Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you like to see the AFCS send two teams to the Championship game?
Hell Yes
Anything but that
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
AFCS Championship

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 01:30 PM by BattleRedBlood.)

Who here would like to see an AFCSouth championship game? I know the odds are not in our favor (Texans vs Chiefs / Titans vs Ravens), but I have seen crazier things happen. I have posted several times on this board that I see the potential for the AFCS to become a powerhouse, and what better way to show the NFL then to have two AFCS teams go head to head in the AFCCG? I am curious how you posters feel about that possibility, or if you would prefer they both lost next weekend.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Definitely want both AFCS teams to lose next week. My hate for the Titans is even greater than that which I have for the Patriots. No way the Texans beat the Chiefs and it's unlikely that the Titans win over the Ravens, although they have the right formula for winning in the post-season. Ravens must find a way to stop Henry. When all is said and done, I'd like to see Andy Reid get his first Super Bowl win.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 02:12 PM by EricC85.)

I’m pulling for the Texans the rest of the way but hopefully the stinking tacks get sent home next week
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Both bum teams lose
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Anything but want both teams to lose next week

I know I’m in the minority, but yes...I’d like to see both AFCS teams win next week.  Tinhorns & Tacks played well this year and I don’t want to see them fail just because my team underperformed this year.

If you can’t give respect when it’s warranted, don’t expect to ever earn any yourself.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(01-05-2020, 07:25 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: I know I’m in the minority, but yes...I’d like to see both AFCS teams win next week.  Tinhorns & Tacks played well this year and I don’t want to see them fail just because my team underperformed this year.

If you can’t give respect when it’s warranted, don’t expect to ever earn any yourself.

I sort of agree. The AFC South has been the but of jokes for years now around the league and casual fans. Any of the South teams making some runs and giving the division respectability helps the Jaguars in the long run. 

Having said, no way could I root for any other South team to win a SB. To lose in heartbreaking fashion or a blowout, sure.

(01-05-2020, 07:25 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: I know I’m in the minority, but yes...I’d like to see both AFCS teams win next week.  Tinhorns & Tacks played well this year and I don’t want to see them fail just because my team underperformed this year.

I somewhat agree.  I'm a fan of the game regardless who the teams are (unless of course it's the Jaguars).  I want to see good teams succeed regardless of which conference/division they are in.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I don't think we have to worry about this, but I think TN might be able to take KC. Andy Reid in the playoffs is never a sure thing. Now the Ravens? They are gonna kill the Texans IMO, however I was wrong last week so we will see.

That said it would be neat to see an AFCS championship game. Texans have been knocking on the door for awhile, so it would be cool to see them break thru.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'm rooting for KC vs Titans AFC Championship game with the Chiefs going to the SB.

No real Jag fan would want the AFC Championship game between Tenn and Houston. Go Chiefs and Ravens.

I can't see either winning their next round, but congrats to their fans here for the playoff berths.  

It's tough for me to root for any division rival, but I'll probably turn a neutral eye toward the chefs/tinhorns game. Could be a fun one to watch.

Tacks fans, sorry, but I'm pulling for the Ravens to crush your team next week.
Tongue

I think the Texans have the better chance but I don't see either winning.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-05-2020, 01:29 PM)BattleRedBlood Wrote: Who here would like to see an AFCSouth championship game? I know the odds are not in our favor (Texans vs Chiefs / Titans vs Ravens), but I have seen crazier things happen. I have posted several times on this board that I see the potential for the AFCS to become a powerhouse, and what better way to show the NFL then to have two AFCS teams go head to head in the AFCCG? I am curious how you posters feel about that possibility, or if you would prefer they both lost next weekend.

the Bills were the only team in the AFC side of the playoffs that did not have some disgusting stink on them.

at this point, I am rooting for meteors or sinkholes in every matchup.

(01-05-2020, 01:29 PM)BattleRedBlood Wrote: Who here would like to see an AFCSouth championship game? I know the odds are not in our favor (Texans vs Chiefs / Titans vs Ravens), but I have seen crazier things happen. I have posted several times on this board that I see the potential for the AFCS to become a powerhouse, and what better way to show the NFL then to have two AFCS teams go head to head in the AFCCG? I am curious how you posters feel about that possibility, or if you would prefer they both lost next weekend.

It would be kind of cool to see, but I don't see it happening.  I think the Texans have a better shot at beating the Chiefs than the Titans have at beating the Ravens.  As of right now I just don't see either happening.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 03:26 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Unless Jax is part of it, absolutely not. I want both teams to get their doors blown off this week.

(01-06-2020, 12:17 PM)Mikey Wrote:

the Bills were the only team in the AFC side of the playoffs that did not have some disgusting stink on them.

at this point, I am rooting for meteors or sinkholes in every matchup.

I wanted the Bills to lose too. I can't stand that fanbase as a whole, especially living near there.

I have no issues with KC or Baltimore right now. I'm rooting for a KC/Seattle SB

(01-05-2020, 07:58 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Any of the South teams making some runs and giving the division respectability helps the Jaguars in the long run. 

Dude, we're like the Browns and Lions.  People don't respect you just because the other teams in your division are good.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 03:01 AM by rpr52121.)

(01-06-2020, 03:48 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 07:58 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Any of the South teams making some runs and giving the division respectability helps the Jaguars in the long run. 

Dude, we're like the Browns and Lions.  People don't respect you just because the other teams in your division are good.

You misinterpreted my meaning. I did not mean the Jaguars will be thought of as better while they are still a bad team. 

I meant that when (or rather if) the Jags ever become good, they could get a small bump in esteem because the division has a higher regard. 

This would be in contrast to current general NFL fan/media response of, "Who care about the AFC South, none of those teams/franchises are ever really good". I know the AFC South will never get the respect of divisions with major media markets, but it would be nice for the division to not be a complete afterthought.

Plus, watching those teams deal with heartbreaking playoff losses when they thought they were "this close" will give me more schadenfreude, then them just getting blown out by the Ravens/Chiefs.

Lastly, Texans doing well would ensure they keep BOB, who while better than Jag's coaches is not an elite coach. And Titans doing well may "force" them to sign Tannehill to a large contract this off season, when it is still questionable if this is just a good streak or he is a bon-a-fide franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 08:00 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

Would the nfl allow a tacks/texans championship?
If either of these games are close, watch for the nfl safety net. The refs
Nfl is salivating for ravens/chiefs
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(01-06-2020, 07:59 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Would the nfl allow a tacks/texans championship?
If either of these games are close, watch for the nfl safety net. The refs
Nfl is salivating for ravens/chiefs

I'm no conspiracy theorist - in fact I find most of that stuff to be bonkers - but...

... you gotta' believe that the league is definitely pulling for a chefs/ravens AFCG. 

Now, whether they actually enact any measures to further that wish is another discussion. 

(The thing the makes this less controversial is the fact that the chefs and ravens are the best teams in the AFC this year and it's pretty obvious. )