Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags post sharpest drop in NFL attendance

(01-04-2020, 09:52 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 09:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: You're clueless. Can't help you. Unless you've lived here I can't expect you to understand.

And I am not going to rehash everything that I have already laid out in this thread for you.

But you're over thinking this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How am I clueless.... How is Jacksonville different from any small-market team that hasn't performed well.... And when I'm talking about teams in attendance I'm talking about historically.... Sure every team has suffered from attendance problems from time to time.... But Jacksonville seems to have this problem more often than not..... And we have had a problem even selling out a home playoff game... So not having a winning record isn't the only reason..... And when I mention Cleveland it's because I was born and raised in Cleveland.... I was raised a browns fan... So I know all about a team historically looking bad... yet still has a huge fan base and followers that go every weekend and sell the stadium out.... I became a Jags fan back in 95/96 when they sold the browns to Baltimore... And I stuck with Jacksonville ever since.... My family on the other hand stop watching football until the browns came back in the late 90s

Jacksonville has had a team for 25 years.  How can you possibly make any valid comparison to a city that has had a team for what...75 years?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2020, 09:56 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 09:52 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: How am I clueless.... How is Jacksonville different from any small-market team that hasn't performed well.... And when I'm talking about teams in attendance I'm talking about historically.... Sure every team has suffered from attendance problems from time to time.... But Jacksonville seems to have this problem more often than not..... And we have had a problem even selling out a home playoff game... So not having a winning record isn't the only reason..... And when I mention Cleveland it's because I was born and raised in Cleveland.... I was raised a browns fan... So I know all about a team historically looking bad... yet still has a huge fan base and followers that go every weekend and sell the stadium out.... I became a Jags fan back in 95/96 when they sold the browns to Baltimore... And I stuck with Jacksonville ever since.... My family on the other hand stop watching football until the browns came back in the late 90s

Jacksonville has had a team for 25 years.  How can you possibly make any valid comparison to a city that has had a team for what...75 years?
Easily.... You make it seem like 25 years isn't long enough to support a team.... and 20 of those years Jacksonville has had an attendance problem... And if you go by those numbers.... Listen all I'm saying is just because your team isn't doing good isn't a reason not to go and support them.... Are you going to argue that.... Yes Jacksonville is God awful at times... I still travel halfway across the United States spend thousands of dollars going to games good or bad... Wearing my Jacksonville gear everyday.... I guess that just makes me a die-hard fan... And I guess a lot of fans are just there to see them win and that's it...

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 10:28 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-04-2020, 10:16 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 09:56 AM)Rico Wrote: Jacksonville has had a team for 25 years.  How can you possibly make any valid comparison to a city that has had a team for what...75 years?
Easily.... You make it seem like 25 years isn't long enough to support a team.... and 20 of those years Jacksonville has had an attendance problem... And if you go by those numbers.... Listen all I'm saying is just because your team isn't doing good isn't a reason not to go and support them.... Are you going to argue that.... Yes Jacksonville is God awful at times... I still travel halfway across the United States spend thousands of dollars going to games good or bad... Wearing my Jacksonville gear everyday.... I guess that just makes me a die-hard fan... And I guess a lot of fans are just there to see them win and that's it...

Dude, you're going to keep arguing incorrectly but until you live here and actually know the area and the people, you have no idea what you are talking about.  It's all been explained in several posts prior to this so just keep holding out those beliefs.

No, 25 years is not long enough to build a loyal fan base.  Do you realize how many transplants are down here?  Who do you think kids are going to root for if their parent are die-hard fans of other teams?  Do you know how many Bills, Steelers, Eagles, Packers, Cowboys, etc. fan clubs/bases are down here?  You're trying to correlate this to cities that have had long-time teams.

And just to note, I have had my season tickets since year one.  I relocated here in 1991 from Philadelphia.  So I understand how a predominately pro sports city works.  I still have friends that question me not rooting for the Eagles.  You just cannot correlate that to Jacksonville.  Take my word for it or not, but many of your assumptions are totally incorrect.

People who say they're not going to support their team because they suck.... Don't deserve to have a team

(01-04-2020, 10:28 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: People who say they're not going to support their team because they suck.... Don't deserve to have a team

Oooo...Mr. High and Mighty.

(01-04-2020, 10:28 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: People who say they're not going to support their team because they suck.... Don't deserve to have a team
Yet they've been supported for 25 years. Come rain or shine. We kept hearing over and over and over for years.

"The Jaguars are moving to L.A".

