for ISIS.  But we'll see.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-05-2020, 03:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 03:03 PM)Predator Wrote: They voted to start planning for that to happen.

We do help keep ISIS at bay, but, Iran helps more.  The US and Iran did a decent job staying out of each other's way in this mission for a few years.  But that's all over now. Our operations against ISIS are on pause. A lot of Iraq's militia still takes orders from Iran. With the US and Iran now afraid of each other, looks like an opportunity for ISIS.  But we'll see.

"Afraid of each other", lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-05-2020, 03:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 03:03 PM)Predator Wrote: They voted to start planning for that to happen.

This is a joke right?

Iran may have given some support, but they have only 13 confirmed deaths in Iraq so they obviously haven't been doing much fighting.

Our airstrikes alone dwarfs anyone else's involvement in Iraq.

You don't do something as bold as taking out their second in command if we were scared of them. That's just stupid.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 05:33 PM by TJBender.)

I would just like to thank the boomers among us for ending the world. Because of your stupidity and gullibility, my generation won’t have to worry about paying off our student loans.

(01-05-2020, 05:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: I would just like to thank the boomers among us for ending the world. Because of your stupidity and gullibility, my generation won’t have to worry about paying off our student loans.

Drama Queen much?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-05-2020, 05:22 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 03:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: We do help keep ISIS at bay, but, Iran helps more.  The US and Iran did a decent job staying out of each other's way in this mission for a few years.  But that's all over now. Our operations against ISIS are on pause. A lot of Iraq's militia still takes orders from Iran. With the US and Iran now afraid of each other, looks like an opportunity for ISIS.  But we'll see.
This is a joke right?

Iran may have given some support, but they have only 13 confirmed deaths in Iraq so they obviously haven't been doing much fighting.

You don't do something as bold as taking out their second in command if we were scared of them. That's just stupid.

Ah, you're equivocating but you may not realize it.
Officially, there are not many Iranian military in Iraq.  Unofficially, the ones who are there have recruited, equipped, paid, and commanded most of the Iraqi militia that did the fighting against ISIS.
So yes, Iran is responsible for most of the work of kicking ISIS out of Mosul and most of the rest of Iraq.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 06:20 PM by Predator.)

(01-05-2020, 05:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 05:22 PM)Predator Wrote: This is a joke right?

Officially, there are not many Iranian military in Iraq.  Unofficially, the ones who are there have recruited, equipped, paid, and commanded most of the Iraqi militia that did the fighting against ISIS.
So yes, Iran is responsible for most of the work of kicking ISIS out of Mosul and most of the rest of Iraq.

So you are trying to say we didn't equip pay and command forces against ISIS?

It was the US led coalition who won the biggest battle and broke the back of ISIS when we took back Mosul. Any support Iran has given pales in comparison to the significance and scope of that one battle alone

You really like to just make up stuff.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 06:29 PM by Predator.)

How about you give us some evidence backing up your claim. I can't find a single shred of evidence supporting it.

(01-05-2020, 06:18 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 05:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ah, you're equivocating but you may not realize it.

So you are trying to say we didn't equip pay and command forces against ISIS?

It was the US led coalition who won the biggest battle and broke the back of ISIS when we took back Mosul. Any support Iran has given pales in comparison to the significance and scope of that one battle alone

Oh we definitely did equip, pay, and command forces against ISIS. But so did Iran. And a lot of the militia dudes who were in our orbit are now in theirs, as the mission to defeat ISIS is winding down.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 07:23 PM by Predator.)

(01-05-2020, 06:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 06:18 PM)Predator Wrote: So you are trying to say we didn't equip pay and command forces against ISIS?

Oh we definitely did equip, pay, and command forces against ISIS. But so did Iran. And a lot of the militia dudes who were in our orbit are now in theirs, as the mission to defeat ISIS is winding down.

I forgot to mention that we also trained, equipped, and supplied Iraq's national military forces.

So I guess this proves you just made up the plot line about Iran doing more for Iraq against ISIS than the US.

Those Shiite militias were only ever in our orbit when fighting the common enemy ISIS. They will go back to doing what they did before which was blowing up Iraqi people in order to overthrow the government all supported by Iran's dollar.

(01-05-2020, 07:21 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 06:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: Oh we definitely did equip, pay, and command forces against ISIS. But so did Iran. And a lot of the militia dudes who were in our orbit are now in theirs, as the mission to defeat ISIS is winding down.

I forgot to mention that we also trained, equipped, and supplied Iraq's national military forces.

So I guess this proves you just made up the plot line about Iran doing more for Iraq against ISIS than the US.

Those Shiite militias were only ever in our orbit when fighting the common enemy ISIS. They will go back to doing what they did before which was blowing up Iraqi people in order to overthrow the government all supported by Iran's dollar.

Were you there?
I wasn't (I know you're surprised) but I'm just telling you what I remember reading at the time.
I hope you're right.  I hope we played the bigger role, or at least, I hope ordinary Iraqis believe we played the bigger role.
We'll see how it plays out.  Either the US or Iran is getting kicked out of Baghdad.

I can never remember how to spell seditious

Officially, there are not many Iranian military in Iraq.  Unofficially, the ones who are there have recruited, equipped, paid, and commanded most of the Iraqi militia that did the fighting against ISIS. the terrorists that attacked our embassy.

babble... babble... babble...

FTFY.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-05-2020, 07:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 05:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ah, you're equivocating but you may not realize it.
Officially, there are not many Iranian military in Iraq.  Unofficially, the ones who are there have recruited, equipped, paid, and commanded most of the Iraqi militia that did the fighting against ISIS. the terrorists that attacked our embassy.

babble... babble... babble...

FTFY.

(01-05-2020, 05:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: I would just like to thank the boomers among us for ending the world. Because of your stupidity and gullibility, my generation won’t have to worry about paying off our student loans.

Don't worry.  Puberty will hit soon.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115219cd49208d3bc1c8...=giphy.gif]

(01-05-2020, 08:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Don't worry.  Puberty will hit soon.

Ok boomer. I’ll answer all your questions about puberty, just to help you understand what’s happening if your body ever gets around to it.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 09:29 PM by Predator.)

(01-05-2020, 07:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 07:21 PM)Predator Wrote: I forgot to mention that we also trained, equipped, and supplied Iraq's national military forces.

Were you there?
I wasn't (I know you're surprised) but I'm just telling you what I remember reading at the time.
I hope you're right.  I hope we played the bigger role, or at least, I hope ordinary Iraqis believe we played the bigger role.
We'll see how it plays out.  Either the US or Iran is getting kicked out of Baghdad.

I didn't have to be there. I was an educated adult during that time and watched it all play out in front of the world.

You always claim to remember reading something that is totally false that you can never produce.

You need to start finding some proof before you go around throwing out ridiculous claims. It makes you look very naive and ignorant.

(01-05-2020, 06:27 PM)Predator Wrote: How about you give us some evidence backing up your claim. I can't find a single shred of evidence supporting it.

https://carnegie-mec.org/2017/04/28/popu...-pub-68810