Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills screwed, like us in AFCCG

So here we go again. Another NFL playoff season. Another small market team gets totally screwed out of a win. 

The "Blindside" block call that took the Bills out of FG range was absolutely sickening and gave me memories of the AFCGG screw job we got vs the Pats.

It reminded me of the no call PI Saints got vs Rams. 

Mike Pereira confirmed it was a terrible call on Twitter. The rule states very clearly it has to he with the head, shoulder or forearm. None of those were used by the Bills player making the block. 

So the NFL either hates small market teams, or the refs don't understand the rules that they get paid very handsomely in a dream job to enforce...

Which one do you think it is?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To be fair, if Josh Allen didn't completely lose it in the 4th quarter, they would have come back from that call. Dude was a trainwreck.

(01-07-2020, 11:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: To be fair, if Josh Allen didn't completely lose it in the 4th quarter, they would have come back from that call. Dude was a trainwreck.

Yep.

Allen went into "deer in headlights" mode.  First playoff appearance may have been a bit overwhelming for the kid. 
https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/5/21050...eral-catch

(01-07-2020, 11:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: To be fair, if Josh Allen didn't completely lose it in the 4th quarter, they would have come back from that call. Dude was a trainwreck.

Kind of like when Bortles turned it off in the 4th?

If Jack scores that TD, Bortles beats the pats.

The question is still valid
s
;

;

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 02:31 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(01-07-2020, 02:24 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote:

Bortles didn't fall apart anywhere near as bad as Allen did though

And even still, if Gilmore didn't make a ridiculous play on the ball, Westbrook has a walk in TD for the win

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 04:53 PM by RicoTx.)

(01-07-2020, 02:24 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote:

Did you even see the game?  Allen had four or five of the most boneheaded plays that I have ever seen in the span of about two minutes.

And Bortles didn't turn anything off.  The coaches turned everything off in that game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-07-2020, 04:21 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 02:24 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Kind of like when Bortles turned it off in the 4th?

Did you even see the game?  Allen have four or five of the most boneheaded plays that I have ever seen in the span of about two minutes.

And Bortles didn't turn anything off.  The coaches turned everything off in that game.

So glad you posted this, because I didn't remember being THAT drunk until after the game.

My wife, who knows little about football overall, watched Allen's meltdown and suggested someone on the Bills staff give that "frightened young man a Zanex or at least some Essential Oils". She felt sorry for him.

Yeah, coaching is what happened in ‘17. It should be pretty damn obvious. If anything, I’m surprised the Steelers game even happened. Not so much with Allen. That was on him.

Not even close... Allen imploded in the 4th quarter.. Plain and simple.

That "blindside" block has been called all season long. It didn't just happen in that game... It's literally been a main stay throughout the entire season. I'm not saying I agree with the call completely, but it's been called regularly all season long.

(01-07-2020, 09:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not even close... Allen imploded in the 4th quarter.. Plain and simple.

That "blindside" block has been called all season long. It didn't just happen in that game... It's literally been a main stay throughout the entire season. I'm not saying I agree with the call completely, but it's been called regularly all season long.

It shouldn't be a penalty but it is and has been called pretty consistently.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Allen reminds me very strongly of Blake. He made some horrible decisions that ultimately lost them the game. Hopefully for his sake he can improve.

Allen made some great plays down the stretch and in OT but also made some real head scratchers. But I thought the blindside block was a terrible call as well. Sure they've called blindside hits throughout the year but it's all subjective. If Ford had lightly shoved him or just gotten in his way, that wouldn't be a penalty. If Ford lowered his head and launched himself into the helmet of the defender, that would have been a penalty. Somewhere in between those two extremes it transitions from not a penalty to a penalty. And that's where it is totally subjective. Ford hadn't generated a head of steam, the defender turned his head and saw it coming, it wasn't a malicious or dangerous play which is the entire reason the blindside block was made a penalty. If the flag hadn't been thrown, I'm not sure anyone would have noticed the block happened.

Don't forget two plays before that where the Bills had Allen running to the right, a wall of blockers, but the olinemen completely whiffed on blocking Zach Cunningham who dropped Allen for a 1 yard gain. He had enough blockers he looked like he could have run all the way to the endzone but if nothing else should have easily got 10-15 yards, another first down, and borderline chipshot field goal range. That might have been the worst play for the Bills down the stretch.