Here it stands. Rams to L.A. Chargers to L.A. Raiders to L.V.

"The Jaguars are moving to London instead".

Good luck with the overall logistics of having a team homebound in London. It's easy to put things on paper for clickbait.

As I said earlier. When and IF the day ever comes that this city is in trouble of losing it's team.

People will more than likely shell out a little more than they would like to keep the visual abuse in town.

Cleveland saw it's best hopes of ever winning a Superbowl pack up and move to Baltimore.

Naturally a city that's been embedded in the NFL's historical timeline for decades will have a more fond fanbase that will fight tooth and nail to keep them around.

Otto Graham and Jim Brown are legendary. Ozzie Newsome. Legendary. We're still 25 years into our history.

It's been 4 solid historical play off run's early on and then 3 play off appearances since then. It takes time to build a solid foundation.

Winning would help for certain. But to think it's the fans in 25 years hurting this team's image?

Please. . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-04-2020, 09:08 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: I do recall in the past if I'm not mistaken Jags having a hard time selling out playoff games.... So don't give me that it's been a problem with losing crap.... All I hear from other fan bases "from being an out-of-state Jags fan" is the fact that our fan base and our team can't sell out games.... Making fun of us for tarping seats... Having to have dog parks and swimming pools to get people to come support the team.... And we talk about other teams like Washington..Cleveland attendance we're talkin historically.... Not just this year or last.... The jags  historically have had an attendance problem.... And you can not deny that... Even when we were doing fairly well back in the day with a winning record we had attendance problems

All I got from this is "I don't know how to use ellipses." 

Listen. 
The Jags have not historically had an attendance problem. They've had some valleys of low sales here and there when they go long stretches without wins. They are a small market team that sells better when they win. Just like a dozen other teams with similar markets. It's incredibly common.  These attendance numbers are out there for anyone to see and support my statements and disprove yours. Please educate yourself before littering this board with this excrement.

Yes, maybe, but they don't care.  So, scold them all you want, but they don't care so it wouldn't hurt them for the team to leave.

All I'm hearing is a lot of excuses... Our team hasn't been around long enough... We have too many transplants.... I don't know the area... or the people in Jacksonville... It's too hot....I'm not going if this person's playing... I'm not going if this coach is hired... I'm not going if they keep this coach.. GM... Coordinator.... I've heard just about all of them... And the negativity on any given Sunday is mind-blowing....And yes you keep hearing that the team is going to move and I wonder why... The league when they were giving out the expansion teams back in the day all the experts said the Jacksonville and it's fan base could not support an NFL franchise... And your kind of proving their point.... And yes Jacksonville has historically had an attendance problem... I remember I've been a fan since day one....a 9-7 team had an attendance problem and we had attendance problems when we were hosting playoff games... So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't live in Jacksonville... I also hear a lot of stuff outside of Jacksonville that you guys don't... And how other fan bases and NFL teams view the fans in Jacksonville.... So go back to stick in your head in the sand and act like it's a non-issue.... And get this clear I'm not calling out people that are season ticket holders... I'm not calling out the ones that have been supporting them since day one.... The ones that go to the games obviously... I'm talking about the over negative people that simply won't support the team because they don't play well or they have a certain coach... It's those people that I'm talking about.... And if you're not one of those people then don't worry about it.... But to the ones that have lashed out at me because of my opinion? Do you have a guilty conscience? Seem to be taking it awful personally... If you go to the games your season ticket holder and you support the team through thick and thin then I'm not talking about you.... I'm talking about the fair weather fans

(01-04-2020, 11:47 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: All I'm hearing is a lot of excuses... Our team hasn't been around long enough... We have too many transplants.... I don't know the area... or the people in Jacksonville... It's too hot....I'm not going if this person's playing... I'm not going if this coach is hired... I'm not going if they keep this coach.. GM... Coordinator.... I've heard just about all of them... And the negativity on any given Sunday is mind-blowing....And yes you keep hearing that the team is going to move and I wonder why... The league when they were giving out the expansion teams back in the day all the experts said the Jacksonville and it's fan base could not support an NFL franchise... And your kind of proving their point.... And yes Jacksonville has historically had an attendance problem... I remember I've been a fan since day one....a 9-7 team had an attendance problem and we had attendance problems when we were hosting playoff games... So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't live in Jacksonville... I also hear a lot of stuff outside of Jacksonville that you guys don't... And how other fan bases and NFL teams view the fans in Jacksonville.... So go back to stick in your head in the sand and act like it's a non-issue.... And get this clear I'm not calling out people that are season ticket holders... I'm not calling out the ones that have been supporting them since day one.... The ones that go to the games  obviously... I'm talking about the over negative people that simply won't support the team because they don't play well or they have a certain coach... It's those people that I'm talking about.... And if you're not one of those people then don't worry about it.... But to the ones that have lashed out at me because of my opinion? Do you have a guilty conscience? Seem to be taking it awful personally... If you go to the games your season ticket holder and you support the team through thick and thin then I'm not talking about you.... I'm talking about the fair weather fans

