Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you draft Tua at #20 for the Jags?

(01-06-2020, 03:20 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 03:11 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I agree that we have too many other needs to address. The injury is the real question mark with Tua. Where it may get interesting, GMs and HCs dont have the luxury of time in the modern NFL, how many will pass a guy who can help now for someone it may take 2-3 years. Will they still be there to get the benefit of that pick? I'm sure plenty of owners would want him. Could make for some interesting scenarios.

Someone will take a shot, his talent is impressive.
In my worthless opinion, I don't think there is any question.  I'm sure he's talked to enough people to have some sort of gauge on how 'draftable' he's going to be.  I would have to think that is one of the factors as to why he's declaring.

"Tagovailoa, who did not use crutches, as he had in recent weeks, said he met with Alabama coach Nick Saban five times in the past week and had conversations with multiple NFL executives."

"Despite those medical concerns, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. had him rated third overall in his latest Big Board. The Miami Dolphins
 are expected to show great interest in Tagovailoa with the fifth pick in the draft if he slides that far."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2843...-nfl-draft

I'm sure someone will bite. Miami have multiple 1st rounders so not such a risk. It all comes down to how NFL teams judge his medical info. Teams dont seem as anti injury as in years ago. Guys like Gurley paid off but he is struggling again. 

Just speculating, it could get interesting if everyone expects Miami to take him at 5 and they dont. Some teams have other needs or guys theyve fallen in love with and didnt expect Tua to be there. Kinda like Rodgers. Would he drop? Would someone trade up? How high do you trade up?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you draft Tua at #20 for the Jags? - by JagFan81 - 01-06-2020, 09:31 PM