Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Coaching Carousel

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Panthers got a gem. Dude is great at turning around programs.

Huge deal for Rhule. 7 years, $60 million + $10 million in possible incentives.

(01-07-2020, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...81761?s=20

That seems a real weird move on the surface. A WR coach to HC? Hell of a jump. And it's not like the Patriots WR had a good year. McCarthy going to Dallas, Rivera to Washington, it seems a weird one to me.

(01-07-2020, 02:06 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...81761?s=20

That seems a real weird move on the surface. A WR coach to HC? Hell of a jump. And it's not like the Patriots WR had a good year. McCarthy going to Dallas, Rivera to Washington, it seems a weird one to me.

And apparently they want Garrett as OC!!

Wow. How much can you anger a fanbase?!

(01-07-2020, 02:06 PM)SJagFan81 Wrote:

He was also the special teams guy I believe.

Worked out well for Baltimore and Harbaugh so who knows.

So Dave Gettlemen makes a terrible coach hire, but hires four computer folks. Anyone else think they figured out who our next GM will be? Cause I think I have!

(01-07-2020, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Panthers got a gem. Dude is great at turning around programs.

The best part for him is that the Panthers don't really need to be turned around all that much. They've got at least one franchise QB in Cam Newton, who I think is going to end up sticking around and playing for Rivera, they've got McCaffrey, they've got lots of young talent on defense...if you're going to land somewhere, it's probably the second-best job available in terms of talent already in place.

Also, they have a cornerback named "Corn", so they instantly win any poll opened up around here.

(01-07-2020, 02:06 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: That seems a real weird move on the surface. A WR coach to HC? Hell of a jump. And it's not like the Patriots WR had a good year. McCarthy going to Dallas, Rivera to Washington, it seems a weird one to me.

Judge had been the special teams coordinator for several years, so he has coordinator experience coming in. Harbaugh was the ST coach of the Eagles and added defensive backs to his job description in his last year there before the Ravens hired him. Harbaugh has said in the past that Andy Reid agreed to the move because he thought Harbaugh had earned a head coaching job and wanted to help him get one. Who knows if Belichick extended the same favor to Judge, or if he just saw an opening and had a coach on hand to fill it.

(01-07-2020, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Panthers got a gem. Dude is great at turning around programs.

We'll see what happens in the NFL.  There haven't been a whole lot of coaches that came directly from college that have been successful.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

In desperation, Cleveland has taken out a classified ad in the local newspaper.

Rhule = good hire
McCarthy = good hire
Rivera = good hire
Judge = ????

(01-08-2020, 10:07 AM)JackCity Wrote: Rhule = good hire
McCarthy = good hire
Rivera = good hire
Judge = ????

Former Belichick coaches don't exactly have the best record.

McDaniels: spectacular implosion, abandoning a team at the altar
Crennel: washed out twice
Mangini: washed out twice
Patricia: thin ice
Flores: hired to tank

Really the only one you can call successful to date is Bill O'Brien. Stephen Belichick seems destined for a head job somewhere sooner rather than later, possibly succeeding his dad as HC of the Pats, and who knows if the NFL is as tolerant of his cheating is as kind to him as it's been to his pops.

(01-08-2020, 08:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: In desperation, Cleveland has taken out a classified ad in the local newspaper.

Cleveland will continue to be a dumpster fire until the mercurial owner hires a competent grownup as head coach and gives him a long term contract and both owner and his moneyball guru backs off letting the HC establish a positive culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

Man Cleveland seems to have a new HC every season. Mayfield has been average. Minshew has outplayed him in my opinion.

And if I’m the Panthers coach I would play the backup and trade Newton.

(01-10-2020, 02:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...75648?s=20

Does he need an OL coach? Because I know a guy.

(01-10-2020, 03:37 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 02:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...75648?s=20

Does he need an OL coach? Because I know a guy.

Take the DC too.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."