All this arguing over a statistically disproved position. Sad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-04-2020, 11:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:47 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: All I'm hearing is a lot of excuses... 

Yeah. 
Really dumb poster, or a really bad troll. 
It's a toss up. 

The Jags have sold an average of over 62,000 tickets at home games for 7 of the past ten years. 
It's actually pretty remarkable considering how many losses we've endured during that time. 
I'd love to see more diehard fans turn up when it's ugly, but this market does pretty well supporting through losses all things considered. 

I remember the seahawks game in 2017. That stadium had 64,431 fans packed in and there was not a significant Seattle contingency. The team was winning and the fans were supporting them. It's that simple -  and it's the formula that has worked and will continue to work in Jax. 

I don't see a problem at all.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 12:34 PM by nejagsfan.)

(01-04-2020, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: All this arguing over a statistically disproved position. Sad.
Yeah. 
It's a toss up. 

The Jags have sold an average of over 62,000 tickets at home games for 7 of the past ten years. 
It's actually pretty remarkable considering how many losses we've endured during that time. 
I'd love to see more diehard fans turn up when it's ugly, but this market does pretty well supporting through losses all things considered. 

I remember the seahawks game in 2017. That stadium had 64,431 fans packed in and there was not a significant Seattle contingency. The team was winning and the fans were supporting them. It's that simple -  and it's the formula that has worked and will continue to work in Jax. 

You don't see a problem at all? Okay cool... Or you could just be a really dumb person... You like getting insulted for your opinion? You obviously like insulting and calling people names because they don't have the same opinions as you.... You must be a blast at parties... I have a feeling you don't have many friends...

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 12:47 PM by nejagsfan.)

(01-04-2020, 11:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:47 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: All I'm hearing is a lot of excuses... Our team hasn't been around long enough... We have too many transplants.... I don't know the area... or the people in Jacksonville... It's too hot....I'm not going if this person's playing... I'm not going if this coach is hired... I'm not going if they keep this coach.. GM... Coordinator.... I've heard just about all of them... And the negativity on any given Sunday is mind-blowing....And yes you keep hearing that the team is going to move and I wonder why... The league when they were giving out the expansion teams back in the day all the experts said the Jacksonville and it's fan base could not support an NFL franchise... And your kind of proving their point.... And yes Jacksonville has historically had an attendance problem... I remember I've been a fan since day one....a 9-7 team had an attendance problem and we had attendance problems when we were hosting playoff games... So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't live in Jacksonville... I also hear a lot of stuff outside of Jacksonville that you guys don't... And how other fan bases and NFL teams view the fans in Jacksonville.... So go back to stick in your head in the sand and act like it's a non-issue.... And get this clear I'm not calling out people that are season ticket holders... I'm not calling out the ones that have been supporting them since day one.... The ones that go to the games  obviously... I'm talking about the over negative people that simply won't support the team because they don't play well or they have a certain coach... It's those people that I'm talking about.... And if you're not one of those people then don't worry about it.... But to the ones that have lashed out at me because of my opinion? Do you have a guilty conscience? Seem to be taking it awful personally... If you go to the games your season ticket holder and you support the team through thick and thin then I'm not talking about you.... I'm talking about the fair weather fans

I'm sorry that you see it as an argument.. I look at it as more of a conversation about an issue.... I mean isn't that what forums are all about.... To have conversations.... Not everybody is going to agree with each other... Like I said time and time again it's my opinion... I look at it in the past there was an attendance problem was there or wasn't there... We couldn't sell out games we had blackouts... We tarped seats... We had issues selling out home playoff games... All correct right? Then we did go on a run where we were selling out games and things were going well... Untill halfway through this season... All I'm saying is I feel like we're going to be going into another one of those droughts.... And that's going by the attitude of the fans and the late-season numbers on attendance... And if you read this forum you know what I'm talking about.... I just don't want to see the fan base turn on our team just because of the past two horrible seasons... And yes if we go into another drought where fans start to not go to games like they have in the past... this team will be gone maybe... And I don't want to see that and I'm sure none of you want to either.... But you have to admit when you read this forum on every Sunday it's pretty negative... Especially the game thread.... For a long time I refuse to read it on Sundays because I thought it would bring bad luck to the game lol all the negativity that is.... And yes I'm superstitious...BTW I do read other forums it seems like ours is way more negative then most but once again just my opinion...

