Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
IF......the Pats let Brady walk...hmmmm

That means they will need an experienced QB for next season. What about Foles? Could Foles possibly be shopped to NE to get out from under his contract? Is he someone Belichick might consider?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 09:46 AM by Caldrac.)

One can only hope. Bortles could end up there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There's also Bridgewater and Keenum being available.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-05-2020, 09:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: One can only hope. Bortles could end up there.

There's also Bridgewater and Keenum being available.

Bortles?.....Surely you jest. LOL.

Yeah. A jest.

I think it will be Bridgewater or Keenum if they move on from Brady.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Bortles to Patriots.

4500 yards, 38 TDs, 12 Ints

Superb Owl ring.

Belichick's statement that it was him and not Brady.

Also, #becausejaguars
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-05-2020, 09:40 AM)jon2005 Wrote: That means they will need an experienced QB for next season. What about Foles? Could Foles possibly be shopped to NE to get out from under his contract? Is he someone Belichick might consider?

The Pats might take Foles if we throw in our 2nd rounder.  Might be worth it to get out from that albatross contract.

The Patriots did scout him coming out of UCF. They may have felt he could have been a 2nd day pick.

They landed Garoppolo instead. It'll be interesting next season with what happens in New England though.

(01-05-2020, 10:40 AM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 09:40 AM)jon2005 Wrote: That means they will need an experienced QB for next season. What about Foles? Could Foles possibly be shopped to NE to get out from under his contract? Is he someone Belichick might consider?

The Pats might take Foles if we throw in our 2nd rounder.  Might be worth it to get out from that albatross contract.

It's not, you pay Foles and cut or trade him next offseason. He's a good influence on Minshew and an experienced backup.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 10:56 AM by jon2005.)

(01-05-2020, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 10:40 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: The Pats might take Foles if we throw in our 2nd rounder.  Might be worth it to get out from that albatross contract.

It's not, you pay Foles and cut or trade him next offseason. He's a good influence on Minshew and an experienced backup.

It's all about cap money. Having Foles consuming so much cap cash makes him a liability preventing us from paying and keeping other good players. Foles in an anchor around this team's neck.

I’ll bet my hard earned cash that if Belichick doesn’t hang it up, and Brady leaves, Blake Bortles will be a New England Patriot next year.

What makes you guys so confident that Bortles goes to New England? Legitimately asking, not being snide.

Belichick could have had Bortles when we unloaded him. Why not then?

Brady is not going anywhere. I'm sure they'll sign him to a 1-year discount contract (~$18m /year)

Brady isn't under contract with New England. He is currently a FA. He can sign with anyone.

Belichick did his usual "blow smoke up his [BLEEP] to freak him out" bit before the AFCCG and the 2018 game, but I've seen it reported at least once on PFT that the Patriots actually had Bortles at the top of their QB draft board in 2014, ahead of Garoppolo, they just didn't see any particular reason to trade up for him when they still had Brady. If Bortles makes it to UFA, I wouldn't be too shocked to see Belichick make a run at him to back Brady up, bring Brady back for a year, then draft a kid in the second or third round to groom as a possible replacement and let Bortles and the new guy fight it out to be the heir apparent.

Nobody is taking Foles terrible contract. You better believe that's one of the main reasons Coughlin got the axe
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-05-2020, 02:59 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Nobody is taking Foles terrible contract. You better believe that's one of the main reasons Coughlin got the axe

What's even worse is that there was no competition for Foles and the Jags decided to overpay Foles anyway to cement his status as the starter.  

And we know how that turned out.  Ouch.  Definitely one of the top 10 worst FA agent signings in NFL history.

Bortles terrible accuracy and ball placement will not work for the Patriots.

As much as I'd like to see Bortles succeed, I'd hate that he would make me kind of like the Pats at that point

As much as I can’t stand TB12, there’s no way IMHO he leaves NE. He’s got six rings. So money chase? He’s got the money. A [BLEEP] ton of it. And if reports are right, he’s not even the bread winner. So chasing a high contract seems unlikely. I think he just seeks the wins. Which means the Pats and Bill Belichick. To me, buying out of your contract seems like he either A. Isn’t happy with management or B. Wants to get paid for his efforts rather than taking team friendly deals.

I think we’ll see at least one more year of the three headed snake