Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is our guy

(01-16-2020, 05:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 08:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Dos Equis guy did retire.  They replaced him with a new, younger version, and the commercials sucked without him.

I didn't know about that. I haven't seen a commercial in a long time.

(01-16-2020, 05:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's stolen from a t-shirt I saw recently in souvenir shops in Key West.  

"I'm not gay, but $20 is $20"

The t-shirt guy probably stole it from somebody else.

True.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone else get that “Chuck Norris”/ “Walker Texas Ranger” vibe on the opening scene?

See? He is our guy.

(01-30-2020, 12:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: See? He is our guy.

He is us
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-30-2020, 12:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: See? He is our guy.

Yes...yes, he is.

Quote:If you start sucking obviously there’s going to be push-back...the mustache looks pretty stupid at that point.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He won’t be the guy for long if this FO doesn’t put a full on effort to help him this offseason. A bad season means new FO, and new GMs like to draft their own guy. Hopefully they realize this and give Gardner an offensive line that can actually block and some weapons other than Chark would be nice.

(01-30-2020, 02:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He won’t be the guy for long if this FO doesn’t put a full on effort to help him this offseason. A bad season means new FO, and new GMs like to draft their own guy. Hopefully they realize this and give Gardner an offensive line that can actually block and some weapons other than Chark would be nice.

There's a half dozen coaches/GMs sitting at home thinking, "I could have this guy on a rookie deal for two more years? Sign me up."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 05:49 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-17-2020, 04:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ZnmGjH7nS/...hare_sheet

Lol.  He reminds me of some country midwest outlaw type.  The white trashiness was hilarious but I'll save my opinion for those who are in touch with reality and aren't thin skinned.

fixed
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-30-2020, 03:57 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 04:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ZnmGjH7nS/...hare_sheet

Lol.  He reminds me of some country midwest outlaw type.  The white trashiness was hilarious but i like our white people in jax.  Mostly bold and brave, wont discuss the rest.

In today's PC culture I would recommend an edit.

(01-30-2020, 04:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 03:57 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Lol.  He reminds me of some country midwest outlaw type.  The white trashiness was hilarious but i like our white people in jax.  Mostly bold and brave, wont discuss the rest.

In today's PC culture I would recommend an edit.

I'm thinking it could be read a couple of ways and neither sound good, PC or not.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 05:17 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-30-2020, 04:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 04:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: In today's PC culture I would recommend an edit.

I'm thinking it could be read a couple of ways and neither sound good, PC or not.

I think in one context its a PC faux pas in today's society...

in another context it's him getting fired and made into a pariah.

"White trashiness" is not offensive.
It's an adjective. It could describe people, which would be offensive, but it can also describe places and things. Gardner was describing Jacksonville. The businesses, the vehicles, the swamps. They're all pretty white-trashy, if we're being honest.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-30-2020, 09:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: "White trashiness" is not offensive.
It's an adjective. It could describe people, which would be offensive, but it can also describe places and things.  Gardner was describing Jacksonville.  The businesses, the vehicles, the swamps. They're all pretty white-trashy, if we're being honest.

The funny thing is, I’m as hard right as one can be. But his comment, I can see how it would piss people off.   You really shouldn’t describe an area as “white trash”.  I’ll chalk it up to him being naive.  But to hear you defend it and what you post in other sections.. smh

You’re 100% about your cause.  Zero cred.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 10:20 PM by jaglyn.)

Jax before 2000, yeah pretty much white trash

But Jax proper has changed, it's got an Atlanta/Orlando feel now. There are still some pockets of WT, and it gets more prevalent the further out you go but then you're in the surrounding counties already and no longer in Duval

PS, I liked Jax better pre-2000. Its turning into Orlando now

Gardner Minshew mention on NBCs The Good Place tonight!

Also, perfect Madden game in the stadium was played, epic.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-30-2020, 10:19 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Gardner Minshew mention on NBCs The Good Place tonight!

The same show that kept referencing bortles?  What did they say?

(01-30-2020, 10:28 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 10:19 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Gardner Minshew mention on NBCs The Good Place tonight!

The same show that kept referencing bortles?  What did they say?

Yeah I dont watch but I am aware of Bortles humor on that show. What did they say?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2020, 01:47 AM by mal234.)

(01-31-2020, 12:17 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 10:28 PM)Jags Wrote: The same show that kept referencing bortles?  What did they say?

Yeah I dont watch but I am aware of Bortles humor on that show. What did they say?

I don't watch the show either (though I know about the character that loves the Jags/Blake Bortles. And also saw a clip of them mentioning Nick Foles). But it sounds like one of the characters told their close friend that they are their "Gardner Minshew".

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/stat...8424653824

I am glad to see him get a mention on the show.

(01-30-2020, 09:58 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: "White trashiness" is not offensive.
It's an adjective. It could describe people, which would be offensive, but it can also describe places and things.  Gardner was describing Jacksonville.  The businesses, the vehicles, the swamps. They're all pretty white-trashy, if we're being honest.

The funny thing is, I’m as hard right as one can be. But his comment, I can see how it would piss people off.   You really shouldn’t describe an area as “white trash”.  I’ll chalk it up to him being naive.  But to hear you defend it and what you post in other sections.. smh

You’re 100% about your cause.  Zero cred.

What do you think my "cause" is?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.