You guys can beat me up for my opinion... I have thick skin I can take it... Call me whatever names you want

(01-04-2020, 12:42 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: All this arguing over a statistically disproved position. Sad.
I'm sorry that you see it as an argument.. I look at it as more of a conversation about an issue.... I mean isn't that what forums are all about.... To have conversations.... Not everybody is going to agree with each other... Like I said time and time again it's my opinion... I look at it in the past there was an attendance problem was there or wasn't there... We couldn't sell out games we had blackouts... We tarped seats... We had issues selling out home playoff games... All correct right? Then we did go on a run where we were selling out games and things were going well... Untill halfway through this season... All I'm saying is I feel like we're going to be going into another one of those droughts.... And that's going by the attitude of the fans and the late-season numbers on attendance... And if you read this forum you know what I'm talking about.... I just don't want to see the fan base turn on our team just because of the past two horrible seasons... And yes if we go into another drought where fans start to not go to games like they have in the past... this team will be gone maybe... And I don't want to see that and I'm sure none of you want to either.... But you have to admit when you read this forum on every Sunday it's pretty negative... Especially the game thread.... For a long time I refuse to read it on Sundays because I thought it would bring bad luck to the game lol all the negativity that is.... And yes I'm superstitious...BTW I do read other forums it seems like ours is way more negative then most but once again just my opinion...

You guys can beat me up for my opinion... I have thick skin I can take it... Call me whatever names you want

A conversational position based on non-facts and bad stats is just fiction. Refusing to accept the reality of actual facts when presented is stubbornness or self-delusion. Or trolling, but I dont think that's it with you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Average seating capacity of NFL stadiums....69,444
Average attendance of Jags past 10 years....62,000

So, according to basic math.... We have kept the average NFL stadium at 90% capacity for the last ten years.

You're right, definite problem with the fan base supporting the team. ?
Signature goes here.

I live in the monster DFW area with one of the biggest money grubbing owners in existence. Very very loyal fan base here but the stadium is built for transplants loyal to the visiting teams as well as the season ticket holders. They moved to a new facility dedicated to practice activities just to grow more revenue out of the locals.

My point is not every team has one of the most historic and legacy divisions regularly propping up their numbers. You think Jerruh would have built a stadium like that if they had been realigned to the NFC west or south?

I am a Navy transplant and that is what hooked me was all that early franchise building. But my family and I moved away so only one of my kids is a Jags fan. The town is very loyal and has some of the highest watch numbers per capita. In big cities they don't have an engaged base like in Jacksonville. But hey stick with Jax fans are the problem.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-04-2020, 12:32 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. 
It's a toss up. 

You don't see a problem at all? Okay cool... Or you could just be a really dumb person... You like getting insulted for your opinion? You obviously like insulting and calling people names because they don't have the same opinions as you.... You must be a blast at parties... I have a feeling you don't have many friends...

You stated multiple inaccuracies.  You stated them as fact and they were incorrect.

Then you backpedaled and called them your "opinion." 

They are neither fact nor opinion. They are inaccurate statements. Some would say "lies." 

It's very simple. Know what the hell you are talking about - or get called out for being full of [BLEEP]
Your choice.

(01-04-2020, 12:32 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You don't see a problem at all? Okay cool... Or you could just be a really dumb person... You like getting insulted for your opinion? You obviously like insulting and calling people names because they don't have the same opinions as you.... You must be a blast at parties... I have a feeling you don't have many friends...

Yo, your period key is malfunctioning.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-04-2020, 03:18 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 12:32 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You don't see a problem at all? Okay cool... Or you could just be a really dumb person... You like getting insulted for your opinion? You obviously like insulting and calling people names because they don't have the same opinions as you.... You must be a blast at parties... I have a feeling you don't have many friends...

Yo, your period key is malfunctioning.

He seems to be on his period just fine.

Lmao....you guys are so funny...so what did I say that wasn't fact and a lie. I guess I just imagined tarped seats...blacked out games. Or playoff game that didn't sell out...Which happened in 2007 btw...so what out of that is not true