Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you draft Tua at #20 for the Jags?

(01-10-2020, 08:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wouldn’t that be a red flag to you? That two of the best franchises right now want to trade up for Tua? In that case, the Jags should just take him.

It's a conundrum.  I don't want something no one else wants, which is why I would avoid him if he falls to 20, but then if the Pats or the Saints try to trade up to get him, that means someone does want him.  

On the other hand, both those teams might be in the mood to take a wild chance that he will regain his health and become a franchise QB.  Should we take that same chance?  We're not in their situation.  They have great rosters and they can keep their winning tradition going with a new franchise QB.  If the odds of him regaining this health were only 20%, they might logically want to take a wild swing for the fences, and we might logically not want to do that.  Because they are soon going to be missing just one piece of the puzzle, and we are missing about 10 pieces.
Playing it safe is how you end up with Fournette and Taven Bryan. This franchise needs stars and wins.

I’ve been saying for a while that they need to take a chance and go for a home run. Tua has a chance to be really special (IMO) and I would take that chance at 9 rather than 20.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you draft Tua at #20 for the Jags? - by Cleatwood - 01-10-2020, 09:34 AM