Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is our guy

(01-31-2020, 09:24 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:58 PM)Jags Wrote: The funny thing is, I’m as hard right as one can be. But his comment, I can see how it would piss people off.   You really shouldn’t describe an area as “white trash”.  I’ll chalk it up to him being naive.  But to hear you defend it and what you post in other sections.. smh

You’re 100% about your cause.  Zero cred.

What do you think my "cause" is?

Pugnacity.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2020, 09:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: "White trashiness" is not offensive.
It's an adjective. It could describe people, which would be offensive, but it can also describe places and things.  Gardner was describing Jacksonville.  The businesses, the vehicles, the swamps. They're all pretty white-trashy, if we're being honest.

Hmm... Personally I don't get offended by words. I myself (being a white guy in the south) have often used the term white trash.
I've never meant it simply as an "adjective" as you say.

It is offensive.
Need proof? Replace white with black and see what happens.

"Black trash" would be accepted nowhere.

Just another example of double standards when it comes to the PC culture, race wars, etc.
But speaking of which... I suppose much like the N word is accepted when said by black people, white people can use the term white trash, and others can not, and only then should it be deemed offensive.

And... I think this thread is very close to being moved to the political thread, soo I'm out.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2020, 12:44 PM by Corriewf.)

Oh cmon guys...

I submit exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVQ160TF5U

I think Minshew was saying there is a bit of her in all of us.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2020, 12:58 PM by mikesez.)

(01-31-2020, 11:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
It's an adjective. It could describe people, which would be offensive, but it can also describe places and things.  Gardner was describing Jacksonville.  The businesses, the vehicles, the swamps. They're all pretty white-trashy, if we're being honest.

Hmm... Personally I don't get offended by words. I myself (being a white guy in the south) have often used the term white trash.
I've never meant it simply as an "adjective" as you say.

It is offensive.
Need proof? Replace white with black and see what happens.

"Black trash" would be accepted nowhere.

Just another example of double standards when it comes to the PC culture, race wars, etc.
But speaking of which... I suppose much like the N word is accepted when said by black people, white people can use the term white trash, and others can not, and only then should it be deemed offensive.

And... I think this thread is very close to being moved to the political thread, soo I'm out.

There's definitely a double standard, so you wouldn't want to refer to something in black culture, like a type of food or a type of music, as "black trash" unless you want to lose your job and your friends.
That said, "white trashy" is OK as long as it's not applied to specific white people.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I think it's great because it plays to (and makes fun of a little bit) the national perception, even the self-perception in some ways but Jacksonville like most cities is diverse. There are 'necks even in New York and LA. I just hope that if it turns out he really is a great player on the field, that the Jags never let him go because he could own the town, possibly own the league with his personality if he's also also got the ability to lead a team to championships.  

Long way to go to get there.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think if you cut jeans into shorts and use interviews to plug selling your old mustache in a bag- you can coin the term white trash whenever you want.

(01-31-2020, 01:13 PM)Corriewf Wrote: I think if you cut jeans into shorts and use interviews to plug selling your old mustache in a bag- you can coin the term white trash whenever you want.

[Image: tenor.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2020, 02:01 PM by mal234.)

Here is the clip from "The Good Place" series finale last night that mentioned Gardner.

https://twitter.com/2QBFFB/status/1223293472192360449

And a bonus video from earlier this year, talking a little about the Jags/Bortles/Nick Foles. It's amusing and nice that the Jags did get some shoutout on this show because one of their characters is a big fan of the team.

https://twitter.com/_vanessagomz/status/...7178025985

https://twitter.com/BriannaBarden/status...9983838208

(01-31-2020, 01:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 01:13 PM)Corriewf Wrote: I think if you cut jeans into shorts and use interviews to plug selling your old mustache in a bag- you can coin the term white trash whenever you want.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I would absolutely buy the t-shirt that has a picture of Minshew and says, “ Cause I’m a little white trash too. “ On the back put, “ wanna buy a mustache? “ with a picture of his mustache in a bag. Hell, I would buy my entire family that shirt.

(01-31-2020, 12:43 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Oh cmon guys...

I submit exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVQ160TF5U

I think Minshew was saying there is a bit of her in all of us.

LOL...  I'm both offended and entertained!

That's a good point.  No one gets to be offended if you're calling *yourself* white trash.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It wasn't the Whiskey Tango, AKA, white trash part I was referring to.

(01-30-2020, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 02:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He won’t be the guy for long if this FO doesn’t put a full on effort to help him this offseason. A bad season means new FO, and new GMs like to draft their own guy. Hopefully they realize this and give Gardner an offensive line that can actually block and some weapons other than Chark would be nice.

There's a half dozen coaches/GMs sitting at home thinking, "I could have this guy on a rookie deal for two more years? Sign me up."

Missing the point. If this team flops, which they will if they don’t heavily address the offensive line and throw in a quality TE, this FO is toast. If that happens you would assume that Gardner had a bad year. It’s a QB league. QB plays bad, team is likely bad. Rare 1 year wonders happen like 2017, but it’s not sustainable. The only way to sustain success in the current NFL is to find your QB and protect him. 

Now if the team sucks and Gardner has a bad year, I highly doubt that a brand new GM and coach is going to want to start out with a 6th round QB. Which will put this team right back to square 1, finding the QB. It’s a weird situation because it’s clear the FO/coaching is in win now mode and might make decisions for immediate success, which could not be the best for the growth of Minshew. Ultimately it could all flop, and the kid won’t have a real chance to prove himself. I think he can be the guy, and I just hope to God that they do everything they can to put help around Gardner. 

We have been the worst team in the NFL the last decade. It’s time to stop the BS and build around the damn QB.

(02-01-2020, 04:02 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There's a half dozen coaches/GMs sitting at home thinking, "I could have this guy on a rookie deal for two more years? Sign me up."

Missing the point. If this team flops, which they will if they don’t heavily address the offensive line and throw in a quality TE, this FO is toast. If that happens you would assume that Gardner had a bad year. It’s a QB league. QB plays bad, team is likely bad. Rare 1 year wonders happen like 2017, but it’s not sustainable. The only way to sustain success in the current NFL is to find your QB and protect him. 

Now if the team sucks and Gardner has a bad year, I highly doubt that a brand new GM and coach is going to want to start out with a 6th round QB. Which will put this team right back to square 1, finding the QB. It’s a weird situation because it’s clear the FO/coaching is in win now mode and might make decisions for immediate success, which could not be the best for the growth of Minshew. Ultimately it could all flop, and the kid won’t have a real chance to prove himself. I think he can be the guy, and I just hope to God that they do everything they can to put help around Gardner. 

We have been the worst team in the NFL the last decade. It’s time to stop the BS and build around the damn QB.

Nah, GM15 can play lights out and this team will still lose because #kepttheproblem. Ego says "I can win big with that guy at the helm" especially if they fix the relatively easy to solve cap issue for 2021. And of course #becausejaguars means we win just enough to miss the top QB prospects in that draft too. GM15 will be an enticing piece of the deal after they clean house in the leadership next year imo.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://youtu.be/qEGMse-VCgs

He's not the answer. Jags fans too stupid to realize this.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(02-03-2020, 12:33 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: He's not the answer. Jags fans too stupid to realize this.

Kind of ironic you would call somebody stupid.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The Denver play is one for the ages.

(03-10-2020, 08:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1237536213176729603?s=20

I could just watch that on loop.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]